• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Transaction problem with a TD, any suggestions?

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
..and peeps still wonder why on this grand earth do I use WU?? No CC processers needed.

#1 Find Watch

#2 Trust Dealer

#3 Send Dealer cash on Barrelhead

#4 Dealer get American cash

#5 Cy get chinese watch.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
..and peeps still wonder why on this grand earth do I use WU?? No CC processers needed.

#1 Find Watch

#2 Trust Dealer

#5 Cy get chinese watch.

I use carrier pigeon. Way safer.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I use carrier pigeon. Way safer.

Good option there Wiz...and reminds me of a wise chinese saying, ""panties not best thing on earth, but next to it"
levitation.gif

Mendel272

8/12/11
My dealings with watcheden have been flawless. They have gotten me my watches faster than any other tds

DeeKa

Known Member
26/2/12
Sure something bad happened, even if the charge went throught the second time, the extra $327 would still be on hold. That's not peanuts.....

Also, they never advised that there would be "foreign trade" changes as I would expect them to be upfront with that. It was alarming to me and for me to have to justify that to my wife as well since I didnt know what to say. It made me feel as if I were trying to justify why $660 was out of our account to my wife and now frozen with no answers after telling her how cool this site was and that I wouldnt get ripped off again and then.......Boom, this crap. Not cool.

Ahm, if someone charges 330 from my card it goes from my account to his account.
If he does a chargeback, the funds go back from his account to my account.
If he then TRIES to charge again 330 but the bank blocks it, finally no money is off my account and if I need money I have all available which has been prior.

If your card works different, it's not a problem of the seller, it's your cards problem!

I even had transactions with 5 repetitions until the seller finally got all details entered correctly, I imagine you wouldn't be able to pay your electricity afterwards :lol1:

Dee

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
My dealings with watcheden have been flawless. They have gotten me my watches faster than any other tds
You must be paying them extra. They've consistently been the slowest for me.

#1 Find Watch

#2 Trust Dealer

#5 Cy get chinese watch.

WTF is Barrelhead?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Many banks will place a hold on funds pending a charge or refund. For instance, when you slide your card at the gas pump it places a temporary hold of either $75 or $100 on your account until the actual charge from the gas station is confirmed. So yes, a $20 gas purchase can tie up $100 from your available funds for sometimes a few days.
Also, refunds do not go through instantly. It can often take 7-10 days for the refunded amount to show back up as available funds in your account. This has nothing to do with the business, and everything to do with the banks.
So it is completely plausible that while no money actually went to WE, it was removed from AVAILABLE funds until all transactions are confirmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
Yep, never heard of it until I looked it up. Wanted to make sure what I found was correct.

DeeKa

Known Member
26/2/12
Many banks will place a hold on funds pending a charge or refund. For instance, when you slide your card at the gas pump it places a temporary hold of either $75 or $100 on your account until the actual charge from the gas station is confirmed. So yes, a $20 gas purchase can tie up $100 from your available funds for sometimes a few days.
Also, refunds do not go through instantly. It can often take 7-10 days for the refunded amount to show back up as available funds in your account. This has nothing to do with the business, and everything to do with the banks.
So it is completely plausible that while no money actually went to WE, it was removed from AVAILABLE funds until all transactions are confirmed.

But that's an issue of the card - mine doesn't have it like you described, I see the cancellations the same day as the original transaction and both equal out for my card limit...

Also my debit card account only gets blocked for the exact amount which will be booked a day or two after the purchase...

Dee

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Moral of the story, don't buy a replica on a debit card (or any card for that matter) if getting double charged will nearly zero out the account.

And I agree that the thread title is misleading, since even if $660 in the OP's account is frozen, none of that money is in the dealer's account, so it's no surprise that no watch is forthcoming.

Duke1973

14/9/11
Dingle, what you doing over here in the Badlands my friend? By the way, Dingle IS a mod on another rep forum...

Glossy8balls

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/3/12

Did you use a cc or wu?

Moral of the story, don't buy a replica on a debit card (or any card for that matter) if getting double charged will nearly zero out the account.

And I agree that the thread title is misleading, since even if $660 in the OP's account is frozen, none of that money is in the dealer's account, so it's no surprise that no watch is forthcoming.

For the record, I didn't freeze the account. My bank did which I would expect them to if a company from out of the country charged, credited, and charged again. I had to call my bank to get it straight.

Since you seem to be the one who runs this site and says they are ok, I will be sending wu to them once they reply with a proper email on this issue because I really do want this watch and it's exactly what I'm looking for. I just wanted a simple transaction, maybe a little frustrated becaus ei was looking so forward to getting this watch after a lot of research and advice from everyone here.

Do you think that they will try to debit my card again since it's been two days and they haven't had success? I don't want to wu money and then have them charge my card again. Then it would be even a bigger mess. What's your advice here?

Ps thank you for changing the title. Boy, did that cause some :stir:

I just wanted and still want a watch with no headache and worries. I may still go through with it with this seller so long as they get back to me in a timely manner via email. Im just concerned with what transpired. I feel like everyone is getting the wrong idea. He'll, if I could change the title of this I would just so people stop sweating the small stuff. If I thought this would get this much attention I may have contacted my attorney to be sure the title was proper prior to posting for help.I must say that it was most def helpful and my thought is this seller is ok. It's just a pain in the ass, primarily because I'm trying to explain this to my wife and then get shit because it tied up so much money and has my wife freaking out because it's for a rep watch online, charge doesn't match, etc. Sorry to cause such an uproar.:frusty:

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Glossyballs, put up a pic of the gold rep you have before we flame your ass. Ok??

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
FWIW, even though our dealers are trusted, I would never give any of them my credit card number.

The dealer never gets your CC number. I'm amazed by how many folk look to have no idea how an online CC transaction works. The CC details go no further than a CC processor and the only thing there that sees them is a computer. The dealer sees nothing.

dude.... what the hell?!

you think the mods/admins on this forum are here purely to help us when things go wrong?

think again.

Um, chou, that IS why we are here mate. That is why RWI is here, to help.
You have been here all of a cpl of months, obviously not long enough to know what we are about. Ding on the other hand is not just an old hand, he's a moderator next door at RWG and has been for a lot longer than you have been around.

This may not even be down to WE and if it is I'm still not sure explicitly where the problem is. The charge was made, credited back and taken out again. That happens all the time as Dee has pointed out. The only person who has frozen your account is you and at no time did WE have any more than 325 dollars of your money. There was no need to panic and freeze the account.
Having said that using a debit card is a really bad idea, a credit card is the way to go as they have much more protection.

Rest assured, WE will not take your funds, they have been a dealer here for many years and I'm sure they wish to remain so. Why would they kill the goose that lays the golden egg?

Thread title changed to better reflect the issue here.