• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver V3 - PRE-ORDER Open (Puretime)!

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
Hey guys :D

Puretime just posted up the V3 Preorder page on Repgeek - thought I would share it here.
What do you guys think about it??? I cant decide which movement is the best option - the Selitia SW240 with 26 jewels, or the ETA 2836 with 25 jewels.
I also cant decide if I want to pre-order this one or wait for a proper release/review :unsure:

Movement options are:
Asian A2836-2 25j, ($350)
ETA 2836-2 25j, ($440)
SW 240 26j, ($430)

http://puretimewatch.com/product/pre-order-royal-oak-offshore-diver-11-v3-noob-best-edition/

AP-2012-03-15-01-01_enl.jpg

AP-2012-03-15-01-06_enl.jpg

Have at it :snort:

Pyer

Renowned Member
9/10/10
440$ ! wow ! I choosed reps because of the price ... now I'll think twice before buying ...

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I was really looking forward to seeing this one finally finished, but not convinced on the lume, certainally doesn't look like the noob factorys standard to date, as for the price, well i've seen op's on the other forums saying stupid comments like i'd pay $500 Bucks ect, personally i'd go for the Asian movement, don't think the swiss option is worth it. Some how I think quite a few will be holding off buying till a proper review is done, and some better real life pic's....

sy0296

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/2/12
i want this but waiting for first hand reviews...seems to be a lot more talk on this watch over at RG

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
the pics are the same as the prototype ones so maybe it's not the right watch

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
440$ ! wow ! I choosed reps because of the price ... now I'll think twice before buying ...
I understand what your saying (that its still a replica), but at $450 it is a steal compared to the GEN.

Only .03% of the price (Gen is $15000 all day long!!!).

But at the end of the day, no one is really forced into buying these watches so complaining is not really productive in any way.

EDIT:

I was really looking forward to seeing this one finally finished, but not convinced on the lume, certainally doesn't look like the noob factorys standard to date, as for the price, well i've seen op's on the other forums saying stupid comments like i'd pay $500 Bucks ect, personally i'd go for the Asian movement, don't think the swiss option is worth it. Some how I think quite a few will be holding off buying till a proper review is done, and some better real life pic's....

Also, I would totally pay $500 for a proper version - on par with other "superlumed" watches. I am still debating this one as I have wanted the ROO Diver for a long time but the lume definitely looks like a child lumed it (looks the exact same as the sample Agnus posted on RG). I realize that the bezel is completely different than any other recent "superlume" job by the H or N factory though - It doesnt really even look like there is a "channel" for the lume (like the sausage dial PAMs).

I paid ~500 for my other ROO which was 100% standard rep in every regard - this one has actual lume, proper date window (AR is debatable but not a huge issue for me), strap is decent (and buckle is usable unlike the shit AP rep deployant). And that came with the infamously shady A7750 Secs@12 movement - this one has a real SW240 as an option...

But at the same time, I am going to wait till reviews come out and then decide. On one side, I am having a really hard time not buying an IWC Top Gun + custom carbon fiber strap and on the other I am not completely sold on the looks of the Diver (Or AP in general, with exception to the chronopassion which I will scratch to hell the first time I touch it).

Pyer

Renowned Member
9/10/10
I understand what your saying (that its still a replica), but at $450 it is a steal compared to the GEN.

Only .03% of the price (Gen is $15000 all day long!!!).

But at the end of the day, no one is really forced into buying these watches so complaining is not really productive in any way.

EDIT:

Also, I would totally pay $500 for a proper version - on par with other "superlumed" watches. I am still debating this one as I have wanted the ROO Diver for a long time but the lume definitely looks like a child lumed it (looks the exact same as the sample Agnus posted on RG). I realize that the bezel is completely different than any other recent "superlume" job by the H or N factory though - It doesnt really even look like there is a "channel" for the lume (like the sausage dial PAMs).

Yeah I understand ... But my point here is that in replica world the best quote is " you have what you pay for" . So I'm just asking myself if that watch is worth the 440$ ... just comparing on the other reps over here ?

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
Yeah I understand ... But my point here is that in replica world the best quote is " you have what you pay for" . So I'm just asking myself if that watch is worth the 440$ ... just comparing on the other reps over here ?

Oh yeah, in that regard definitely priced on the high side. I almost could buy 2 of the latest PAM's for the price of one of these!

But with someone comparing the Rep to the Gen, keep the fact that the rep is only .03% (literally three hundredths of a percent) of the original cost in mind.

Pyer

Renowned Member
9/10/10
Oh yeah, in that regard definitely priced on the high side. I almost could buy 2 of the latest PAM's for the price of one of these!

But with someone comparing the Rep to the Gen, keep the fact that the rep is only .03% (literally three hundredths of a percent) of the original cost in mind.

This is just my point of view , but , when it comes to reps i don't look at the gen price ... I won't pay for a 300$ rep made in aluminum because the gen is 1 500 000 even considering the watch is0.002% of the price . I think that in the rep world the price should reflect the build quality the movement quality and service , the materials ... But not the price of the gen . I'm just hoping that the price of that watch is justifying the bucks :)

Londongeorge87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/1/09
Very blue cyclops... Bit of a giveaway. Will wait to see what reviews look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerezblack

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/11
Very blue cyclops... Bit of a giveaway. Will wait to see what reviews look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the updated remarks, the blue cyclops will be clear. It will be a very good rep from all the info on the thread.

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
wow, im surprised that the diver v3 has gone into the AP ROOs price bracket even if without the complicated movts. lets just hope the watch is as close as gen enough without any mods. the cost of a fully modded diver v2's value would cost alot more.

Blackberry

Horology Curious
14/9/11
Questions on the movements.
Which one is the better?
Swiss ETA or Swiss Selita? ETA is $10 more, what makes it more pricey?

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
the price of a rep does rely on the gen. Obviously if its a 20k dollar watch and they need to rent, buy or what ever they do it going to be more expensive than renting buying or whatever for a 10k dollar watch. So if you are going by that thinking, the 400 AP Diver would be more like a 2836 rolex DSSD, which isnt perfect but its still a nice watch.

I have been waiting for this watch to come out, because I want an AP RO without the chronograph that is pretty close to the gen with a high beat movement. And I have passed up some pretty nice and upgraded V2's on the Sales thread so hopefully there is a reason to that lol. Hopefully since these are the exact same pics as the preorder there is a difference in the lume at least :)