• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Has anyone ordered a 3KF lately? heard they stopped sending watches to TD's? Some say movement sourcing issues on the Pateks. Has it effected their Santos'?

onewatch2018

Renowned Member
19/4/18
A photo of my V6F and gen.
2ab89681e9b850485d395f682edd7900.jpg

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

shaxx100

Horology Curious
16/12/21
Short update after half a year with 3kf santos medium. I wear it three times a week: no loose screws, crystal still there, no scratches on bezel (which i do not get lol). I am very happy. Reddit is loving GF. Nobody talking about 3kf over there. Would love me some comparison one day.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I think they are pretty much the same. I have a RG 40mm 3KF and I love it too. Thinking of getting a SS or a SS/PVD also (but only GF is available apparently)

jimmy6

Renowned Member
1/4/12
I think they are pretty much the same. I have a RG 40mm 3KF and I love it too. Thinking of getting a SS or a SS/PVD also (but only GF is available apparently)
Do you know if your 3KF has real scews on the bracelet or if they are glued or pressed in?

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
Ordered a 3KF Santos De Cartier Medium from Jtime. Excited to have this piece, didnt know they repped the 35mm until now. I will write a quick first impressions here once I have it.

Reactions: rockdaytona

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
So, anyone liking the new GF models that Andrew uploaded?... I'm already falling for the blue dial, blue rubber 😅

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
So, anyone liking the new GF models that Andrew uploaded?... I'm already falling for the blue dial, blue rubber 😅

Very interested

Rep346

Horology Curious
11/7/22
Ordered a 3KF Santos De Cartier Medium from Jtime. Excited to have this piece, didnt know they repped the 35mm until now. I will write a quick first impressions here once I have it.
I recieved mine a couple of days ago (35mm) 3KF stantos.
It's my first Cartier rep - got a gen Calibre de Cartier also.

My initial thoughts:
Although i knew I was buying a 35mm watch, it is actually much smaller than I thought.
The quick link change is a great idea, but its not smooth on the rep. takes some force. had to push and pull multiple times and broke a nail! (i suggest using a tool.
The band feels flimsy and light - especially compared to the gen. the edges are rough, the clasp does not have that nice "feel". picture closing a cheap car door and a luxury vehicle car door.
The watch itself, looks pretty good, the metal behind the crown isnt brushed like the rest of the case, so if you look really close its looks off. The hands and the face look great! all the screws seem to be consistent. Contemplating replacing with a gen leather/rubber strap.
Overall its a pretty decent rep.

The only other rep I have is an RXF Submariner, and honestly they are worlds apart. The RXF feels like a high end watch. I cant say the same about the 3KF santos

Reactions: MambaMentality60

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
I recieved mine a couple of days ago (35mm) 3KF stantos.
It's my first Cartier rep - got a gen Calibre de Cartier also.

My initial thoughts:
Although i knew I was buying a 35mm watch, it is actually much smaller than I thought.
The quick link change is a great idea, but its not smooth on the rep. takes some force. had to push and pull multiple times and broke a nail! (i suggest using a tool.
The band feels flimsy and light - especially compared to the gen. the edges are rough, the clasp does not have that nice "feel". picture closing a cheap car door and a luxury vehicle car door.
The watch itself, looks pretty good, the metal behind the crown isnt brushed like the rest of the case, so if you look really close its looks off. The hands and the face look great! all the screws seem to be consistent. Contemplating replacing with a gen leather/rubber strap.
Overall its a pretty decent rep.

The only other rep I have is an RXF Submariner, and honestly they are worlds apart. The RXF feels like a high end watch. I cant say the same about the 3KF santos
Thanks for your review and comparison to your gen, very helpful info you’ve given to us. Clearly this is a rep and expectations of it should not be kept too high to avoid disappointment!
I was hoping the bracelet would be somewhat decent or on par with 3KF patek 5711 bracelet - a little sharp edge smoothening and ultrasonic clean, should make it acceptable and comfortable to wear hopefully..

Rep346

Horology Curious
11/7/22
has aynone any experience with the ss/rg version from 3kf? https://jtime.io/us/santos-de-carti...dial-rg-bezel-on-ss-bracelet-miyota-9015.html

feels like everybody is going for the SS one but no love for a two-tone. except this one guy who is rocking his fully RG version of the santos on a leather strap. looks cool but not my beach watch for this years vacation :)
I wouldnt go the two tone RG + SS. Firstly I dont believe it ever came from factory with that combo (only YG/SS). secondly I don't personally like two tone (but thats personal preference.)

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
@Rep346 by any chance will you be able to tell us whats the thickness of your santos medium 35mm? From what we know, GF has 9.5mm thickness. Dont know 3KF one is yet.

Btw here is my approved QC. Dial and crystal is very CLEAN. Looking forward to having it hand.

Last edited:

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Ok, what's the conclusion here?
V6F, 3KF, BVF, GF?
Every factory seems to have flaws. I dont recall seeing a single person grab V6F but as far as the others go, for the medium/35mm this is what I've observed:

3KF bracelet quality seems meh as stated by a user above, sometimes the 'cartier' text in the 7 numeral is poor quality, but it is microscopic and QC'able. I haven't really heard many bracelet complaints from other 3KF owners though.

GF crystal chamfer is too wide, some have reported the bracelet screws falling out, and no one seems to acknowledge this but the endlinks are pretty bad imo. They should be almost flush with the case, the GF EL's are very far from flush. Aside from the screw issue I've heard good things about bracelet quality.

BVF, no idea about bracelet quality but I believe one member here has commented on it before. The main flaw is that the last R in CARTIER is "floating". Some have claimed that this has been fixed but I'm pretty sure its only fixed on their 40mm version.

After all these years I'm still on the fence about which one to grab lol. Someone linked gen dials here earlier and they were really affordable. Maybe BVF with gen dial is the way to go? Any BVF owners wanna chime in on bracelet quality and function?

Rep346

Horology Curious
11/7/22
@Rep346 by any chance will you be able to tell us whats the thickness of your santos medium 35mm? From what we know, GF has 9.5mm thickness. Dont know 3KF one is yet.

Btw here is my approved QC. Dial and crystal is very CLEAN. Looking forward to having it hand.

unfortunately I dont have an accurate measuring device - but from what I've read from TD's they all say its 9mm