• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EWF 36mm new explorer 1

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
No one beats anyone here, de gustibus non est disputandum. Taste, mood, it really changes, what you like today you may not like tomorrow, the "I'll never wear a TT" becomes "man is that TT hot!". My taste was very different, or better, narrower, before falling into the rabbit hole.

Reactions: John Williams

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
So it it 70 hours?

I doubt so man.

Look at the movement. It looks like SA3230 which I think is just SA3130 decorated with 3230 engraving.

It might not even have 40hrs of PR.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
70 hours for a clone movement? Not a chance.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
VS3235 can achieve that.
Really? Show me the certification. Just kidding. Well that's impressive, I knew VS was the best around (right? Well at least better than VR) , but didn't imagine that it had reached such sofistication. What about watchsmith feedback? Is it an easy movement to work/service?

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Really? Show me the certification. Just kidding. Well that's impressive, I knew VS was the best around (right? Well at least better than VR) , but didn't imagine that it had reached such sofistication. What about watchsmith feedback? Is it an easy movement to work/service?

Yes, many watchmakers here can work on VS3235 with ease

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU

Yes, many watchmakers here can work on VS3235 with ease
Thank you sir! Much appreciated!

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Awaiting QCs on the TT! Reverting
Can't wait to see some pics and your review! Really really curious. Would you mind sharing the link to the model you chose?

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
70 hours for a clone movement? Not a chance.

As far as i understand, EWF uses the Hangzhou 7 series movement, decorated to 3235, and yes it does have 70hrs PR.
On a side note, it might also be more reliable than the clone 3235, and definitely cheaper to repalce.

I however, do not know exactly the model number of the base movement, if anyone knows please advise.

Last edited:
Reactions: FaekieOne

Rolex Luthor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/18
Blasphemy alert: Is it possible to swap in a quartz movement? Perhaps a Seiko Mecha-Quartz?

FaekieOne

Known Member
18/1/22
Here’s my EWF:
zqXeXi.jpg

Had it for 3 days and seems to be running about +20spd.
The clasp has a bit sharp edges and the bracelet needs an oil bath. Maybe it will help a bit. The dial is very good. Crystal LEC is too easy to see.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
EWF is a solid contender for this model but i still prefer BP. i hate how the pinion isn’t capped on the EWF. BP is solid in that regard.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I like it. Only doubt I'd have is the gold color. In the pictures it doesn't look as glittery as the real thing. BUT (big one) lighting is key, only real life will tell. Can't wait for the pics when you got it in your hands.

Rolex Luthor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/18
I like it. Only doubt I'd have is the gold color. In the pictures it doesn't look as glittery as the real thing. BUT (big one) lighting is key, only real life will tell. Can't wait for the pics when you got it in your hands.
Would have been exquisite in rose gold