• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New C+ Factory Pepsi

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
You cant really go by pictures, there are way too many variations, unless you put all 3 watches in the same room, ligh ect, even then it wont be 100% same. These pictures are all in different lighting conditions
With the minute hands, angles play a part, someone has already done a picture comparison, and the minute hands look smaller, larger depending on angles off pictures.

Thats why pictures dont always work, Its the actual people who have these all in hand, that can actually tell you!

Reactions: danix84

LongyUK

Supporter
Certified
9/3/21
You cant really go by pictures, there are way too many variations, unless you put all 3 watches in the same room, ligh ect, even then it wont be 100% same. These pictures are all in different lighting conditions
With the minute hands, angles play a part, someone has already done a picture comparison, and the minute hands look smaller, larger depending on angles off pictures.

Thats why pictures dont always work, Its the actual people who have these all in hand, that can actually tell you!

To be fair I'll take the second hand length comment back - on my new image they're all over the markers.

If there's a variance in colour its batch not factory - we're all being told that CLEAN provide bezels for all three.

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
Thats true, like all batches theres going to to variation, some bad and some good. either way we have some off the best gmts for years

Reactions: LongyUK

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
There's no White gasket on the c+, this is a very very good crystal.

LongyUK

Supporter
Certified
9/3/21
There's no White gasket on the c+, this is a very very good crystal.

Same as the GMF then...

But that's not a crystal replacement that's a gasket replacement - why the hate on the clean crystal? I don't see it?

LongyUK

Supporter
Certified
9/3/21
and also look at the white halo on this CLEAN.... In fact no - this is gen :rolleyes:

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Keep in mind these pics show a V1 Clean with milky xtal. The current versions have a new crystal which is much better. I'm not seeing much that would differenetiate the C+ vs. Clean V2.

Reactions: letchmi

vodamerc

Muppet
22/2/22
Australia
Same as the GMF then...

But that's not a crystal replacement that's a gasket replacement - why the hate on the clean crystal? I don't see it?
The clean crystal is very low quality with poor transparency, cloudy is the best way to describe it. The C+ is supposedly using a 'deep' crystal which from my experience is actually more transparent than gen, for example where used on the BTF Daytona. Although I believe it might be due to AR coating being applied both front and rear.

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
The clean crystal is very low quality with poor transparency, cloudy is the best way to describe it. The C+ is supposedly using a 'deep' crystal which from my experience is actually more transparent than gen, for example where used on the BTF Daytona. Although I believe it might be due to AR coating being applied both front and rear.
Have a V2 crystal on hard and this is hardly true. Do you have one in person for comparison or going by what you hear? Prior crystals yes, but on their recent batches, it has been much improved to the point where if you are not going gen for the sake of saying you have a gen, then there is no point in wasting money on these after market crystals.

vodamerc

Muppet
22/2/22
Australia
Have a V2 crystal on hard and this is hardly true. Do you have one in person for comparison or going by what you hear? Prior crystals yes, but on their recent batches, it has been much improved to the point where if you are not going gen for the sake of saying you have a gen, then there is no point in wasting money on these after market crystals.
Yes I have a v2 in person and also have a deep crystal on hand which I have test fitted. Clean has the same problem with the Daytona crystal. It's cloudy and lacks transparancy compared to gen. The only thing 'fixed' with the v2 clean crystal is the beveled edge to reflect the minute markers.

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Wanna see one side-by-side my watches before I drink the Kool-Aid.

zO7svs.gif

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
The ones on C+ is not Deep I'm afraid.

But it's definitely better than the clean v1(milky edge+cloudy Cyclops) and V2 (no milky edges and less cloudy) Cyclops.

Deep has a much stronger black hole effect and clarity to the Cyclops.

zOEnck.jpg

pebosebo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/19
The ones on C+ is not Deep I'm afraid.

But it's definitely better than the clean v1(milky edge+cloudy Cyclops) and V2 (no milky edges and less cloudy) Cyclops.

Deep has a much stronger black hole effect and clarity to the Cyclops.

zOEnck.jpg
Hello, please pardon my ignorance as still trying to learn all the terms here in rwi.. May I ask what’s the meaning of black hole effect? Thank you!

LongyUK

Supporter
Certified
9/3/21
WHOOOAAAA! Nice insert colours. *starts drooling*

Yes - to me this begs the question should we be buying VRF?

Their SD43's and DSSD's are market leading. Ignore me - got mixed up lol

As far as im concerned id rather have the biggest tell sorted (bezel insert) and settle for any tiny inaccuracy's of the VRF case etc.

So...... what flaws does VRF have that made us all run to CLEAN like sheep?

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929