• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SA3135 stems still breaking?

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Mine broke off inside the movement. The keyless works are going to have to be worked on to fix everything now even after I get a new stem. No alignment issue, just poor quality. You can read this post and see how many times this has happened. I'd wait if I were you. Plus getting help from these guys is like pulling teeth!

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Now steady on Sub, the guy was runner up in the DotY poll after all.
You are entitled to you opinion but if you are going to make claims like that you need to back 'em up. Where are all these bait and switch attempts for starters? How about the lies? You even got the right dealer?

PT sell 1000s of watches a month here but we deal with less than one complaint a month from them. The last was in November. The right to an opinion does not give you the right to slander people, dealers included.

The problem with supplying these stems lies not with Angus, it lies with the factory. If they won't supply them there is not much he nor any other dealer can do about it.

eVojlib: The issue looks to be a stem that is not up to the job. One watchmaker who has seen one says the stem looks to be an undersized quartz type stem that is just too thin to do the job in a mechanical watch.

I disagree. I have to show pictures and an invoice # to these guys to get help with a broken stem. You telling me that's factory trouble? Thats just plain BS customer service. They are advertised as taking gen parts, and multiple occasions it's came up where it's been proven they don't. I took the time and effort to get one of these torn down and looked at and posted here on the forum about it. Not like I didn't give it a fair shake. This is a Puretime issue, beyond that the supply of the stems from the factory is a problem as well.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Guys, the dealers go on what the factory tells 'em. Same as any other retailer of goods.
If the factory can or will not supply the goods what are they to do?

Has it occurred to you that the factory may be asking for exact details of the purchase?
How is PT to know the watch was bought from them in the first place? Do you expect Walmart to fix something bought at Kmart?

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
When it comes to sourcing parts, what difference does it make what dealer you get the parts from? I just want a stem, not a new watch. All the stems have to come from the factory the SA3135 is made, so what difference does it make where the watch was bought originally?

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
Whatever dealer I have purchased from, and I have purchased from quite a few, in the event of a defective part that needs replacing, every dealer has asked for a picture of the problem, and either an invoice number or PayPal transaction ID......

Why you would think you don't need to provide these baffles me? It's easy to take a picture, and the original seller must have the invoice number? ;)

Show me a highstreet shop or retailer that will except returns/repairs/replacements from anybody, regardless of proving a fault or without having a receipt/proof of purchase? It won't happen, so why should it when buying counterfeit watches from China? :p

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Doesn't Angus usually ask for the watch to be sent back so the factory can fix it? They don't need to be submissive to any demands for parts, they could just tell us to piss off. This isn't walmart is it? ;) I know Rolex won't send you a stem either.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
I have never had an issue like this before. But when I've wanted to buy a few spare dials from another dealer, do you think they asked me for an invoice? Nope. Just sold them to me. All I want is the part. Why should where I bought the watch make any diffence? Any watch could need a part because of a defect. So if your not the original purchaser, you can't get one? Actually, they've discovered my secret plan to make MILLIONS of dollars hoarding and reselling stems!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I have never had an issue like this before. But when I've wanted to buy a few spare dials from another dealer, do you think they asked me for an invoice? Nope. Just sold them to me. All I want is the part. Why should where I bought the watch make any diffence? Any watch could need a part because of a defect. So if your not the original purchaser, you can't get one? Actually, they've discovered my secret plan to make MILLIONS of dollars hoarding and reselling stems!

I think I see your frustration climbing and I don't think your argument is with us. It is what it is. Every dealer I have ever dealt with has required a prior purchase of the watch vs the part that is needed. Sure there were a few exceptions but a stem is a bit different in this case due to the low volume of the movement made. I just expect the dealer to ask me to send back the whole watch or the stem if available. Some factory's just don't send parts. It sucks, I feel your pain, but you got to work through it.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Frustration with the dealers yes. But not sure how anyone can defend the policies they have in any way. I've bought plenty of watches from Puretime, and this isn't what I expected from them. I'm done with the chinese dealers. One thing is for sure, this really makes me appreciate BK! California beats china every time.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Now steady on Sub, the guy was runner up in the DotY poll after all.
You are entitled to you opinion but if you are going to make claims like that you need to back 'em up. Where are all these bait and switch attempts for starters? How about the lies? You even got the right dealer?

The right to an opinion does not give you the right to slander people, dealers included.

The problem with supplying these stems lies not with Angus, it lies with the factory. If they won't supply them there is not much he nor any other dealer can do about it.

Fair questions

First the guy was a do it yourself guy, but this makes no diffrence, because the seller (PureTime) sold it as a made from gen 1:1 takes gens parts (movement, stem, dial and hands) this was the main selling point at a hughly inflated price (the buyer changed the dial and stem and it broke, not buyers fault). Those statements have proven to be false also their was known problem before these were released (PT claimed himeself that he was aware of the problem and informed us pubically it was fixed which caused a lag in the delivery and availablilty of the watch), again proven to be false as many members have had stem problems with this movement. Next we had pics (enlarged pics) showing the thiness and weakness of theses stems (definatly not a 1:1 made quality), also the stem position is wrong (compared to a gen 3135, and the movement will Not take a gen stem and crown (more lies) as promised by PT and promoted on his site (the main selling point on this watch.

Not slander at all, all the proof is in the pudding. Look at PT reviews for this watch and others he has pulled the bait and switch on members, only to claim its was the factory that made the mistake, opps the send wrong movement and send back watch and we will replace. Or even sent members QC pics of a F'ed up watch, membere realizes this and informs then and only then do they ok we'll get the right one, so sorry again for mistake.

Finally, why does a member need to buy another watch (any watch infact) just to get a stem, he obviously has access to the part if he will only supply it if you buy another watch.

Look I recall PT as being a trustworthy dealer, but I no longer regard them that way, something has definatly changed there its not the same PT as it used to be.

Go take a look a Grand Sports review and all the time and trouble he had with PT not to mention the countless other complaints on this and other forums as well.

TB, I'm sorry if you disagree but thats how I feel. Everyone can make up their own mind. I do not post propaganda or try to persuade any member to buy from any certain dealer. I'm calling it like I see it.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Sub you have a vaild point...I have been around long enough to see dealers reach the pennacle for dealerships only in time to fall from grace. Time and time again, just look at PC and TT, they used to be THE go to guys, now not so much. Everyone as an opinion (or 5) about a particular dealer or rep. The feedback may help someone or it may not. I appreciate your imput on the subject though.

As I have documented I have an sa3135 with ZERO I mean ZERO issues. Maybe I got lucky but I never bought it intending to mod the shit out of it..if I did I would hold out for a $1400 wm9 YM. I bought it for the features I saw that the rep had and a sa3135 came up for sale from Warrcraft. I am very happy with mine and looking forward to the movement becomeing a inconic clone in due time.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Sub you have a vaild point...I have been around long enough to see dealers reach the pennacle for dealerships only in time to fall from grace. Time and time again, just look at PC and TT, they used to be THE go to guys, now not so much. Everyone as an opinion (or 5) about a particular dealer or rep. The feedback may help someone or it may not. I appreciate your imput on the subject though.

As I have documented I have an sa3135 with ZERO I mean ZERO issues. Maybe I got lucky but I never bought it intending to mod the shit out of it..if I did I would hold out for a $1400 wm9 YM. I bought it for the features I saw that the rep had and a sa3135 came up for sale from Warrcraft. I am very happy with mine and looking forward to the movement becomeing a inconic clone in due time.

Well thanks for that txrob, I was expecting a not so nice response from you (if any) cause I know how much you like yours and I'm relieved to know you understand my position. I also would have and still would like this movement to be the next greatest. Although I'm no big fan of any of the clone movements I do understand they have a place in reps (mostly to keep costs down). I also was a customer of Trustys for years till the whole cartel thing was exposed (never bought from him again), although to his credit he did treat me well and always took care of any problems and yes there were problems with some of the watches.

I'm really am happy to hear your watch is performing as it should for you, however should you have a problem I'm not sure you even a option for repair and thats a big concern considering the amount asked for these. I also dont like the tactic used to sell these watches because its a lie, the dealer knows about the problems, and made post saying all is fixed, we all know better though.

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
Dilema? nowhere...Get a gen eta from a trusted seller like cousins...

Hope it's that easy for me. I have a different problem, mate. Was on the verge of buying a TW, really very good one from a friend member. All my rolex friends here wear gens and goof around of not having someone buy the same rolex model. Just recently one of them bought a DSSD. Lo and behold, not only did they take it off his wrist but played around with the winding too (Intrusive, yes but a bit the norm: generally Chinese descents ask straight questions i.e. how much you exactly paid, exchange rates, discounts etc).

They would not know much about the watch's rep features as long as it is well built but they would definitely find it weird when I buy a TW and it's winding counter clockwise.

giobo

6/5/10
Hope it's that easy for me. I have a different problem, mate. Was on the verge of buying a TW, really very good one from a friend member. All my rolex friends here wear gens and goof around of not having someone buy the same rolex model. Just recently one of them bought a DSSD. Lo and behold, not only did they take it off his wrist but played around with the winding too (Intrusive, yes but a bit the norm: generally Chinese descents ask straight questions i.e. how much you exactly paid, exchange rates, discounts etc).

They would not know much about the watch's rep features as long as it is well built but they would definitely find it weird when I buy a TW and it's winding counter clockwise.

Take a noob Pam 111 then...

What do you think will happen when your friend brakes the stem of your new watch???
This bothers me though.....
Sorry, but goof around??These guys are ruining Rolex good name...
You ask some Guys:Hey is this the Explorer and he answers,no this is a Rolex...Kiss my ass you stupid...You want everyone to hear what you wear??I know what this is you apple....

One day a guy was asking me very intense if my sub was gen..He was stupid enouph and i didn't want to tell him the truth...He was wearing a lughole gen 16610 with loose sel fit and many scratches..I told him omg how your bracelet is like this??Rolex aren't supposed to be ruined so much mate.....????WTF???I am wearing mine everyday and it is mint..Check it, i told him...
I was ready to call out him only because he acted like an ass...Call out a guy wearing a gen.lol

arcadia

11/8/11
They can goof around because they are sons of businessmen here and entrepreneurs themselves. I will not have a problem with a replacement stem because the only guy who has installed a skyland v2 bezel with a different measurement to my skyland v3 case is the same old guy who retires from rsc after 35 years amassing any stem I recently asked of him.

arcadia

11/8/11
I'm done with the chinese dealers. One thing is for sure, this really makes me appreciate BK! California beats china every time.

This is the second time I read you say this and I find it to be a racist remark. I understand your frustration with Angus but please do not put it in the general context.

Let me remind you that BK and all of us here get 99% of our reps from China and Taiwan. If you do not like the game of generalization, then don't buy China at all.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Hey I am kinda beaten down by Chinese dealers too. Not because they are chinese but because I hate the ordering, waiting and such. I LOVE chinese replicas but I choose to buy from m2m sales because it is less of a beating. Maybe the OP means the same thing as I do....just a thought.

Let's all try to get along and respect each others opinions and viewpoints shall we. It is what makes this board very special for me.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
This is the second time I read you say this and I find it to be a racist remark. I understand your frustration with Angus but please do not put it in the general context.

Let me remind you that BK and all of us here get 99% of our reps from China and Taiwan. If you do not like the game of generalization, then don't buy China at all.

Explain to me where there is any racist sentiment here at all? None that I can detect, expressed or implied.

waterluver

3/7/11

How is that racist in ANY way?