• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 will release Ingenieur!

Pavo

22/3/14
UK
Has anyone compared one of these to the ixdao version? I have the black dial and the blue mother of pearl dial ixdao and love them. Just interested to see how they compare in case finishing and feel.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
You can still buy it from them on ali. They just dont show a photo of the watch on the listing. Send the official store a message.

Thanks. I sort of moved on from the Ingénieur and its homages. Ever since I saw the VC222

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
More than impressed!
KBDnnP.jpeg

KBD6uW.jpeg

KBDrZS.jpeg

KBDtIQ.jpeg

KBDBdL.jpeg

KBDQxR.jpeg

KBDpW8.jpeg

KBDClK.jpeg

KBDPfv.jpeg

ThymePeace

Horology Curious
18/8/23
Thanks. I sort of moved on from the Ingénieur and its homages. Ever since I saw the VC222
Which version are you eyeing? To me the YG is the best looking but not sure if the rep will live up to expectations... Still holding out for xingpatrick's rendition 😮‍💨 I think the Ingenieur dial is different enough to warrant a spot for both in the watch box. Not trying to change your opinion just curious on your thoughts!

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Which version are you eyeing? To me the YG is the best looking but not sure if the rep will live up to expectations... Still holding out for xingpatrick's rendition 😮‍💨 I think the Ingenieur dial is different enough to warrant a spot for both in the watch box. Not trying to change your opinion just curious on your thoughts!
The xing one too if he makes YG

I initially got interested in the Ingénieur as it was an IWC I found interesting vs the pilot models that I find too plain. the dial and the case are fascinating

Then I am looking at wrist shots and I don’t think it will sit well on my 16.5 wrist. not saying I won’t buy it to have a IWC but I am not thirsty anymore

ay42

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/16
Anyone being told my TDs that the “new batch” is no longer available? Or is it just my dealer?

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
More than impressed!

More than impressed!

Thank you, beautiful pictures.

I need to decide if black or Aqua.

The grey dial is my fav but I have the feeling is the least accurate, too glossy compared to gen and that's not surprising, off white/ gray dials are tricky to rep accurately.

I wish the Ti version was on the way but I doubt they will ever release the rep.

Reactions: Jarken

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Crystal is really good, dial is well made and plays with light.
It's like 50 shades of black.

I will order aqua also...was bit unsure about the size but it wears relatively small imo + it's wear thinner than expected.

Anybody pressure tested it already?
I opened it up (caseback came loose) and lubed both gaskets.

Reactions: pippo

Mkempes

and now into vintage
Supporter
Certified
13/12/23
EU
I'm still undecided whether to order the ingenieur or an AP 15450 due to the size.

Does anyone own both watches and can post pictures showing how they wear on the wrist?

Minome

Supporter
Certified
19/3/23
United Kingdom
I'm still undecided whether to order the ingenieur or an AP 15450 due to the size.

Does anyone own both watches and can post pictures showing how they wear on the wrist?
I'm going through the same process mate.
But i did own a AP 15500 blue dial 41mm and it was a bit big for my 16,7cm wrist and to be honest the blue didn't do it for me.
The main issue was more the lug to lug rather than the case diameter itself.
The difference between the 15450 (49,5mm) is not that different from the 15500 (50,5mm).
You can feel it doesn't drape down snuggly in your wrist.

Not only that makes me consider the IWC more, but also the movement on the 15450, cos either you get the clone, or the decorated miyota to get the gen like date change.
With the IWC it's easier to put in a Eta or a Sw.

Reactions: Jarken and Mkempes

pack11

Horology Curious
28/3/24
I am also undecided between the black and the aqua version. I actually like the aqua dial better, because it's really special. I am just not sure about the polished middle links of the bracelet. Do the polished middle links scratch pretty easily?

Mkempes

and now into vintage
Supporter
Certified
13/12/23
EU
I'm going through the same process mate.
But i did own a AP 15500 blue dial 41mm and it was a bit big for my 16,7cm wrist and to be honest the blue didn't do it for me.
The main issue was more the lug to lug rather than the case diameter itself.
The difference between the 15450 (49,5mm) is not that different from the 15500 (50,5mm).
You can feel it doesn't drape down snuggly in your wrist.

Not only that makes me consider the IWC more, but also the movement on the 15450, cos either you get the clone, or the decorated miyota to get the gen like date change.
With the IWC it's easier to put in a Eta or a Sw.
Just googled to find out that the AP 15450 has a lug-to-lug of 46,7mm and the Ingenieur of 45,7mm. So in general both watches should sit well on small wrists.

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
Thank you, beautiful pictures.

I need to decide if black or Aqua.

The grey dial is my fav but I have the feeling is the least accurate, too glossy compared to gen and that's not surprising, off white/ gray dials are tricky to rep accurately.

I wish the Ti version was on the way but I doubt they will ever release the rep.
Just my 2 cents, but these dials are all pretty good and the quality of the overall build is great too. Given this, I’d buy the one you like the most as opposed to the one that is closest to Gen. You’ll be hard pressed to see one of these in the wild anyway so not like anyone will even know what they should look like (even if you do).

I wanted the TI version too and haven’t seen any updates about this being in development ☹️

wentworth

Horology Curious
13/2/22
Hi all, is it confirmed by the TDs that the black dial has been updated? But TD asked V7F but they claim its not updated and don't see a problem wit the dial... but the photos here show an updated dial... I'm confused...

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Hi all, is it confirmed by the TDs that the black dial has been updated? But TD asked V7F but they claim its not updated and don't see a problem wit the dial... but the photos here show an updated dial... I'm confused...
Show them with photos what you mean. I had to do it just like that with my TD...2 days later correct watch qc

Ghost0481

Known Member
11/7/22
Germany
Just my 2 cents, but these dials are all pretty good and the quality of the overall build is great too. Given this, I’d buy the one you like the most as opposed to the one that is closest to Gen. You’ll be hard pressed to see one of these in the wild anyway so not like anyone will even know what they should look like (even if you do).

I wanted the TI version too and haven’t seen any updates about this being in development ☹️
Ti version would be nice with the grey dial 😍
But more important would be a quick adjustment clasp .. then it would be a Perfect watch for me …

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Ti version would be nice with the grey dial 😍
But more important would be a quick adjustment clasp .. then it would be a Perfect watch for me …
Unfortunately IWC does offer now a fuggly Clasp with micro Adjusting, which now ruins the whole Bracelett. It would be ok for me, if chinese fakes have that Abomination for People who lack any bit of class or Style. But on a Gen IWC, i would expect them to stay with the Decission of the Design Team, and keep the clasp nice and classy.

Reactions: pippo

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Unfortunately IWC does offer now a fuggly Clasp with micro Adjusting, which now ruins the whole Bracelett. It would be ok for me, if chinese fakes have that Abomination for People who lack any bit of class or Style. But on a Gen IWC, i would expect them to stay with the Decission of the Design Team, and keep the clasp nice and classy.
Agreed.

Reactions: Filiiony

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Anybody adjusted the movement on a2892?
How can it be done?

My watch gains 10-15sec/day.