• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

Lux313

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/6/19
alright guys... who currently has the best ceramic bezel in your opinion.... open to modders as well :)

ghostte

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/3/23
behind you
Yeah you're right. I really want steel bezel black dial but would consider ceramic bezel if fat subdials are still a problem.
I want a steel bezel too but wish there was a BTF version, Clean's pushers aren't the same as the gen watch

Omega38

19/7/18
Does anyone know if the BTF case is closer in shape to gen or is the case the same as clean?

Reactions: haze3715

Pateka

Horology Curious
20/10/22
Great summary! @Cheeps :One thing is not clear though: you say first the best out of the box for panda 116500 is CF and in the conclusion you say is BTF. Which one is your preferable for those who don’t want to go franken or mood?

Reactions: RepWatchApprentice

imaballa

8/9/20
Great summary! @Cheeps :One thing is not clear though: you say first the best out of the box for panda 116500 is CF and in the conclusion you say is BTF. Which one is your preferable for those who don’t want to go franken or mood?
And also saying White dial is closer to Gen vs black dial or did I miss read?

Vitto2

Known Member
Patron
Certified
14/1/22
Bye,
I am not an expert on modern daytona replicas. I would like to know if the Clean 116520 case is engraved with a serial number or not.
Thank you.
V

Reactions: masterpiece777

Radolux

Known Member
11/9/21
Hi All,

For a friend of mine i'm goging to order a daytona. I'm really into Rolex reps but not this model so I have no idea which factory is the best.
The watch wont be modded.

In the first post I have read this:
1. Daytona’s worth buying on the market
There are currently two makers who build the best Daytonas. Those are either BTF or CF, with both offering either the 116520 or 116500 version of this watch.

Is this still correct? My friend wants a 116500 Black dial & black bezel. Steel bracelet.

Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks a lot.

imaballa

8/9/20
Hi Guys,

On this Clean black 116500 do you think the bottom subdial is misaligned the chrono second hand is not in the middle of the 60 and the 60 looks slightly crooked. https://imgur.com/a/E7TZzHH

What do you guys think?

TimeFlyz

Known Member
Supporter
22/1/23
USA
Don’t go too much by those alignment markings , I have had QC look like it’s offf but with Watch in hand looks great.
Also the second probably were running in first pic you can see different indication .
Nice watch I have same by BTF.

Reactions: rdothroaway