• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Deal of the decade?

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
That stuff is like gold.

Some of my peers talk about investing in gold/silver, I tell them I buy brass, copper, and lead.

They look so confused, until I explain....

It's true. People would be amazed if they knew how much prices have jumped just in a few years.

I got lucky getting this (the 550 rounds of 7.62x51) for .50 a round. I went in the gun show and the same 200 round battle pack was going for over $200. It's nuts. I have a big ammo can in the safe that's full of assorted ammo. I told my wife when I die, dig all the ammo out and there's a piece of paper at the bottom that says what all of my guns and ammo are currently worth (and the specific models, and calibers so she can look up prices at the time). She said I'm not digging all of that ammo out for a couple hundred dollars. I was like, there's a couple thousand JUST in the ammo can itself, and that's not these crazy panic prices. Needless to say she wasn't happy with me. lol

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Someone needs to trade me something for one of these. I hate having 2 of one of the same make/model rifle in my safe. lol

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Man, it's a good thing I wasn't around when you actually bought these. I can't believe the deal you got!

As for the riffraff posting garbage in your thread, sorry I wasn't around to keep them in line like I should have been. My sabbatical has been too long...

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Man, it's a good thing I wasn't around when you actually bought these. I can't believe the deal you got!

As for the riffraff posting garbage in your thread, sorry I wasn't around to keep them in line like I should have been. My sabbatical has been too long...

No problems, brother. I was wondering why I hadn't seen you around. Hope everything's going well for you.

I sold the one I bought for $300 to a family member for $650 (not THAT close a family member lol)

The other one I got for $600 I'm debating on debanning, just sticking the safe for an "investment", or trying to trade for something closer to what it's ACTUALLY worth. I love the rifle, but MAN it's expensive to feed.

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
No problems, brother. I was wondering why I hadn't seen you around. Hope everything's going well for you.

I sold the one I bought for $300 to a family member for $650 (not THAT close a family member lol)

The other one I got for $600 I'm debating on debanning, just sticking the safe for an "investment", or trying to trade for something closer to what it's ACTUALLY worth. I love the rifle, but MAN it's expensive to feed.

That answered my question, I was about to pm you on it. Glad you found a buyer.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
I actually realized that .308/7.62x51 is too expensive to shoot in a semi-auto. I made a little $$$ selling one and trading the other for a Glock 30 with a half case of 45. I like the FALs, but there was going to be a lot more work and $$$ to get it into the shape I'd want than I can afford with an 8 month old crawling around the house. Oh well. I still have my AKs, and they're cheap(ish) to shoot.