• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor FXD

Reaps

-
25/9/22
You've got me worried now that the same might happen to mine! Any tips for avoiding it happening? (apart from being very very careful when pulling out the stem I suppose!)
I'm fairly careful with mine. Just pull the stem out gently never go full force and set time slowly.

It's a 20 dollar repair and very cheap and possibly easily done by yourself if necessary.

freelancer10000

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
12/2/24
UK
I'm fairly careful with mine. Just pull the stem out gently never go full force and set time slowly.

It's a 20 dollar repair and very cheap and possibly easily done by yourself if necessary.
Thanks.

I definitely don't have the skills to do it myself and I'm not sure where I'd be able to get it fixed if it did happen. I'm not even sure there are any independent watch repairers around here anymore! I guess I could find someone through the forum and send it off.

fspot

Known Member
11/11/10
EU
They're not the same.

That confirms what I've seen on the pictures posted so far.

@Reaps
What about your FXD, are the indexes creamy color in bright sunlight?
I love the blue FXD. I consider it a "summer" watch, so I'm planning to wear in summer but I'm bothered by the creamy color, I prefer pure white.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
That confirms what I've seen on the pictures posted so far.

@Reaps
What about your FXD, are the indexes creamy color in bright sunlight?
I love the blue FXD. I consider it a "summer" watch, so I'm planning to wear in summer but I'm bothered by the creamy color, I prefer pure white.
Then don't buy it. I have a feeling you're a picky guy so you'd be pissed about it. Me? It's a $300 watch, I can accept it. If it bothers you can spend $5k for the gen.

Reactions: b2c4g8

fspot

Known Member
11/11/10
EU
Then don't buy it. I have a feeling you're a picky guy so you'd be pissed about it. Me? It's a $300 watch, I can accept it. If it bothers you can spend $5k for the gen.

Ok. Would you please answer my question?

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Ok. Would you please answer my question?
There are 18 pages of images of people here with the watch, you can determine things for yourself.

For me, it's not noticeable, but for you it may be. Yes there is a difference between index colors and bezel color numbers. Very slightly off white index.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
There are 18 pages of images of people here with the watch, you can determine things for yourself.

For me, it's not noticeable, but for you it may be. Yes there is a difference between index colors and bezel color numbers. Very slightly off white index.
3 people have answered your question and I have answered this question twice in the last page of this thread... please stop asking me the same question i can't give you a different answer

fspot

Known Member
11/11/10
EU
3 people have answered your question and I have answered this question twice in the last page of this thread... please stop asking me the same question i can't give you a different answer

You've answered my question about color differences of the bezel markers and the creamy color in bright artificial light. You haven't answered my question about creamy color in bright sunlight, but never mind.

freelancer10000

Certified
12/2/24
UK
@Reaps your pics above really capture the colour difference/creamy lume well. Not that i've looked for a while, but from memory it looks pretty much like my black version lume.

Reactions: b2c4g8 and Reaps

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia

Its a very good rep imo. Obviously has it flaws as stated numerous times in this thread, but it doesn't really bother me. Although there’s only 1 thing I dislike.. the bezel rotation on mine sucks. I wonder what bezel construction M+ Factory used on this. Anyone tried dissemble the bezel yet?

Abe Fromen

Certified
10/12/15
Canada
Ok so after I pulled the crown out I was faced with a dilemma.... just get it fixed or since it's going to the watchmaker and has to be opened, swap in a high-beat movement?

I decided to swap in a high-beat. So sourced a Miyota 9015, and off everything went to my watchmaker. He's removed the date wheel and the date click on the crown (via keyless) and bam... perfect fit on hands case and stem/crown.

freelancer10000

Certified
12/2/24
UK
Ok so after I pulled the crown out I was faced with a dilemma.... just get it fixed or since it's going to the watchmaker and has to be opened, swap in a high-beat movement?

I decided to swap in a high-beat. So sourced a Miyota 9015, and off everything went to my watchmaker. He's removed the date wheel and the date click on the crown (via keyless) and bam... perfect fit on hands case and stem/crown.

Nice work! Did you get it pressure tested as well?

freelancer10000

Certified
12/2/24
UK
If I'd decided to keep mine I would've got it tested I think. If only because I found it a right faff to basically have to unthread the velcro strap each time I wanted to take off the watch for a shower.