• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How can they QC when they don't see the watches?

D

d4m.test

This thread seems slightly dead, but I'll post anyways.

There are instances where a TD has used old photos for qc pics. I've received these pics myself, but didn't know it at the time. Somebody (td? Factory?) spends a large amount of time creating qc pics for all the watches at once before they are even sold. The pics will include a tracking slip in the background that will end up being your tracking number. Anybody could be taking the pic, and they could be drop shipped this way and it's possible the td has never had the watch in hand.

The problem is that this only works well if people order just one watch per order. When it happened to me, I was told to ignore the tracking number in the second watch pictures, and that my tracking number would be the one in the first set.

So yeah, there are "stock" photos being used for qc, but they're still unique to the watch. I'm not sure if I like this process, but I technically don't see anything wrong with it. You're still getting the exact watch pictured.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
The last few QC pics I got from the cartel had my name stickered on the watch. This same sticker was stuck to the watch when I received it. It was 100% the same watch.