• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
I contacted this dealer on Whatsapp. Prices are about par with TrustyTime & PureTime who are TDs here. For my money, not worth it especially when there's Hont & TheOneWatches who are very good and reliable TDs here.

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
I was told by my TD that CF is more popular than BTF. I don't have a gen or BTF to compare but i think it looks amazing

Thanks for the info.

Looks stunning! Wear it in good health.

Superzzz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
28/1/17
I contacted this dealer on Whatsapp. Prices are about par with TrustyTime & PureTime who are TDs here. For my money, not worth it especially when there's Hont & TheOneWatches who are very good and reliable TDs here.
It's all good brother, I like him because of the fast QC in 1 day and received the watch in 7 days. The trusted TD in here are great

toni123456

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/1/17
after all the posts, I’m still not sure which 116520 has acceptable, not too fat, not to shiny, subldials. CF, BTF or maybe even QF? Black or white?

Reactions: masterpiece777

SubNot

Supporter
Certified
17/5/19
EU
As of today what's the best base Daytona 116520 to fit gen dial and gen bezel? I seem to find only the CLEAN version on different TD websites.

toni123456

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/1/17
Me to, but confused as they keep V1 photos and have no idea are subdials fat and/or shinny anymore

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Sorry, new... why not order on their website?
Because 1) you may get the wrong website and get scammed and 2) their websites are not up to date so the fact that a given watch is "in stock" doesn't mean that it really is. Always check with them first

Reactions: mmaggi

speadracer

16/2/23
USA
Because 1) you may get the wrong website and get scammed and 2) their websites are not up to date so the fact that a given watch is "in stock" doesn't mean that it really is. Always check with them first
Got it, I understand... thank you.

25/9/22
Is there a confirmed update on the CF 116520 Daytona white dials, a v3 with smaller subdials? This thread and the comments had me thinking: CF Rolex Daytona 116520 / White Dial / C&R - UK Tbh, I don't really see it, it is probably due to the pictures being taken with flashlight.

For me, the issues with the subdials, be it the size and/or the shine, ruin almost all of the 116500/116520 reps. The only one without those issues seems to be the 116500LN with the white dial and the black subdials, the only one perfectly wearable ootb (CF & BTF).

Thoughts?!

25/9/22
that was a great comparison in another thread, concerning the subdials of the black 116520 by another member. Subdial size seems to be ok, but the shine is just too far off of gen:

I like to share some pics of my new CF 116520 black dial. It was sold as v2 from my favorite TD. I was very interested to compare the dial with the gen one that I had recently put in my other CF v2 ordered 4 weeks before. In theory both watches should be identical besides the dials.

3DZMDF.jpg

The franken is left, the "original" rep on the right. Overall the rep dial looks really good, dimensions of subdials, one the biggest flaws of the white dial, are completely ok. Lettering is not 100% sharp but very nice.
However, under different light conditions it becomes visible that the structure of the gen subdials are more sophisticated (the little rings have more depth) and reflect the light differently. Below, the gen dial is now on the right, sorry!

3DZvbE.jpg

3DZuX2.jpg

The rep dial (left) is more reflective and is still shiny while the gen (right) changes the color to variations of grey.

3DZsqt.jpg

Looking at a different angle, both are very shiny.
Although same factory, same version sold as v2 within 4 weeks distance, I found the bezels of the two watches are different. The newer watch has engraved markings as used in earlier gen Daytona models while the previous one has "printed" markings. May be CF has a new supplier or it happened by chance because the bezel was lying around. By the way, both cases are engraved 116500 so the 116520 is probably a niche product.
I bought the watch as a base to upgrade it a gen white dial. However, I think for people looking for a 116520 out of the box first, the black version is a pretty good choice.