• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

Davidaintgrizz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/22
Indeed! Great photos and what a nice look with the white oyster flex straps

I like the strap, unfortunately I only realised afterwards that you have to buy the SEL looking inserts afterwards. I've ordered them now and will put them on and it'll look perfect!

L_Frost

Horology Curious
2/12/19
I just paid for my first daytona rep from Jtime. I Read through the sticky but nowhere does it say how to post QC pics. Can I make a new thread or should I post them on this one?

dsu

Horology Curious
28/6/21
What do you guys think is the better Panda rep, CF or BTF? And why? Just curious about your opinions.
imo both look great (at least on the pictures available).

Last edited:
Reactions: dsk2004

gwatchtrader

Looking Around
29/5/21
Hello guys, where can I buy the best Panda on the market at the moment and the white gold Daytona with blue dial?

Thanks!!!!

daytonagator

Horology Curious
2/5/20
94-A3-D662-1247-4977-8-E71-8673-DA6-CA415.jpg
So I received a CF 116500LN Panda, here's a pic of it with my gen. Wow, this thing is good, feels just like gen and looks soooo close. The one downfall is, as others have mentioned, the color of the white dial. It ain't super white. The gen has a deep richness to its dial, the CF dial is a weak, washed out, grey-blue. when compared side-by-side. Alone, its not too bad, but the difference next to a gen is very noticeable. I had a NOOB V3 before that I installed a gen 116520 dial, one reason I went gen is because the NOOB case wouldn't accept the ARF panda dial I bought because it needed to have the dial's edges shaved down to fit. Anyone know if other (whiter) rep dial will fit the CF case without shaving? I see them on eBay from time to time, have no idea of fit in the CF case.

29/3/22
USA
So I received a CF 116500LN Panda, here's a pic of it with my gen. Wow, this thing is good, feels just like gen and looks soooo close. The one downfall is, as others have mentioned, the color of the white dial. It ain't super white. The gen has a deep richness to its dial, the CF dial is a weak, washed out, grey-blue. when compared side-by-side. Alone, its not too bad, but the difference next to a gen is very noticeable. I had a NOOB V3 before that I installed a gen 116520 dial, one reason I went gen is because the NOOB case wouldn't accept the ARF panda dial I bought because it needed to have the dial's edges shaved down to fit. Anyone know if other (whiter) rep dial will fit the CF case without shaving? I see them on eBay from time to time, have no idea of fit in the CF case.
From what I’ve read it’s not the dial color itself but rather the crystal that Clean uses. I’ve read a few posts that swapping out that crystal for a gen fixes what you are seeing on your Clean rep.

Reactions: daytonagator

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
All of our watch smiths can shave and install the dial for you.

Mine was done by Domi.

It is glued to the movement because it doesn't have matching feet, but works like a charm.

daytonagator

Horology Curious
2/5/20
"From what I’ve read it’s not the dial color itself but rather the crystal that Clean uses. I’ve read a few posts that swapping out that crystal for a gen fixes what you are seeing on your Clean rep."

Great advice, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: paison

dsu

Horology Curious
28/6/21
Does anyone know if the BTF has the same crystal issues?

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16
@dsu Here is a picture that shows the difference between the CF and BT crystal. The dial in both watches is a BT V2 dial. I've read some members say that the BT crystals are too clear and not gen-like so take that into account.

Left is CF crystal and right is BT crystal.

zqwRdS.jpg

Mp444

Horology Curious
11/8/22
i am ready to buy the CF panda but not sure where to get it, can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Ok, also this may be a dumb question, but how do I choose a CF Panda
Ask the TD for a CF panda...?

You will receive QC pics anyway so you can check. Please read the rules before you think of posting them here

Reactions: mcboom and Mp444