• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB PAM 372 Launched - [[ QC pics ALLOWED ]]

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
Read the text in Angus' site again...

"This is a sample with missing "L SWISS MADE L" on dial, it will be add on the final production."...:):):):)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Polebear

Known Member
10/1/13

"This is a sample with missing "L SWISS MADE L" on dial, it will be add on the final production."...:):):):)

Hope so!! Can't wait to see the def pics...
Exited!

leandim

Known Member
1/9/11

Yes, I've seen that. Fortunately it will be fixed. Still, a bit of dissappointing. I was expecting a better p3000 movement replication.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Anyone else have this feeling? Whether AP or PAM or Rollie, Noob releases are no longer a big sensation any more.

:bored::bored::bored:

Less and less reason to wait for Noob.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
but... same movement as the H maker version !

H maker decoration was better than PT decoration

Unfortunately this new version has the same bad fitting of decoration bridges than PT versions but has already chromed screws like last batches from PT decorations.
Curiuosly has only two jewels in CAL. P.3000 engraved bridge, because PT version had three.
Anyay. movemnts seems PT version

Inscription LP on dial seems accurate and with well colour
ALE

but... same movement as the H maker version !

dial with no "L SWISS MADE L"
That's dissappointing guys...

MoreCowBell

5/9/13
H maker decoration was better than PT decoration

Unfortunately this new version has the same bad fitting of decoration bridges than PT versions but has already chromed screws like last batches from PT decorations.
Curiuosly has only two jewels in CAL. P.3000 engraved bridge, because PT version had three.
Anyay. movemnts seems PT version

Inscription LP on dial seems accurate and with well colour
ALE

In your opinion, do these improvements/changes affect the 372 grade at all?

In other words, how significant are these changes in your opinion and does this NOOB version become the current best rep (of this model) on the market?

Thanks for your opinion ALE.:cheers:

cubicle_monkey

13/10/12
I personally prefer the existing PT 372, something about the colors that make it flow a lot better. The Noob LP seems to yellowish.

kingkaiser

18/8/08
In your opinion, do these improvements/changes affect the 372 grade at all?

In other words, how significant are these changes in your opinion and does this NOOB version become the current best rep (of this model) on the market?

Thanks for your opinion ALE.:cheers:

Would be great to get ALEs take on this. I'm sure noob will price above the other 372 offerings, and would be useful to know whether we'd just be paying for the noob name, or you think that the new 372 is better than existing reps.

Thanks

omegagmt

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/10
The pics are on repgeek. Same movement. Thought they would have fixed the plates. I'm happy with my h factory for now.

MoreCowBell

5/9/13
Would be great to get ALEs take on this. I'm sure noob will price above the other 372 offerings, and would be useful to know whether we'd just be paying for the noob name, or you think that the new 372 is better than existing reps.

Thanks

+1

ALE, can you chime in?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi friends
Please let me some days or at least some hours to make some comparisons

At this moment I can see:
-As I expected there are no modifications on movement. It seems a decoration based in PT previous decoration bridges with the screws already chromed. The only change is that CAL. P.3000 bridge has two jewels instead of three like PT version

- Better engraving LP on dial. Fonts are almost perfect, thick like gen, I cannot see the depth but seems better than previous versions. Just the transition edges of the fonts are not so crisp as gen ones (see below pics angles marked with orange arrow for example). LP inscription is better in general than previous versions.

PAM372-LPinscriptionscompcopiar_zpsbeff9407.jpg

- Lume colour of markers and inscription OK

- Better crystal shape

- Movement the same accuracy of PT previous version, worse fitting of decoration bridges than H maker.

- Case and caseback seem good

- Better hands (with a bit rounded edges) but better width and lume width

- It seems that engravings between lugs are very depth, even more than gen, but more accurate than previous versions

- Strap seems improved

Provisional conclusion:
Overall better version mainly regarding LP inscription accuracy and colour (it is really important on this watch), better engravings between lugs and crystal shape.
Movement is in practice the same as Puretime version and with a bit worse fitting between decoration bridges than H maker.

Provisional classification from better to worse:
- Noob
- Puretime (with corrected chromed CP and movement screws)
- H maker

H maker has just a bit better fitting movement decoration bridges, nothing more

Waiting for more info
ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Regarding increasing of price:
Only justified by LP engraving improvements and crystal shape

Price expected by Angus about 278$ (no definitive price) would be good enough

With such a price and bearing in mind a better strap, Noob will be the clear best option.

ALE

DreambreaX

Renowned Member
26/11/12
Anyone else have this feeling? Whether AP or PAM or Rollie, Noob releases are no longer a big sensation any more.

:bored::bored::bored:

Less and less reason to wait for Noob.

the new ap fc carbon is big sensation. its perfect, even better than pam

Polebear

Known Member
10/1/13
Many thanks ALE!!
Was waiting for Noob version on this one. You've helped a lot (as always). Maybe not your final results, but you made it clear for me...
Thanks again!