• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How can they QC when they don't see the watches?

TseTse

Horology Curious
1/9/12
I am a noob here. Help me understand.

I ordered 2 watches from differend Dealers. Both from Hong Kong. Both TD here.
I received them both. One shipped from Singapore, the other from China.

The one from singapore is ok.
The one from china not so much. 1. wrong model sent. 2. Dead On Arrival.

My question is how can the dealers perform Quality Control when they don't seem to be sending the watches themselves? They are both in HK and the watches shipped from SG and China. From makers? Agents?

How does this all work?

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Lots of delaers don't QC at all. They factory photos the watch or a dealers representative does it.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
qc pics are all just a marketing ploy. As you mention, the dealers don't see the watches, it is all drop shipped from the manufacturer and those are manufacturer's stock pics. It's provides a false sense of security for those who feel comforted by the fact that someone took a pic somewhere of some watch that may or may not be the one that they are actually receiving.

rileywiley

Known Member
9/5/12
I don't know. If it is a ploy then Trevor at least is very good at it. When I got my PO from him he sent me 3 sets of pictures until I found the watch that I wanted and sent me that exact one. I know it was the same one because the pearl was perfect but the seconds hand was faded.

eudora12

26/2/12
qc pics are all just a marketing ploy. As you mention, the dealers don't see the watches, it is all drop shipped from the manufacturer and those are manufacturer's stock pics. It's provides a false sense of security for those who feel comforted by the fact that someone took a pic somewhere of some watch that may or may not be the one that they are actually receiving.

are you retarded? how are they stock photos when Trevor has pictures of your name, mailing address and the actual tracking number?
This goes for Sead as well, when I got my PAM111, the QC pics showed a certain serial number on the case back and its the same one I received.

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
are you retarded? how are they stock photos when Trevor has pictures of your name, mailing address and the actual tracking number?

No, he is not retarded, but talking this way seems to make you look like one...

QC pictures are usually taken by the local 'staff' of our TD-s, who later will ship the watches as well. It works with lots of TD-s well, I myself am buying from Toro and Sead and they do it properly. HQ pics of the actual watch before accepting/shipping it. With them I sometimes do not ask for QC pics, but rather ask them to check the pics for me and get me a proper one. So far they did. Always.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
This goes for Sead as well, when I got my PAM111, the QC pics showed a certain serial number on the case back and its the same one I received.

No need for the insults mate, let's keep it civil.

Cynikal.Mindset

Renowned Member
7/1/11
some dealers personally QC items and others have them "QC'd" by their employees in Guangzhou and then they get shipped out

TseTse

Horology Curious
1/9/12
Please do name the delaers who "personally" QC the watches. Think this will help noobs like me choose between dealers.

If you see Kay

26/1/09
fck u as s hole

yah, go ahead and ban me, mods.

carlton

2/10/11

Relax, forum is a place for discussion and sharing, everyone can voice their point of view.

By saying dealers dropship the watch without any evidence to prove is no good mate. Maybe some dealers do, maybe some dealers sometimes do but without any real evidence to prove, please don't jump to the conclusion. Unless you do have something to prove it.

Cynikal.Mindset

Renowned Member
7/1/11
its almost safe to say the dealers that don't have big elaborate websites do things personally if not by somebody right close to them...if they are located in GZ chances are they get the goods themselves and check them over themselves...anybody else essentially "dropships" stuff their workers check/take pics etc

If you see Kay

26/1/09
Relax, forum is a place for discussion and sharing, everyone can voice their point of view.

By saying dealers dropship the watch without any evidence to prove is no good mate. Maybe some dealers do, maybe some dealers sometimes do but without any real evidence to prove, please don't jump to the conclusion. Unless you do have something to prove it.
yah, I do.

I had qc pics sent to me and I asked for a diff watch. got the exact same qc pic back, even with the exact same spec of dust in the exact same location on the crystal. Call the dealer on it and I got some bs response, saying this is what they get from the factory. they have no involvement in the qc pics, it's a service they ask the factories to provide for the buyer.

Cynikal.Mindset

Renowned Member
7/1/11
that dealer is doing something wrong the mr IF YOU SEE KAY

QC pics are to be of the watch you are to receive...anything else is against TD rules

carlton

2/10/11
yah, I do.

I had qc pics sent to me and I asked for a diff watch. got the exact same qc pic back, even with the exact same spec of dust in the exact same location on the crystal. Call the dealer on it and I got some bs response, saying this is what they get from the factory. they have no involvement in the qc pics, it's a service they ask the factories to provide for the buyer.

You mean that particular dealer tell you straight that those QC pics are taken from Fac and not by them? And the fac will send out the watch to you after you agree on the qc pic?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Guys, keep it civil.

Hont and Trevor have both sent me QC of my watch and tracking form. The pics were not generic factory pics. :nah: