• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CLEAN Factory 124060 No Date Submariner New Release

Popoe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/22
Guys….please stop being the usual Vsf fan boys and telling things that you don’t even know…I have the same watches and also had the gen for a while. Look at the case shape, the thickness of the Vsf one is ridiculous and completely wrong. Also the case back is thick. And look at the crown guards……cmon.
Oh and look at the Rehaut of vsf…it’s weird and the engraving method is completely different from original. The bracalet of the CF feels better, especially the clasp, and finally, the crystal gasket is the right eight in cf.
Hope that now it is clear who is the winner (by a lot).

Reactions: Loudalou and Tobel

Donvitocorleone

29/9/10
Guys….please stop being the usual Vsf fan boys and telling things that you don’t even know…I have the same watches and also had the gen for a while. Look at the case shape, the thickness of the Vsf one is ridiculous and completely wrong. Also the case back is thick. And look at the crown guards……cmon.
Oh and look at the Rehaut of vsf…it’s weird and the engraving method is completely different from original. The bracalet of the CF feels better, especially the clasp, and finally, the crystal gasket is the right eight in cf.

do you have cg shape comparation also?

geekedup

Timshel
Supporter
Certified
15/4/23
los angeles
i was going to pull the trigger on a vsf but i was told by the dealer that the vs3235 movement is not recommended. i guess i have to wait for an update soon. might opt for a tudor rep thats on the nwbig list.

Popoe

13/5/22
Yes have them. Look with your eyes (for everyone who still really think that vsf has something better than clean) … cg on clean are perfect, Vsf are incorrect next to gen one.

Popoe

13/5/22
Yes have them. Look with your eyes (for everyone who still really think that vsf has something better than clean) … cg on clean are perfect, Vsf are incorrect next to gen one.

Photo 1 : CF
Photo 2: GEN
Photo 3: VSF

Popoe

13/5/22

And obviously here the one on the bottom is clean, look at the thickness. CF 124060 will still be the winner even when vs will update their movement if they leave their watches like this .

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think CF are using real 3230 clone movements, my understanding is that like their 3235 they are kind of hybrid movements and they dont have 72h of power reserve
I believe that is correct.

Reactions: Tobel

Donvitocorleone

29/9/10

mate I totally agree about CF sub quality , but no for the cg shape. that cg are near to a Gmt 116710 shape, GEN 6 digit sub has different shape about cg, more squared. and vsf / zf are more gen like in that. @shotgun what do you think about?

as per tradition ... unfortunately, for the best sub , you have to mix more factory, as per tradition... :):):)

Last edited:
Reactions: Popoe

Donvitocorleone

29/9/10
in any case.. sometime flaws are made by the pics...
here we can find a very comparation for all the best sub factories...

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/submariner-116610lv,comprehensive-comparison-of-gen-vs-clean-zf-and-king.10937714/

copy and paste

for lv its change just dial and insert respect to the ln..

Last edited:
Reactions: gkardag

Popoe

13/5/22
mate I totally agree about CF sub quality , but no for the cg shape. that cg are near to a Gmt 116710 shape, GEN 6 digit sub has different shape about cg, more squared. and vsf / zf are more gen like in that. @shotgun what do you think about?

as per tradition ... unfortunately, for the best sub , you have to mix more factory, as per tradition... :):):)

Hi mate, I unfortunately have to disagree on that since from what I saw with my eyes (you can check the photos I posted of Cgs), the Vsf 41mm still has the old 40 mm squared shape, which was correct for that model and clean wasn’t. But I noted that the new 41mm has less prominent cgs compared to the 40mm, so the clean actually has more similar shape of the genuine.
Look, I found another gen photo:
Photo 1 gen, 2 Clean, 3 VSF

Popoe

13/5/22
Hi mate, I unfortunately have to disagree on that since from what I saw with my eyes (you can check the photos I posted of Cgs), the Vsf 41mm still has the old 40 mm squared shape, which was correct for that model and clean wasn’t. But I noted that the new 41mm has less prominent cgs compared to the 40mm, so the clean actually has more similar shape of the genuine.
Look, I found another gen photo:
Photo 1 gen, 2 Clean, 3 VSF

Sorry I messed the order, photo 1 CF, photo 2 VSF, Photo 3 GEN

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Im in awe of this watch
eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and a heartfelt official WELCOME to RWI from the team at the reception front desk!

You have found the right place! You are receiving this reply either because you posted in the "New Members Say Hi" subsection or because I spotted one of your first posts on RWI somewhere in the forum. In the latter case, please consider going to the aforementioned section and introduce yourself there.

If you haven't already, please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members section (in all subsections) as they contain lots of information for newbies and most importantly our forum rules which you need to know, and of course ideally to follow, to get the most out of your experience on RWI!

A good starting point is this list of links to the most important resources on RWI:

Also this please study this very important sticky:

If you need further help or have questions that you can't find answers to in the sticky threads, feel free to contact me or my teammate @Feefo!

We're happy to help, but please remember that we're doing this as volunteers for the love of this community and our hobby, and that we have busy lives outside of the forum, so please allow some time for PM responses!

Reactions: Platomates

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Hi was it plug and play? did you have to customize anything to make the gen fit into the CF base?
It was a direct install but the gen crystal gasket was extremely tight. Much tighter than the rep.

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
I guess the thickness of the bezel numbers and shine of the hands bugging me a little cf compared to gen lately
30sR9L.jpeg

30sNKQ.jpeg