• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Deal of the decade?

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
I have zero regrets. I have my aks, which are perfect CQB weapons, have better knockdown power, less finiky about cleaning, and the ammo is MUCH cheaper. For long distances I have my FAL, and a Remington 700 police which will make a cloverleaf on paper at 200y. I like the AR platform, but I like a lot of platforms. That doesn't mean I have to have any of them. If you're looking for a big payday selling your rifles, you shoul hurry and sell them. Prices are dropping fast. I can get AK mags for $18 again, and DSArms is taking back orders for complete ARs for less than $850. Won't be long before the panic buyers catch on.

southernsmoke

Horology Curious
31/5/12
Man I'm jealous. You got yourself a sweet deal. I had a PTR-91 which is a nice H&K-91 clone. I regret selling that rifle so much. I would definitely buy an FAL if I ever had a chance to get it at pre-panic prices

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
I wish one you fellows would put an rwi tutorial on putting one of those inexpensive builds together

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
I just picked up another for $600 that came with 60 rounds of SP .308, and 4 metric mags. It's actually marked Imbel on the receiver (the one I bought for $300 is an Imbel receiver, just not marked).

Revhrd, building a cheap AR is not hard when the market isn't nuts like it is now. Order a Del-Ton lower from Bud's for $100, and a Del-Ton rifle kit from MidWay for $475... BANG, cheap, great quality AR.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Damn MY, deal of the century I'd say, lucky!

revhrd

5/2/11
I just picked up another for $600 that came with 60 rounds of SP .308, and 4 metric mags. It's actually marked Imbel on the receiver (the one I bought for $300 is an Imbel receiver, just not marked).

Revhrd, building a cheap AR is not hard when the market isn't nuts like it is now. Order a Del-Ton lower from Bud's for $100, and a Del-Ton rifle kit from MidWay for $475... BANG, cheap, great quality AR.

Wouldn't happen to have a link or two handy?

slask111

26/7/08
Wow, we Europeans and us folks really think different on this topic. But if it is your hobby I'm all for it. I do respect this subforum rules to be not political. So pls don't post topics that the great us of a is the world's saviour, cause that could start a flame war.

To the OP, enjoy your builds :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
So pls don't post topics that the great us of a is the world's saviour, cause that could start a flame war.

How about everyone keep all conversation that has absolutely nothing to do with my thread out of my thread? The title of this thread in now way implies that America is anyone's savior. You just made this comment a complete page after the last post that could be considered even mildly political.

Rev, here are the links that will get you a cheap AR once the market calms back down.
Lower: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411552628

Rifle kit: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/11...er-parts-kit-m4-collapsible-buttstock-pre-ban

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Note to all- stay on topic, and keep the political trash out of here. If you can't act accordingly and restrain yourselves there will be consequences.

Got it?

IDK

Sent from somewhere other than in front of my computer...

revhrd

5/2/11
Ah, sweet... for the price of a bk dssd I can build one of these... love this forum

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I'm waiting to get some Aussie furniture for it. Australian FALs are pretty sexy. Top it off with a SUIT scope, and I'd take it over ANY AR any day.

Yeah, this piece deserves wood, not that ugly plastic lump on it now. See if you can get an L2A2 barrel for it. This is the heavy barrel used in the selective fire version.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Ah, sweet... for the price of a bk dssd I can build one of these... love this forum

You can substitute a blemished PSA lower and save $60 or so. That's assuming the prices ever go back to normal. lol I just listed all DelTon parts because most people (that have plans to resell, or know nothing about ARs) think that somehow a "frankenAR" is subpar to one with matching roll marks.

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Building AR's is like playing Barbie's for grown men. You can reconfigure a rifle in an hour or so then go play....

TheBattler

26/7/10
How about everyone keep all conversation that has absolutely nothing to do with my thread out of my thread? The title of this thread in now way implies that America is anyone's savior. You just made this comment a complete page after the last post that could be considered even mildly political.

+1000

...Some good Straight Talk from MrYesterday..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

TheBattler

26/7/10
As for the deals, nice job, anyone needing some cheap firepower go ahead and pick up a
Mosin-Nagant:

Mosin-Nagant-family-chart-tree.jpg

Historically the best bang for the buck rifle.

Should still be available for under $200 anywhere, ammo is dirt cheap and is bigger than the .308 round.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Yeah, this piece deserves wood, not that ugly plastic lump on it now. See if you can get an L2A2 barrel for it. This is the heavy barrel used in the selective fire version.

I do want a heavy barrel, and a Bipod. FALs just look best with a bipod to go with the carry handle IMHO. I'm on the lookout for a HBar in good shape. :)

Building AR's is like playing Barbie's for grown men. You can reconfigure a rifle in an hour or so then go play....

That's another reason I sold my ARs. I had a dresser FULL of rails, optics, lights, mounts, iron sights, forward grips, and a bunch of other stuff that I put on gunbroker. It totaled almost $3k, JUST in accessories. lol I realized I had a problem.

As for the deals, nice job, anyone needing some cheap firepower go ahead and pick up a
Mosin-Nagant:

Mosins are pretty good guns for the price, and ammo is still relatively cheap.

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
That stuff is like gold.

Some of my peers talk about investing in gold/silver, I tell them I buy brass, copper, and lead.

They look so confused, until I explain....