• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

40 Years..Where did they go?

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
564714_380262292046215_835731884_n.jpg

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Nice to see you back in action Zo!

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
The web is swarming with reports..

LED ZEPPELIN's 2007 Reunion Concert Rumored For DVD Release - Sep. 6 ...
BLABBERMOUTH.NET
According to a posting (since removed) on the web site of Belgian classic rock radio station RTBF, LED ZEPPELIN's reunion for the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert at London's O2 Arena in December 2007 will finally be released on DVD and CD in November.
See all stories on this topic »

Led Zeppelin's 2007 Reunion Concert Rumored for 2012 DVD Release
Ultimate Classic Rock
Five years after they reunited at the O2 Arena in London, millions of Led Zeppelin's fans who didn't get to see the historic show may soon be able to enjoy the set (legally) for the first time, as a double DVD, double CD package will reportedly be out ...

Led Zep Reunion DVD Set For November Release?
Ultimate-Guitar.Com
While only 18,000 of 9 million applicants were able to get tickets for the Led Zeppelin reunion at the 02 arena, London, in 2007, a Belgian radio station is suggesting that fans may be able to relive the gig on their home cinema systems. As Led ...

Led Zeppelin Reunion Coming to DVD?
antiMUSIC.com
(hennemusic) Five years after Led Zeppelin reunited for the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert in London, there's a new rumor that the concert is set to be released this fall. Belgian classic rock radio station RTBF reports that Zeppelin's December 2007 ...

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I played the USF Sundome in Tampa, FL with Outrider

bg090988.jpg

Settling into the Outrider tour, and by this, our third date, the band were playing really well together but these early dates were threatended by hurricanes Florence and Gilbert, with imminent arrival predicted. Here at Tampa, with threat of elemental attack, we played with audience slightly down on the expected turn out. I had played the Atlantic 40th only recently and it wasn't quite as I had hoped. And this performance may have affected the attendance of early shows along with the hurricane. It didn't take long for the shows to gain momentum and the venues to start filling, once the word had got out that I was alive and kicking.
tumblr_lr88ffdMhz1qmle2jo2_1280.png

http://jimmypage-onthisday.tumblr.com/#
http://jimmypage-onthisday.tumblr.com/#

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07

Jimmy_29_300x450_1581991a.jpg

Led Zeppelin to fly back into the charts with new DVD

Exclusive
By GORDON SMART, Showbiz Editor

Published: 4 hrs ago

ROCKERS Led Zeppelin are set to top the charts again at Christmas — with their famous 2007 comeback gig.

Jimmy Page, 68, Robert Plant, 64, John Paul Jones, 64, and late drummer John Bonham’s son Jason, 46, reunited at London’s O2 Arena.
And guitar legend Jimmy has been working with engineers to master audio from the show for release on CD/DVD and Blu-ray.
A source told The Sun: “Jimmy has been in the studio making sure everything is perfect.

Led_28_620x413_1581990a.jpg
Led Zeppelin ... Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Bonham and John Paul Jones in 1973

“The band want it to remain true to their exceptionally high standards. It’s coming out on November 22 as part of a simultaneous global release.â€
The Stairway to Heaven band’s album sales are estimated at 300million.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...to-the-charts-with-new-DVD.html#ixzz268HXsgxl

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Seems like there will be a theatrical release as well...Pretty cool.

rol_man

Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
ttt... and to keep it going...

I recorded the main title to Death Wish II

Michael Winner had asked me to write the soundtrack to Death Wish II and on this day in 1981, I recorded the main title music. It was later to manifest as 'Who's To Blame' with my lyrics and Chris Farlowe on vocals, but at this point, it's working title was 'Synth track', which referred to the initial guitar track performed on a guitar synthesiser with further overdubs with guitar synthesiser and melody lines from a Telecaster string bender.
The sound source for this was taken from a white label test pressing that I recently discovered amongst some unrelated acetates. It didn't come out at the time and it didn't appear on the Death Wish II album but it was used on the opening sequence of the film. Michael Winner was to feature music from Death Wish II in the next of the series, Death Wish III.

rol_man

Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
16 September 1970

By 1970, Led Zeppelin had risen in the categories of The Melody Maker Poll. Melody Maker was the most prestigious of the music papers in the UK at the time. The Melody Maker Poll awards ceremony was hosted at the Savoy Hotel in London. Led Zeppelin were awarded number one Group, number one UK Album and number two International Album with Led Zeppelin II, Robert Plant number one Male Singer. In the guitar category, I was number two, with Eric Clapton number one and Jimi Hendrix number three.

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
ttt... and to keep it going...

I recorded the main title to Death Wish II

Michael Winner had asked me to write the soundtrack to Death Wish II and on this day in 1981, I recorded the main title music. It was later to manifest as 'Who's To Blame' with my lyrics and Chris Farlowe on vocals, but at this point, it's working title was 'Synth track', which referred to the initial guitar track performed on a guitar synthesiser with further overdubs with guitar synthesiser and melody lines from a Telecaster string bender.
The sound source for this was taken from a white label test pressing that I recently discovered amongst some unrelated acetates. It didn't come out at the time and it didn't appear on the Death Wish II album but it was used on the opening sequence of the film. Michael Winner was to feature music from Death Wish II in the next of the series, Death Wish III.

16 September 1970

By 1970, Led Zeppelin had risen in the categories of The Melody Maker Poll. Melody Maker was the most prestigious of the music papers in the UK at the time. The Melody Maker Poll awards ceremony was hosted at the Savoy Hotel in London. Led Zeppelin were awarded number one Group, number one UK Album and number two International Album with Led Zeppelin II, Robert Plant number one Male Singer. In the guitar category, I was number two, with Eric Clapton number one and Jimi Hendrix number three.

Thanks for the updates my friend.
respect-051.gif

rol_man

Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Another daily update to keep things rollin'...

17 Sep 1984

I finished recording Long Black Cadillac with The Firm

On this day in 1984, Long Black Cadillac was recorded for The Firm's second album, Mean Business. I wrote this with Paul Rogers.
Chris Slade and Tony Franklin provided great back-up on drums and bass. It was done in one take.

rol_man

Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
One more time... :ZoSo:

On this day… 18 Sep 1984
The Firm recorded the first album at The Sol

The Firm's first album mixes were completed at the Sol Studios, Cookham in Berkshire. Paul and I had written material and then took it further to the studio with The Firm. Today marks the finish of some final mixes for this project that was soon to tour; 'Closer', 'Make Or Break', 'Someone to Love', 'Together', 'Radioactive', 'Money Can't Buy' and 'Satisfaction Guaranteed'.