• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam389 Amagnetic Ceramic -[[ QC pics allowed ZFac reps ]]

dev1ant

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Puretime's PAM389 comes with see through case-back. original is solid....buy it still looks very cool!

What do you mean? It's a solid caseback...

PAM2013101803-09_enl.JPG

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Pam389 Amagnetic Ceramic

Tasty

qybusaha.jpg

uhy5epuv.jpg

vaseqa8u.jpg

5y9abysu.jpg

ge5e8e9y.jpg

y4ete8e9.jpg

1:1 Replicated from a genuine PAM389 O as sample, the first Panerai watch with rotating ceramic bezel, all details are made as per genuine including bezel constructions, anti-magnetic cover and movement holder rubber pieces. It is one of the best replica Submersible after the noob PAM187 and noob PAM243.
This is only a sample, the final watch will have straight bezel markers, "SWISS MADE" engraved in the middle of the inner side of case back and gold plated case back thread to make it smooth.
If you are looking for a 47mm 1:1 Submersible and I assure you this is the ONE!
Pre-order starts immediately and if you pre-order before 21st October 0:00am Standard China Time, you will get a FREE strap as gift (if you buy the leather strap version and you will get an extra rubber strap, if you buy the rubber strap version and you will get an extra leather strap). You have 3 working days to confirm your payment which means even you placed your order by 21st and you have to complete the payment by 24th in order to enjoy this offer.
Video will be up later today, thank you for your support.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk Pro

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Looks like they took all the feedback onboard and fixed the alignment issues. I'd be surprised if this isn't a super rep.

Z3k0

Renowned Member
2/1/07
Croatia
Mmmm, I'm usually not pre-order kind of guy, but damn this is tempting ... on a first glance it looks spectacular ... only thing I can notice (on full magnified picture) is that 15 on bezel is not perfectly centered on the marker. With all AP diver variants coming out and now this, this will be winter of expensive diver watches.

Perry

12/5/07
I'm on the verge of getting this watch. I worry about getting it as a first generation assuming there will be defects that will be improved via a V2 etc. I don't see any major issues or am I wrong here? Can someone chime in who are real Pam experts and let everyone know if there are any issues visible on the photos with this watch? I'm thinking the dial printing is a tad too thin and do I see a sunken date wheel? Check out the video of the watch on Angus web site.

c888

10/3/12
there's been a lot input in the development of this watch over at rg. hopefully no need for a v2, but I know that's rarely the case.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Firstly many thanks Angus for the care, love, passion you have put in this project,

We all know you have fight against all problems involved in such a development, you have consulted everyone interested in knowing our opinions and have been exposed to all criticisms.

You have done a very good job leaving aside the economical interests and even the final quality of the replica. We all should be grateful to you because few people take such an interest for our wishes and for our hobby.

That said I have to say a big Congrats to Angus and ZFac because the final result seems really good.

I have not made an exhaustive review, because I have not yet got a sample to do it. But as far as I can see from the pics on Puretime catalogue, Angus and ZFac have got a high quality rep.
I must admit that I didn’t expect a replica with such a quality.

Following pics from Puretime and last pics of dials received, it seems that alignments of dial inscriptions have been fixed. I have made Photoshop overlapping of rep and gen dial and the current rep Layout of Puretime pics is almost perfect in all aspects.

Hands, CP, markers and colours on dial seem accurate and well finished. Just the stick main markers seem to have a little thicker chromed contour (few noticeable)
Inscriptions are very accurate in fonts thickness and position. Only we would need to confirm with the real watch the colour of lume and inscriptions. On the pics they seems OK.
Date window is perfectly placed, the same as gen. Date fonts seem accurate too.
Ceramic finish or bezel seems on the pics very gen-like and even the white stick
markers of the bezel from 12 to 3 seem accurate enough. Round metallic markers in the bezel seem also good. Finish of knurled polished contour is not as nice as gen but it is as good as we can expect from a rep. The lower shape of the bezel when connects the case are a bit different and less rounded in rep. Overall a nice and well built bezel, good enough to fit the quality of this replica and a very important part of this watch. I honestly expected worse quality than real achieved.

CG shape and finish are accurate and the finish of the inner hollow corners and edges seems like gen. I think that only the support of lever roller seems having a worse finish than gen (that is normal and few noticeable). REG. T.M. engravings are a bit smaller but have thickness and depth very similar to the gen and the position is correct enough. Accurate Lever tip. Good fitting between lever and CG. Very good quality and finish of CG in general. Accurate and nice crown.

Caseback is nicely engraved with sharpness and depth. Accurate inner anti-magnetic cover.

Decorated with false plates movement (KW style). The same as we can see in last PAM 351 from ZFac. This is not very important for this replica since the caseback is solid. But Angus and maker have wanted to add this plus to the rep in order to better satisfy buyers.
Since the plates of decoration have a percentage which get unstuck in some time, we should be carefull with these reps at this regard, because the solid caseback will not allow to see the unstuck plates, and we will realize that this problem has happened when we note the effects in movement running and winding (better said no running and no winding)

The Case seems well built and accurate. I have just realized that the edges and corners of the cushion shape corners are not as well defined and sharp as in gen shape. See Puretime pics and gen pics in post #69 of this thread.
This is normal and to be expected in a replica for a fraction of price of the gen and mainly made of Titanium. Anyway this is normal in all reps of these characteristics.

Crystal and strap are impossible to be evaluated from these pics.

Above mentinoed are observations extracted from pics of Puretime catalogue reps and Internet gen pics. I have seen the gen just one time in Madrid but during more than one hour.
I will need to see in person the replica to confirm the quality, the appearance and real finish, the touch feeling and gen-like appearance, the working of the bezel rotation, the lever working, the crown adjustments….
If everything results the same as observed in pics we will have got a new Super replica.

Thanks again Angus for your job and interest and congrats to ZFac for the new watch.

ALE

nauticatom

Supporter
Certified
23/11/12
ALE - i am all confirmed in for the first wave of pre-order... do you want me to send you the QC Pics / or post them once they arrive? (i know the rule about QC pics, but figured id ask since this is the first wave for this watch)

D

d4m.test

I don't give a heck about the 47mm thingy... My wrist is 6.5'' and I'm getting this no matter wad. lol

Awesome stuff

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
ALE - i am all confirmed in for the first wave of pre-order... do you want me to send you the QC Pics / or post them once they arrive? (i know the rule about QC pics, but figured id ask since this is the first wave for this watch)

Well. good idea . DONE !!!

QC PICS will be allowed in this trhead

ALE

korneevy

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/12/10
I am on the fence with this one... Unorthodox looking PAM for sure, and that's what interested me in the first place but a few reasons stopping me from ordering one just yet...

First off, the size. I've tried the gen a few times, and while it looks great in catalogs, wasn't really impressed with how it wears in real life. I am a big guy and wear PAM127 without major issues, but this one wears bigger and taller.. not sure whether it is optical illusion due to the wide bezel or whatever, but it looked clownish on my wrist so no go #1.

In terms of this particular rep, I think cosmetically it looks good but I bet the movement with stickers will give some people grief, as evidenced by quite a few posts regarding the problems KW movements with fake plates... Not sure why Angus even bothered with it as it is closed CB, but with rep makes you know the drill...take average Asian copy of Valjoux, fix the cosmetics while potentially introducing mechanical issues? Stay away from it as reason #2 for me.

Finally, bezel assembly and crystal, I'd doubt a new factory would be able execute them to same level as Noob, so reason #3, well at least in terms if preorder, I'd wait and see what the folks say once they start receiving them.

And...I forgot one more thing: I never ever pre-order. It is a waster of time (mostly) and often waste of money. If the product is good, they will make more of it, guaranteed. if it sucks, you are in for V2, V3 while holding a junk that you bought un-seen by anyone except the dealer who sort of has vested interest in the whole thing. A loser either way for me, so mark it as #4:)

Zkebam

13/8/12
I am in the fence too and was hesitating to preorder. Your post decide me to wait. So thank you for that!