• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How can they QC when they don't see the watches?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
qc pics are all just a marketing ploy. As you mention, the dealers don't see the watches, it is all drop shipped from the manufacturer and those are manufacturer's stock pics. It's provides a false sense of security for those who feel comforted by the fact that someone took a pic somewhere of some watch that may or may not be the one that they are actually receiving.

^^^ this, is bullshit. Exactly how do you explain the fact that many dealers have the buyers details in the pic? Trevor, Mark, Sead and MReplica (and others) all do.

However, the retarded remark and others are uncalled for. Personal attacks of that nature will not be tolerated here. The guy is wrong, not retarded. Mmmmmkay?

offshore

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
17/3/06
Many years ago, on a rep watch forum now long gone, a VERY smart member said-
"First buy your dealer, THEN buy your watch"
And do you know, If we all followed that principle, there would be NO NEED for this FARCICAL PLOY called QC photos!
Unfortunately we have grasshoppers who need to buy before they have shopped (For their Dealer)
Think about it.
Even if you have a tagged QC photo of a watch, even if those photos show timing tests, and waterproof testing...HOW do you KNOW for sure you are getting the watch in the photo?

And the answer finally is...YOU DON'T!

Buy your dealer, then buy your watch.

Offshore

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
And do you know, If we all followed that principle, there would be NO NEED for this FARCICAL PLOY called QC photos!
Unfortunately we have grasshoppers who need to buy before they have shopped (For their Dealer)
Think about it.
Even if you have a tagged QC photo of a watch, even if those photos show timing tests, and waterproof testing...HOW do you KNOW for sure you are getting the watch in the photo?

Offshore

+1

oh, anyone with a temper and foul mouth like that, will definitely get shitty watches.
Bottom line, be nice.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
care as much for your happiness as sub4me's willingness to sell to a noob.
:maty:
LMAO

Think about it.

Offshore

This should be common sense but of course many lack that.

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
Think about it.

Offshore

There are pretty much always tells on these reps, even on the most perfect ones there is the position or dent in a screw, date wheel a little to the right, little pimple on a rubber part etc. I know I always got the watch in the QC with all the dealers I've used.

offshore

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
17/3/06
I never knew, because I have never had a QC picture.
I do know however that I continue to deal with someone who makes sure I am happy with what they have supplied me, and I find someone who performs better if I am let down.
Works wonderfully well.
And I still think you are a legend, if you can pick a watch in a photo as your watch.
There must be a well paying job for a smart young lad with that much talent.

Offshore

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
I never knew, because I have never had a QC picture.
I do know however that I continue to deal with someone who makes sure I am happy with what they have supplied me, and I find someone who performs better if I am let down.
Works wonderfully well.
And I still think you are a legend, if you can pick a watch in a photo as your watch.
There must be a well paying job for a smart young lad with that much talent.

Offshore

My only humble question would be then the name of your dealer :whistle:

With Sead and Toro I usually don't ask for QC pics and works pretty well. Sometimes they send pics without ever asing them.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I think it was Mary who started all the QC pic stuff, many moons ago, long before any other dealer did it. It wasn't even QC as such, it was just a few photos of the actual watch that you'd get just to clarify that it was the correct one. It more or less went on from there and expanded but she was doing it years before anyone else.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
This is why I buy alot from silix. He always QC pics my rep's. And if I want more pic's. No problem! The rep's this man is talking about may have not have been sent from TD him self. He may had sent somebody else to ship it. Or sent the rep to another location to ship out. I say TD handled the rep before it was sent. For QC purpose. But I think they hire diferent people to help ship them. To keep heat down!! If you know what I mean cuz!

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
This thread right here trailboss. This is what I'm talking about here testy!

revhrd

5/2/11
Varying opinions on all topics are what make a friendly exchange of thoughts fun, not all us are capable of using logic and be civil. The point is that someone is seriously disgruntled at tds and while that's understandable the civli and cordialness with other members must be kept intact.

But if needed here you go :snort:

:popcorn:

:maty:

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
This thread is awesome! I really have no valuable input here, it's already been said.

foottty

Banned
3/10/12
Perfect solution to this little dilemma. The TD on this site should all agree to take a video of the QC watch, 2 to 4 minutes, addressing you by your name in the vid and put your name on a sticker to stick on the watch. Testing the beats and other attributes etc etc. and then pack it as you will see it once you get it. Problem solved right? I sure hope so, but someone already has it correct, but he is not a "TD" so sad, so I guess I can't buy from him. Or could I? Some input from fellow members would be nice. http://s1256.beta.photobucket.com/user/etatw2011/library/

revhrd

5/2/11
Perfect solution to this little dilemma. The TD on this site should all agree to take a video of the QC watch, 2 to 4 minutes, addressing you by your name in the vid and put your name on a sticker to stick on the watch. Testing the beats and other attributes etc etc. and then pack it as you will see it once you get it. Problem solved right? I sure hope so, but someone already has it correct, but he is not a "TD" so sad, so I guess I can't buy from him. Or could I? Some input from fellow members would be nice. http://s1256.beta.photobucket.com/user/etatw2011/library/

What is the relevancy to the topic at hand? Not much as far as my repped brain can tell...

revhrd

5/2/11
no idea...
index.jpg

So why in the name of all sacred :goat::goat::goat::goat: are you trying to post :stir: links?