• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SA3135 stems still breaking?

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Mine broke. So we still need to make a purchase through Angus to get replacement stems? In other words, buy something and then he'll sell us the replacement stem? I am going to need more than one for sure. Really irritating to have this kind of problem and no help on the parts......

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
I believe not..Of course you will have to wait due to CNY but he must be helpful..If for every stem we need a new watch we better get the Gen 3135...

tc670207

Known Member
14/11/11
Mine broke on scene when I just about to take one back to my hotel at my seller's place. And I got an red envelop for it. :)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
See if you can get me a stem please mate. If I can get a stem I can match it and supply new ones to all these guys who need them. At present I have no idea what they take.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Will do, Katt's needs one as well. Jeez, anyone not need one? This is ridiculous!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Will do, Katt's needs one as well. Jeez, anyone not need one? This is ridiculous!

Actually I was talking to tc but if anyone can get me one I can find out what the hell it is and secure a supply. there are only so many possibilities.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
I dont need one...my sa3135 works perfect ..I bought it from a memeber and it is about 90days on I guess...

Anyone ever thought about donating a working 3135 to use as a template for parts sourcing....

I mean I could be talked into using my working 3135 as a template if I can get another YM to wear in the interim

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
So I got ahold of the fine folks at Puretime, and as usual they are being difficult. They want a picture of the movements and broken stem. Like I have to prove I need them? What a bunch of bullish*t! Better still they want an order number! I didn't get mine through them but off the sale section of the forum here. Grrrr......

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
So I got ahold of the fine folks at Puretime, and as usual they are being difficult. They want a picture of the movements and broken stem. Like I have to prove I need them? What a bunch of bullish*t! Better still they want an order number! I didn't get mine through them but off the sale section of the forum here. Grrrr......

You know they read the forums and they know exactly who you got it from.

I think every member that was sold this problem movement is entitled to a refund (if thats what the member wants) as the movement was known to be faulty at the time of sale, shame on them. It also appears that PT only handles problems when the problem is posted in the public forum. Seems emails and PM get no response. Lets not forget the watch is being makreted as taking gens parts and we all know it does not.

giobo

6/5/10
Ridiculous cannot describe the situation..Guys the best you can do is not buy the sa..I see problems to raise (broken rotors)..A guy in rg send it back for fix and pt send him again a broken one...

arcadia

11/8/11
Mate, are there any ETA movement that winds clockwise like the gen 3135? I mean when you wind the crown, the hands go the same way? Thanks much.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Hope they do read this. People getting the run around for parts they shouldn't have to be buying is total crap and can't be good for business. Right Angus?

giobo

6/5/10
Dilema? nowhere...Get a gen eta from a trusted seller like cousins...

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Hope they do read this. People getting the run around for parts they shouldn't have to be buying is total crap and can't be good for business. Right Angus?

Kinda right, but we have alot of guys who buy form certain dealers no matter what and they will jump up and down to defend said dealer no matter what, its crazy.

I can remember years ago two dealers TTK (the king of rude dealers) and Luckky (the king of no commuication after buyers send funds), both these dealers were jackasses, both ripped people off before being banned here, and both would consistantly insult thier own buyers. But people would defend these guys like they could do no wrong it made no sense.

PT enjoys a status here (like it or not) because in the past they a had a good rep here but as of late their service, their lies, and their bait switch has gotten out of control.

I wouldn't recommend this dealer to anyone.

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/11
Whats wrong with the stems, are they breaking inside the movement.

Is there an alignment issue with the movement and or case assy.

Please enlighten me so I can decide to hold off on these.

johnzy

Horology Curious
4/1/12
I'v posted on r/g about trouble with this movement, today i sent my sa3135 sub back to pt for the second time first time the rotor was off all together this time its fixed to the movement but as it turns its hitting the case only a matter of time before debris will ruin the movement also on return the hour hand was loose and wrapping it today the pearl has gone i think the QC dept needs a wake up call because these faults are obvious i have had reps for years this watch is by far the dearest and also the worst I bought this watch early dec and have had it twice for a day :(

giobo

6/5/10
Hold off mate...these movements seem to have issues..Also PT makes you a hard time when you want a movement part..Pt makes you order a watch so as to send a new stem..Ridiculous!!!
I hope they change attitude..Also this movement has some other issues out of the box as you will have red in RG..
Major problem is that most of these movements of course, don't accept gen parts like hands as promised...
So stay away until it gets upgraded to an acceptable level...For the same money you can get a good ETA and gen parts for a project since these SA aren't really 450$ quality..

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Now steady on Sub, the guy was runner up in the DotY poll after all.
You are entitled to you opinion but if you are going to make claims like that you need to back 'em up. Where are all these bait and switch attempts for starters? How about the lies? You even got the right dealer?

PT sell 1000s of watches a month here but we deal with less than one complaint a month from them. The last was in November. The right to an opinion does not give you the right to slander people, dealers included.

The problem with supplying these stems lies not with Angus, it lies with the factory. If they won't supply them there is not much he nor any other dealer can do about it.

eVojlib: The issue looks to be a stem that is not up to the job. One watchmaker who has seen one says the stem looks to be an undersized quartz type stem that is just too thin to do the job in a mechanical watch.