• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

bought something thats not working

Pratt

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/4/13
bought an AP from a fellow member with 7750 movement. Everything is ok except that the watch stops after wearing for 2mins. Tried winding it but it stops after awhile. Is this common ?

MrSteed

Known Member
10/3/12
Not common at all. If it arrived DOA I'd push for a refund and eat the shipping back to seller. Too many sellers pass off defective watches without disclosing the problems... Two of the last three watches I purchased were missing screws (the sellers new but didn't disclose). The other watch I purchased has a few issues but not so much the sellers fault - the modder clearly didn't do what he said he did regarding water resistance, and some of the modder's work was a tad shoddy. Also, a bracelet I just purchased was missing many spare links after I had even asked the seller if it came with all the links.

I see you're new. Don't accept any BS from the seller. If he doesn't make good leave him bad feedback to warn others.

Good luck!!!

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Not common at all. If it arrived DOA I'd push for a refund and eat the shipping back to seller. Too many sellers pass off defective watches without disclosing the problems... Two of the last three watches I purchased were missing screws (the sellers new but didn't disclose). The other watch I purchased has a few issues but not so much the sellers fault - the modder clearly didn't do what he said he did regarding water resistance, and some of the modder's work was a tad shoddy. Also, a bracelet I just purchased was missing many spare links after I had even asked the seller if it came with all the links.

I see you're new. Don't accept any BS from the seller. If he doesn't make good leave him bad feedback to warn others.

Good luck!!!

I disagree with you 100%

MrSteed

Known Member
10/3/12
Op, did you buy from Sagara007? I just looked at his old posts there's one about a secs at 12 that keeps stopping... Coincidence?

Pratt

24/4/13
i bought from someone here but dun wished to put his name down ... just hope after my watch maker sees it , it doesnt cost much to service it. Watch is moving though ... but not constantly. did gave him a good rating.. but never get back a similiar treatment ...

fingers crossed if nothing works out i will split up the whole watch and sell the watch individually. Who wants anything, just let me know .. :)

bchandler

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/12
Might just be a piece of crud in the movement. Remember these are built in someone's apartment probably or a sweat shop, not a swiss factory. I don't think the seller will stare at the watch running for a long time to find out it stopped after 2 min, so it's probably an honest mistake. Ask them and see what they will do.

fortis Persicum

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
Op it would have been a better idea to contact the seller first then if nothing came to fruition out of that, had a local watchsmith give you an opinion, if nothing still then to contact a mod here, prior to having posted this thread.

I do hope things work out for you

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
i bought from someone here but dun wished to put his name down ... just hope after my watch maker sees it , it doesnt cost much to service it. Watch is moving though ... but not constantly. did gave him a good rating.. but never get back a similiar treatment ...

fingers crossed if nothing works out i will split up the whole watch and sell the watch individually. Who wants anything, just let me know .. :)
You should try sorting it out with your seller. I don't think dissecting the watch and selling all the pieces would do you any good. One more thing you could try doing is pull the crown out and keep winding it clockwise about 20 times then set the correct time, push the crown back in properly and see if there's a difference.

Pratt

24/4/13
You should try sorting it out with your seller. I don't think dissecting the watch and selling all the pieces would do you any good. One more thing you could try doing is pull the crown out and keep winding it clockwise about 20 times then set the correct time, push the crown back in properly and see if there's a difference.

Yup have tried that as well. It just stop after wearing for a while. But if the chrono is running , the watch will run longer ... Abt 15mins.. Then the watch will stop again.

Anyway, the seller didn't really bothered abt me, so I guess I just have to send it to my watchmaker. If its really hefty to repair or service, isn't it wiser to sell it in parts? Unless someone in here would take this at usd$500 for wat I have paid.. :( I dun think anyone would do that right?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Look at his post. He's making wild assumptions about what sellers did and didn't know. There are civilized ways of dealing with issues. Do we even know how long the OP had the watch before this came up ? Lots of questions that need to be answered , before making a ridiculous post like the one Mr Negative 1 rep points posted.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Isn't the "seconds at 12" module the other paper weight than the Daytona seconds at 6?

If it was sold on 5/22 he probably didn't have it for more than a week. Given a few days to find out it was crap and a few days to try and work out the problem, I'd say Pratt has certainly not delayed.

MrSteed

Known Member
10/3/12
Look at his post. He's making wild assumptions about what sellers did and didn't know. There are civilized ways of dealing with issues. Do we even know how long the OP had the watch before this came up ? Lots of questions that need to be answered , before making a ridiculous post like the one Mr Negative 1 rep points posted.

Wild assumptions? Step back and look at the big picture. Obviously purchased from sagara007 who spoke in a prior post of a seconds at 12 movement stopping. I did research before my ridiculous post.

Maybe we should all handle these situations like you handled your 57th Street fiasco with Toro, lol. We all had to hear you cry about that for weeks. I agreed with you on that btw, but you handled that pretty poorly. Anyway, you do seem like a good stand up guy and I do like you anyway, for what it's worth.

I hope everything works out for the OP and hate seeing people get screwed unfairly. Hopefully this thread helps the seller make good with the OP.