• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The SH4131 Daytonas - Long-term reliability test

Messi

⚡️
Patron
Certified
28/4/13
🇺🇸
Excited to see the outcome!
have no doubts it will impress. the 126500 is a gorgeous watch and build quality in the bracelet feels improved over the older cleans that were already great

Reactions: m5smg2

Dexxter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/3/24
My SH4131 runs with -7 sec. / day what I tracked. QC was +1 per day, so it differs quiet a bit.

Mkempes

Cinglé du Mont-Ventoux
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
The watch travelled from China to your destination. If you picture how the packages are handled by the logistic companies, it's no surprise the movement needs some regulation after arrival.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
My SH4131 runs with -7 sec. / day what I tracked. QC was +1 per day, so it differs quiet a bit.
That depends on usage, a test in one position only is an indication at best. A complete accuracy test is carried out over 5 to 7 positions as accuracy varies depending on the orientation of the watch. For example, timekeeping will vary depending on if you wear your watch at night or remove and leave it on the bedside. If you lie it on the bedside it will vary again on whether you lie it face up, face down, or on its side resting on the band.

Dexxter

21/3/24
That depends on usage, a test in one position only is an indication at best. A complete accuracy test is carried out over 5 to 7 positions as accuracy varies depending on the orientation of the watch. For example, timekeeping will vary depending on if you wear your watch at night or remove and leave it on the bedside. If you lie it on the bedside it will vary again on whether you lie it face up, face down, or on its side resting on the band.
Thanks for your explaination. It is just in one position in a watchbox.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
-45 sec over how long?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Aprox. 30 h
Yeah, that's a lot. Unless you know what you are doing adjusting it yourself may well make it worse and this is not a MVT to learn that skill on. You can read about the process in the tech section.

Dexxter

21/3/24
Yeah, that's a lot. Unless you know what you are doing adjusting it yourself may well make it worse and this is not a MVT to learn that skill on. You can read about the process in the tech section.
So I did manage to get it a little faster running, its now running +7 sec per day.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Dexxter

21/3/24
Yeah, that's a lot. Unless you know what you aredoing adjusting it yourself may well make it worse and this is not a MVT to learn that skill on. You can read about the process in the tech section.
After some more adjusting I achieved the following. Its measured with a smartphone app. The reality check will proof or unproof the resultes.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

tennman

Horology Curious
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
Dexxter,

Could you share what smartphone app you used.

roger.w

Horology Curious
26/7/23
Connecticut
Just got the watch, beautiful, but noticed the chrono function is around half a second slower than the DD4130 when pressed - it delays a bit before it starts, anyone else have the same thing happen to their SH4131?

Dexxter

21/3/24
Just got the watch, beautiful, but noticed the chrono function is around half a second slower than the DD4130 when pressed - it delays a bit before it starts, anyone else have the same thing happen to their SH4131?
I have no comparioson to the dd4130. I just started the stopwatch function on my phone at the same time as on the chrono. It ran 2h very exactly to the stopwatch on the smartphone. Did you also try something like that?

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Where both movements fully wound?