• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Racing Dial Daytonas Release

Space Man

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/22
Houston, Texas
As others have stated above, Clean Factory has corrected the White Dial w/ Arabic “Racing” Numerals to include the 4 and 6 minute markers, same as the genuine dial.

This revised dial now looks good / correct to me.

I am still contemplating whether to accept this watch, as the Timegrapher numbers are not in the “great” range, but do fall into the “acceptable” range …

Amplitude 269 (great = 280-320)

Rate +6 s/d (great = +/- 4 s/d)

but selfishly, for the price of this particular watch, I think the numbers should be better, especially since I have been sent readings on other watches (that I rejected because they were missing the 4 and 6 minute markers) that were perfect (Amp 295 ; Rate +/- 0 s/d).

Reactions: mmaggi

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
It could be that the watch isn't fully wound, hence the lower amplitude. You could always ask if the watch was fully wound or just ask for another.

Space Man

23/5/22
Houston, Texas
It could be that the watch isn't fully wound, hence the lower amplitude. You could always ask if the watch was fully wound or just ask for another.
Thanks …. I agree. I’ll see what they say about winding it more, and see what happens.

I know I’m probably being picky, but at north of $850 it would be nice to get one that falls into the “great” range.

It’s even harder to accept, as I said, after they had just sent me one that measured 0.0 s/d and 295 (just perfect readings) … albeit with the old dial.

Do you have any concerns over the +6 s/d Rate ?

Space Man

23/5/22
Houston, Texas
I reached out to them about the Timegrapher data … they said they could “adjust” (wind?) the watch … maybe adjust means just that … they adjusted it (???).

They sent me a second QC video of the watch on a Timegrapher, and the Amplitude now reads 285 (first QC 269) ; and the Rate is now +1 s/d (first QC +6 s/d) … the Error remained 0.0 m/s … all very acceptable to me.

If it was not fully wound, the increased Amplitude would be explained … I’m not sure how winding the watch would have slowed the Rate down … but admittedly, other than knowing what numbers I am looking / hoping for, I have no idea about these things.

I’ll bet if I put all my genuine Rolex watches on a Timegrapher, they would probably have bad numbers … a good reason not to own a Timegrapher !!!

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
In general, I recommend taking TD timgrapher results with a grain of salt. They often differ (sometimes greatly) compared to when the watch is received (assuming the buyer owns a timegrapher). I've had some watches read +12 seconds from a TD to read -2 when received. Other times I've had watches that read +1 and then I got -5. As long as the timegrapher numbers are not way out of acceptable limits, it's nothing to stress over IMO.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
Didn't take much to find 2 GENs with differing hour markers for the same reference and dial

Reactions: Tompa and Emceerice

Emceerice

Horology Curious
25/3/19
Appreciate the lesson for me today, same reference and dial can potentially have different cosmetic differences.

Space Man

23/5/22
Houston, Texas
Hard to account for every year these dials were made by Rolex (2008-16), but I have seen both, “square” and “rectangular” 3-6-9 hour markers … but, maybe they are dial color dependent … as every White Dial have seen, as an example, has the square markers.

Reactions: Emceerice

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Only Silver and Black dials have rectangular markers in the old SL versions. The Slate and Panda Arab racing only came with the modern style markers (both in SL and CL)

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
Appreciate the lesson for me today, same reference and dial can potentially have different cosmetic differences.
It’s based on the year of production. It can be hard to figure out what year the gen they used to make the rep was produced. Look at the Pepsi for instance, it has 5 different bezels throughout the years.

johndoe12

2/6/12
I'm not an expert by any means, is it just me, or is the 'O' look like it's a different font on the rep on this dial? Or do you guys think it's only visible with these macro shots and not detectible on the wrist?

Also, do you guys think it's worth it to get this WG plated? or is the SS close enough to match the WG gen?