• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Transaction problem with a TD, any suggestions?

Glossy8balls

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/3/12
I "bought" of thought I did a blue, two tone sub from a trusted seller on Sat night after ALOT of research.

I put my debit card info in got a confirmation # immediately.

THEN, I woke up to bank of america calling me saying they charged my account once, then immediately again for the same sale.

The watch was $325 which is what the total said it was HOWEVER the two charges were for $327 and change which locked up my account and $650.

Upon researching my email on Sun am, I found this company sent me an email saying they had not been paid and that the charge MAY be different because of foreign exchange rate??

Im thinking I am not going to continue with this seller for a couple of reasons, #1 they charged my account twice, #2 because now over $600 is tied up for who knows how long (what if I were relying on this extra $300 being in my account)
#3 they should have told me upFRONT that the charge MAY be a few dollars more NOT wait for me to purchase then tell me.

What are your thoughts????

Is this normal? Should I just do western union? Should I find another seller? ( this seller is a approved seller on here as well as highly rated)

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Not normal for sure. Have you contacted a RWI mod or admin about it?

Duke1973

14/9/11
It looks like a simple mistake on the sellers end. They should reverse the extra charge immediately when you show them they messed up.

The exchange rate is correct, for a few extra dollars, (depending on the current exchange rate) that happens with several of the sellers that want payment in the home currency.

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
Contact a Mod/Admin, they will help you straighten this out ASAP. The dealer should be able to reverse the charge very quickly though.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Contact a Mod/Admin, they will help you straighten this out ASAP. The dealer should be able to reverse the charge very quickly though.

Only after he tries to resolve it himself. This could be just a mistake and might take a few days to correct.

Glossy8balls

Banned
21/3/12
Here's the prob,

I dont think the mods can do anything besides offer advice as I have kept the account frozen so this seller cannot try to redraft.

They have none of my money. They charged my account for $327 then credited it then tried to charge it again which froxe the account.

Im not sure whether to continue on this deal of not. I also dont want to put the sellers name just yet. There is no need for that. just know that they are on the approved list.

I was thinking of doing western union but im afraid to open my account up again that they will try to redraft the $327 after I send them western union.

uggggh. such a pain in the..... Wish this were simple.

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
FWIW, even though our dealers are trusted, I would never give any of them my credit card number. I will only buy from rep watch dealers using paypal because that allows me to control the flow of money.

That said, I have heard that you can get one-time credit card numbers from your credit card company that are limited to a certain dollar amount. I've never tried that though.

Also, I don't order reps off of the big web sites anymore. They have tons of watches listed that may no longer be available. The dealers with the extensive web listings tend to offer less personal attention IME. I like the dealers that you email first, who tell you yes they have that in stock, you send payment, get QC pics, and then a shipping confirmation.

Still, I'm sure this is just a clerical mistake.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Here's the prob,

I dont think the mods can do anything besides offer advice as I have kept the account frozen so this seller cannot try to redraft.

They have none of my money. They charged my account for $327 then credited it then tried to charge it again which froxe the account.

Im not sure whether to continue on this deal of not. I also dont want to put the sellers name just yet. There is no need for that. just know that they are on the approved list.

I was thinking of doing western union but im afraid to open my account up again that they will try to redraft the $327 after I send them western union.

uggggh. such a pain in the..... Wish this were simple.

Your account probably needs to be "open" for them to refund.

dingleberry

19/11/09
it is simple.....and if the Mods cannot help, then what the hell are they here for?

Edser

Horology Curious
24/2/09
Here's the prob,

From your second post it sounds like they charged your account but forgot the exchange rate or made a mistake, they then credited your account back and tried to re-charge.
This may have been flagged as suspicious activity by your bank and the account was frozen, so dealer was not paid.

I would:
1. Get in touch with with the dealer first and find out what happened
2. Agree new payment method (continue with bank transfer, WU, PP, etc.)
3. Wait for nice watch?? :)

If they're a trusted dealer I haven't heard of this happening before, but most likely was innocent.

tjdilla

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/12
it is simple.....and if the Mods cannot help, then what the hell are they here for?

dude.... what the hell?!

you think the mods/admins on this forum are here purely to help us when things go wrong?

think again.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
dude.... what the hell?!

you think the mods/admins on this forum are here purely to help us when things go wrong?

think again.

No, dingleberry is right. It is simple and if needed I can step in. I doubt I will need to though ;)

Mendel272

8/12/11
I've paid with my credit card many times and been fine. Definitely talk to the td first, and give them a day or two to respond. +\- a few dollars is normal, but double charge is not... I'll be curious to see what they say.

Did you by any chance try to refresh or hit back while they were processing your info? Our td's cc processors aren't the most sophisticated, I'm sure. I know watch eden just takes you to a blank page after you pay. I've always been very careful not to touch anything after hitting pay, so that just this type of mistake can be avoided.

dingleberry

19/11/09
dude.... what the hell?!

think again.

confused you are......no clue you have.......:yoda:

No, they are not here PURELY for this reason, but it is ONE of many reasons they are here......

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06

WTF do you want them to do??

Is this the mods fault?? NO so STFU.

Glossy, never heard of this happening before, not saying it hasn't but do not hold back the dealers name, there no need to hide that and that is the very reason were all here, to help each other. The good news is your not out any funds and you can buy another watch anytime and next time never use your debit card. I would move on to another dealer now and its probably best to wait until things settle down there.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
We are also here to do this......
chewie.gif

Search the threads he started and you will see who the TD was.

dingleberry has said nothing wrong here. You guys are not understanding what he meant.

dingleberry

19/11/09
WTF do you want them to do??

Is this the mods fault?? NO so STFU.

I have yet to see a member issue with a dealer that is the mods fault......but yet, they are here to help.

STFU?.......:lol:

thanks Q5.....maybe the nuthouse is a little more understanding....who would have thunk it :rofl:

Glossy8balls

Banned
21/3/12
Your account probably needs to be "open" for them to refund.

the thing is, they dont owe me anything. Im leaving my account frozen because I wasnt sure of the deal.

I agree with what another was saying above about emailing us pics, etc before making the purchase. This was a big site that had MANY choices but I found the watch I was looking for.

Im just wondering if I should even let this go through now or have the bank reissue a card.

I wonder if I should just have them reissue a card and shop somewhere else??

Or- reissue the card and send them a money order??

Hmmm....what to do?:frusty: