• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bell & Ross BR01...help me decide.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Hi guys...first post here, but I've been lurking for a while. After a ton of reading here and researching online, I've finally decided to pull the trigger on a few pieces. I'm getting a BR-02 Carbon Pro Dial, a BR-01 in LE orange, and a(nother) Rolex sub. I'm getting them all from TimesShop.net. I'm pretty set to go but I have one question about the BR-01.

TimesShop has a few of them listed; the two I'm interested in are these:

http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=21

and

http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=1192

My confusion lies in the differences between the two. The piece in the second link has a good amount of information listed, and it comes on the nicer authentic-style strap that has met good reviews on these boards, but the pictures (especially the first one) look a bit photoshopped, in addition to the hands being a slightly different orange than the dial. The piece in the first link looks like a better-finished dial and hands, but there is precious little information on it (including the phrase "WHAT YOU SEE AND WHAT YOU GET") which gives me a bit of pause. It has only the one picture of the face of the piece. It also has no details on the movement, and it comes on the cheap leather-ish strap I've found to be used on some of my MM Panerai homage pieces from the factory....a sign of lesser quality? Also the description lists silver stainless, while the piece pictured is clearly PVD.

I know that all these pieces are sourced from essentially the same place, but I'm torn as to which I should buy. Any assistance making this decision is greatly appreciated :thinking:

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
This question should be asked to timeshops. If they don't give you the answer you want ask another dealer. If you want accuracy make sure your 01 has REAL hex screws in the back.

Like this

3a59a05e-dbb6-487c-87b0-2c84ab7324dd.jpg

And not engraved screws like this

2e3d0f59-3777-4a66-b44d-bfbc93624b68.jpg

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
What else should I be looking for in particular, other than the true hex screws on the caseback?

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
At that pricepoint you probably won't be getting a rep you'd be happy with.
Look for one that has the movement model specified.
Here are a couple for example.
Check the other dealers too to see their prices.

Not sure if real hex screws are available again .... none of the dealers had them a little while back.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
At that pricepoint you probably won't be getting a rep you'd be happy with.
Look for one that has the movement model specified.
Here are a couple for example.
Check the other dealers too to see their prices.

Not sure if real hex screws are available again .... none of the dealers had them a little while back.

I do realize that I'm not going to be getting an especially "nice" piece, nor do I expect perfection...it's going to be an everyday watch that will likely spend 2 or 3 days being worn, mostly to work where it won't be in the safest of conditions. Basically a beater, which is why I'm only willing to spend $100 or so. It's either a rep like this, or a sterile-face homage piece from Jackson with a manual 6497 movement. I'd rather have a rep though, mostly for aesthetic reasons.

I've found another on WE, it has the etched case screws as well but it seems to be better looking than the cheaper versions from TimesShop. Same 21J movement, $108 with a $20 coupon and free shipping = 88 shipped:

http://www.watcheden.com/bell-ross-...l-orange-markers-46x46mm-i-44369{0}1-p-1.html

Opinions?