• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
Sure will. I will measure the thickness as well and let you all know. If its thickness it the same as advertised on TDs website - 9mm thickness - then I’ll be happy!

TheReplicator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/21
After all these years I'm still on the fence about which one to grab lol. Someone linked gen dials here earlier and they were really affordable. Maybe BVF with gen dial is the way to go? Any BVF owners wanna chime in on bracelet quality and function?
thank you so much!

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
c9091556432bcebb55c74605b17abe19.jpg

3kf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How are yu liking it bro? I'm inches away from buying one myself, only thing holding me back is that it is a bit "fancy" and I tend to go more rugged

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
Received my 3kf santos medium today. Measured the thickness with my digital calipers and I am getting 9.1-9.2mm thick. (Measured points were from caseback to polished bezel part)

First impressions:
Dial and crystal is almost perfect to my eyes. I know GF has the frosting crystal issue which resulted in the swiss made font being covered. This doesnt happen to 3kf. The printing quality and dial texture color is just as good as gen IMO. The smart link+bracelet change system works flawlessly for me.
Heres Gen dial and the 3KF santos medium rep for comparison:

I have never held gen, GF, or BVF, so I cant compare the bracelet quality, but I think the 3kf bracelet very solid for a rep. It has the usual sharpness on the corners of each underside link - this will need to be smoothen for more comfort fit on wrist. The bracelet and clasp quality reminds me of PPF v4 5711 Nautilus if that helps. (Solid IMO)

Overall I am pretty happy with the overall quality of the 3KF rep. However its a shame that it doesnt come together with a free leather strap - I really wished 3kf didnt be so stingy in this regard (someone pls give me a leather strap 🤣)

Enjoy the extra pics:

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Love the latest version, but the dial on your video looks way too purple...

Reactions: rockdaytona

Rep346

Horology Curious
11/7/22
Received my 3kf santos medium today. Measured the thickness with my digital calipers and I am getting 9.1-9.2mm thick. (Measured points were from caseback to polished bezel part)

First impressions:
Dial and crystal is almost perfect to my eyes. I know GF has the frosting crystal issue which resulted in the swiss made font being covered. This doesnt happen to 3kf. The printing quality and dial texture color is just as good as gen IMO. The smart link+bracelet change system works flawlessly for me.
Heres Gen dial and the 3KF santos medium rep for comparison:

I have never held gen, GF, or BVF, so I cant compare the bracelet quality, but I think the 3kf bracelet very solid for a rep. It has the usual sharpness on the corners of each underside link - this will need to be smoothen for more comfort fit on wrist. The bracelet and clasp quality reminds me of PPF v4 5711 Nautilus if that helps. (Solid IMO)

Overall I am pretty happy with the overall quality of the 3KF rep. However its a shame that it doesnt come together with a free leather strap - I really wished 3kf didnt be so stingy in this regard (someone pls give me a leather strap 🤣)

Enjoy the extra pics:

Good to hear your quick change links were working well.
Mine were a real pain.
Did you use any tools or just fingers?
I've been wearing mine daily now for a bit. i'm liking it more tbh

Reactions: rockdaytona