• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Deal of the decade?

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
So, last week I saw a guy locally posting up a few nice NIB rifles for extremely good prices given the current climate (Maadi AKM $600, L1A1 $500, Norinco NHM91 $900). I tried to get the L1A1, and the Maddi, but I just got the Maadi. As we were talking I told him it sucks I missed the L1A1 because I've always wanted an FAL. He said "Well, I have another that I didn't post up for sale, because a mouse peed on it, and it has a little rust on it. I'll check it over, and if it's not in terrible shape I'll sell it to you cheap.". Well, after he sold one for $500, I couldn't imagine what his idea of cheap would be. After I finally got ahold of him again he said "Well, it's just a little surface rust. I'll sell it to you for $300". :cheese:
I met up with him after a week of fearing that he'd see current prices and decide that since I'd gotten the Maadi for $600, I'd gotten enough deals out of him so I needed to pay more for the L1A1. I met him at the gun show yesterday. He popped his trunk and it was FILLED (like at least 30 rifles) with brand new in box rifles from around the last AWB). He showed it to me. I looked at the TINY amount of rust on it, and gladly handed him $300. I looked up prices when I got home and these are going for $1000-$1400 on armslist and GunBroker right now.

I'm a very happy camper.
IMG_3170_zpsf7aee930.jpg

Here's the small amount of rust on it. I'm just going to strip it and repark it.
IMG_3172_zpsf57055cc.jpg

I actually sold all of my ARs on GunBroker ($500 builds that sold for $1400 each) because I got my tax stamp and SBRed my Pap M92 AMK pistol and I LOVE it. But this FAL is now my 2nd favorite rifle.

My SBR AKM
IMG_3104.jpg

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
Why do you need an automatic weapon?

For the same reason you need a damn Porsche 911. Let it go bro!

OP, if you have any other contacts on sales, let me know. That was a damn good deal.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09

You see that "Notice" at the top of the page? Read it.

The RWI Gun Safe Forum Guidelines The purpose of the RWI Gun Safe Forum is to provide a place for firearm owners and shooting enthusiasts to share and discuss one of the human male’s favorite topics…GUNS! We (the RWI Staff) know that firearms can be a very volatile subject, especially with such a large international member base. With that in mind, we want to let everyone know that this forum is NOT for the discussion AGAINST firearms. If you personally are against the private ownership of firearms, we respect your position but would politely encourage you to steer clear of this forum. Political topics are allowed, but ONLY within a very narrow scope. If there is some sort of pending legislation (pro or con) that your fellow enthusiasts should be aware of, that can and should be posted. However, discussions that devolve into attacking a particular political viewpoint or related topic will not be tolerated.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
For the same reason you need a damn Porsche 911. Let it go bro!

OP, if you have any other contacts on sales, let me know. That was a damn good deal.

I have a friend that can help you with anything you need.
At very low cost. Has class three FFL. No problem's

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant

#1 STFU

#2 You should learn the difference between automatic and semi-automatic.

#3 I can have any damn weapon I please, because I'm a full grown man and it's my right.

#4 Refer to #1

jesseharmon81

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/10
#1 STFU

#2 You should learn the difference between automatic and semi-automatic.

#3 I can have any damn weapon I please, because I'm a full grown man and it's my right.

#4 Refer to #1

Amen. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vinguru

Known Member
24/6/12
No need to get mad, it's an honest question.

Perhaps it's a cultural thing. Here in Europe we frown upon guns for personal use.

For me personally, as an European, I just don't get it.....

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
It's a question that's been answered a million times a million different ways. It's not about "need". It's about liberty, protection, and it's none of anyone's business but my own. This is exactly why that notice is at the top of this forum. If you don't like guns, you aren't forced to come in this part of the forum.

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
No need to get mad, it's an honest question.

Perhaps it's a cultural thing. Here in Europe we frown upon guns for personal use.

For me personally, as an European, I just don't get it.....

I understand what your saying about the cultural thing. But some of use look at guns as a beautiful piece of engineering.
Just like the way we all love to look at watches. Me my self
I have been collecting guns since 1995. And have done years in the service. And by no means a bad guy. Because I have guns.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. I wish we could live in a world
Where theres no Evil. But there's Evil every where you just dont know when it's going to strike

Just like a shooting that happen not to long ago. Where a bunch of children loss there lives here in the US. Because of Evil!

When Evil comes for me. He's not going to like me!
What are you going to do if Evil knock's on your door?

Cheers Mate!

dustindu4

18/7/11
I got an MG, I've got reps too. What better way to make videos of both together!

Breitling Super Avenger vs UZI SMG - YouTube

Ask the jews in Poland if they wish the Nazis hadn't taken their guns away. Yes it's a cultural thing. We value freedom and you like being told what to do by your Kings and Queens. Not to mention the dictators in Europe that show up every 30-50 years and kill their own people. Then you have to dial up the United States and come wipe your asses for you like we did in Serbia, England, Italy, France, Germany, Netherlands, etc I could keep going. Firearms keep you from becoming your government's bitch, it's the basis on what we were founded on.

And I'd like to formally request that the EU take Piers Morgan back, the guy is a real wanker

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Ask the jews in Poland if they wish the Nazis hadn't taken their guns away.

indeed. Jews Agianst Gun Control is one of America's largest gun right's groups. People like to dismiss it, but "those who forget the past...".

I'd also add, just ask the indians at wounded knee that were slaughtered (even the unarmed ones), just because the government wanted to make them "safer" by disarming them.

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
How is everywhere out of the 2nd most popular caliber?

Everywhere is out of everything lol Guns n Ammo just posted a report from the black gun manufactures and ammo manufactures . Looking at 9months to meet demand. Good thing I've got enough ;)

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
How many rounds you want?

I got 3 mags with this thing, and I've just been looking for 60 rounds to fill them Maybe 20 spare to run through it. I finally ran down some sh*tty reloads for sale at cabela's website for $17 a box.:facepalm: So I picked up a few there. Hopefully they'll get here before the end of the year. I'm not counting on it, the way everyone's backlogged with business though. lol

What really aggravates me is my local Rural King had a few thousand rounds for $7 a box last month, and I thought "I should get a couple boxes, just in case". Now here I am wishing I had. But that's how it always is. Getting this rifle and the Maadi (which a friend just bought from me, since I didn't feel like de-banning it) was the first time in a while I jumped on a good deal, and came out ahead.

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
We are big 308 guy's here in Kentucky! Both me and my friend shoot alot.
Last time I checked with him. He had plenty. Me and him went in on some about 8 months ago. 20 round boxes 170g (sp) PPU Win: We bought 1000 rounds altogether
between me and him. We got a deal at $17.00 a box. (reg$30)The guy was selling out. And wanted to move everything he had. I also bought two can's of 7•62•39 at a great deal. And a crap load of 223.
I can't promise anything. But I'm pretty sure I can score you 4-5 boxes. Give me to the weekend to find out. Where I can catch him at home.
I would say! About what going on with gun law's here in the US.
The demand is only going to be greater.

Cheers

RWI27

Banned
19/12/12
Question for the OP, you dont regret selling your AR's? Ive got 2 complete builds, 1 build in the making (already have the lower and parts kit). I have been contemplating selling them, could get an easy 1500 from each complete build, though with all these bans/restrictions/bills being written and tossed through congress Im worried I might not be able to own another AR. Actually, getting a damn PMAG has been hectic enough!!

So again, any regrets at all?