• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Getting sick of the QC pics threads flooding the subforums

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
i am FOR the QC pics sub-forum..

i feel tt afew pairs of eyes r better then one..

just my 2 cents..

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
+1

I agree lourentgarnier. Also agree with everyone else. But for me QC pics are important especially in learning, maybe someone can start an official Submariner, PO, DSSD, etc... QC thread... Spot all the problems explain why not to accept or why to accept... That way we can collectively gather intel and learn why reading the thread. So not a specific forum, but a just a specific thread.

+1 for the subforum for QC pics but, hey, really now: can a thread annoy? Isn't it just enough not clicking on it and look somewhere else? For a lot of people, specially noobs, showing their QC it's not only useful to get an opinion, but it's also made to proudly show a new buy. I posted a few days ago QC pics of my new Hublot not asking help (i gave Angus ok before posting), but just to show some pics of my new watch.........and that can be annoying???? Don't want to be polemic, but sounds to me that some forumers are a bit too delicate.....

murklemark

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/10
I agree getting people to look at your QC pics is a big help to noobs who don't know what they are looking for, plus sometimes you can easily miss the blinding obviously n that extra set of eyes can help. On the flipside though, we as a forum can be very anal toward the smallest details which could lead people to reject perfectly good watches.
I think the creation of a QC thread within the sub forum would be useful and keep all the QC in one place as they are getting a tad overwhelming, this would help improve the learning curve and the new information that QC pics can sometimes throw up.

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
I kind of enjoy the QC threads, not because I ever look for flaws in other's watches, but I enjoy looking at watches and pictures of watches!

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
I disagree with posting of QC pictures. Even you are a newbie, go and learn yrself. Its not difficult. Get a gen photo and do the comparison. Learn what to expect. If you are buying less than USD100 watch. Don't be the fussy unless things like bad/out of shape lume or badly glue dial can be spot by yrself.

Whoever post another QC pictures, mod please ban him or suspend his account for 2 weeks as a warning.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
As to the post above
#1 Telling people to compare to gen photos isn't helpful. Even the best versions of a lot of reps have flaws, and if you tell people to expect what they see in a gen photo they're going to turn down every watch they get QC pics of.
#2 I hope you're joking about the last sentence, because it's just an :asshat: remark.
Best thing to do is look at the subforum for the watch you like, look at other members pics, take note of the flaws that that model has and see if you can live with them.
When you get your QC pics DISREGARD the known flaws, and focus on the flaws that AREN'T normal.

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
Whoever post another QC pictures, mod please ban him or suspend his account for 2 weeks as a warning.

Um, yeah......no. :nah:

Thanks for the directive there, but we'll pass on that.

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
As to the post above
#1 Telling people to compare to gen photos isn't helpful. Even the best versions of a lot of reps have flaws, and if you tell people to expect what they see in a gen photo they're going to turn down every watch they get QC pics of.

Even what you say might be correct. But all trusted dealer will post gen photo of their rep in their website. So anything not tally. You have a reason to raise it.

I know Timeshop has indicated they cannot gurantee ceramic sub pear to be center. Its good they raise up this problem. If you click the buy button, the buyer suppose to have know the problem and can't complain much.

Its all do with people laziness. Checking the trusted dealer website pictures and yr QC pictures is not that difficult,right?

Somemore,many are from Lay's QC. I dare to say Lay is one of the very good dealer. His QC is perhaps the best. I got 2 watches from him. Everything works like charm. From bracelet lock to the function of the watch. I bought some watches from other trusted dealer. Lay so far is the best of all.

WatchnScotch

Certified
10/12/10
I think the solution is a sub-forum for it. It solves Q's issues of informative post being pushed on to the second page and such.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
But all trusted dealer will post gen photo of their rep in their website.

It may be lost in translation, but are you saying that our dealers post GEN pics on their sites to sell REP watches?
If so, you couldn't be more wrong.

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
It may be lost in translation, but are you saying that our dealers post GEN pics on their sites to sell REP watches?
If so, you couldn't be more wrong.

'Gen photo of their rep' or shall I say actual photo of their rep. I hope you get what I mean....

If they post gen watch photo to represent their rep. I think they will not be under trusted dealer any more in RWI :facepalm:

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
Best thing to do is look at the subforum for the watch you like, look at other members pics, take note of the flaws that that model has and see if you can live with them.
When you get your QC pics DISREGARD the known flaws, and focus on the flaws that AREN'T normal.

+1000 this by far in my mind is the absolute best thing to do, after all the only way to learn is to try and spot the problems yourself. not by other members telling you what the issues are.

I agree if you spot something that is way outtawhack then posting a pic to ask for advise or comments is probably fine, but to just take up space with something like "look at my new 48$ sub, does the rehaut line up? is the pearl too deep? the bezel looks too matt?"

now thats just a waste of everyones time!!! and it is my belief that if people start rejecting watches due to silly QC problems, then the dealers will probably stop QC pics all together and it'll become as it was many years ago, " you pay for watch, you recieve watch, if watch is defective you send back"

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
it is my belief that if people start rejecting watches due to silly QC problems, then the dealers will probably stop QC pics all together and it'll become as it was many years ago, " you pay for watch, you recieve watch, if watch is defective you send back"

^^^^^ THIS!

I know it's a fine line, but I have no doubt that these dealers will shut it down if they even perceive that they're getting abused.

Or..... Prices for dealers who do QC pics will go up. Way up.

murklemark

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/10
^^^^^ THIS!

I know it's a fine line, but I have no doubt that these dealers will shut it down if they even perceive that they're getting abused.

Or..... Prices for dealers who do QC pics will go up. Way up.

Yes this is my concern also, sometimes people post up a QC pic with the title 'tell me the flaws' or 'rip it to shreds' this isn't the right attitude as it's inciting people to find flaws with good watches.

But some people just post up QC pics in excitement or to show off the watch as they hav no photography equipment. We all love eye candy! We can't begrudge this attitude surely?

davemul

Known Member
31/3/11
Phew. I very nearly posted my QC pics of my pam 186 arktos & 187 submersible chrono... Glad I didnt now! :D

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Mark, I love seeing QC pics when they're in the eyecandy section, like "Check out my new watch!". It's when someone's posting up "Here are my QC pics, give me an excuse to refuse it" that gets to me.

apetrills

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/4/11
i think a sub form would be in order. I think some of us to enjoy critiquing. Its a proven fact that 2 pairs of eyes are better than one. Someone might see something that another person may not. Also nice to see actual QC pictures it make you think about buying the watch more for some reason. (at least for me)

lourentgarnier

Renowned Member
4/4/10
+1

I agree lourentgarnier. Also agree with everyone else. But for me QC pics are important especially in learning, maybe someone can start an official Submariner, PO, DSSD, etc... QC thread... Spot all the problems explain why not to accept or why to accept... That way we can collectively gather intel and learn why reading the thread. So not a specific forum, but a just a specific thread.

of course; just a few days ago i was sharing some QC pics and commented about the timegrapher; well i had to search a bit into the forum to go in depth, found few very interesting threads.......so at the end every thing may worth.

But don't get me wrong, i agree that some threads about QC pics of a $75 quartz watch are a waste of space........but as i said, isn't it enough just not to click?
About dealers, from what i saw till now, seems to me they know to give the correct importance to customer's complaints.