• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EWF 36mm new explorer 1

Watch-a-say

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/18
Looking forward to the review! BP has the best 214270 overall for the price; hoping they can pull that off for the 124270 as well.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
wubsub did you get this yet?

i rejected my previous QC due to not straight 3 marker, i could live with it but it was tilted a bit too much for me.

jg81Xs.jpg

waiting replacement 2 weeks now

Reactions: Hinclimincli

ower

3/8/12

just received a package from Toro with GMF Exp1, great service as always! At first was bit shocked by size, normally I wear 40-42mm, but the more I weartis beast the more I feel the size appropriate and watch overall gorgeous! When you search for rolex that goes under the radar, search no more. The bracelet though is 20mm and does not taper enough and is imho a straight tell. On leather strap, this thing is almost spot on (still 20mm lugs but barely noticeable). Big surprise was how good the rep hands look in real!

ower

3/8/12

couple more quick pics including size comparison with speedy (42mm) and SPB143 (40.5mm) and their lumeshot comparison. This explorer rep stands surprisingly well next to the gens.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
That looks awesome! A pity for the 20mm bracelet, apart from that, how is the bracelet quality?
So the 36mm version is so to speak still "under development" and factories will likely continue improving the details (provided the demand stays high). How long do you guys think until the 36mm will reach the "maturity" of the ARF or BP 39mm?

auteur

Supporter
Certified
27/8/17
Eastern US
I'm wondering about bracelet quality too. Have you thought about swaping out the bracelet for an ARF or similar?

dk2852

2/2/22
The bracelet seems fine to me on the DJF. Not sure what the fuss is about, the SEL are good and fit/finish is on par with other high quality reps, including my ARF bracelet.

The dimensions are of course incorrect, the clasp is too big and the taper isn't right, but that's the issue with the Explorer 36 rep in general right now. I don't think any of the factories have gotten the bracelet dimensions right on this watch yet.

ower

3/8/12
I totally agree. Overall build quality, SEL fit, etc. is great, actually best I've had on replicas so far (had some omegas, IWC, B&R...). My problem with it is that it is visible on it that it is not of original dimensions - wide, small taper, large clasp. Thats why I swapped it for a strap. On a strap this watch is a killer. By the way movement so far OK running within COSC standards.

Reactions: dk2852

Masturb8r

Looking Around
29/6/22
zH8Wup.jpg

my BP just arrived, really nice! winding and setting time is the only issue, it’s rough. bracelet feels solid.

Please more detailed review and measurement (especially the lugs), is it 20mm or 19mm?

Justin_time

Horology Curious
10/7/22
Is this possible to find locally, say in SG? A bit worried if buying from a TD and they ship it over, customs may want to charge duties or worst not release item/send to my address. Very interested to get this rep.

Justin_time

Horology Curious
10/7/22
thx Peguine.
Read in another thread, that it seems fine ordering from TD and item being shipped here. Of course rep won't be the same as gen, but at current conditions it is impossible to find stock from an AD... now the TD online PT and ITW seems to have the 36mm, both same price but not sure which TD is better ordering. Anyone have feedback whom bought recently either from PT or ITW?

Faj

10/3/19
Wooow, for me just arrived, two Explorer a JDF and a GMF

As this is my most beloved model, I ordered two.
i am crazy with that anyway, some might know. :)

The models are very similar, but still wrapped in the plastic, so I did no further inspection, but will take my time.

I opened the raw material box and bubble plastics armored with FSP 2 mask, rubber gloves and lots of disinfection care and put the material to the trash.

Got some nightmare ideas of imported Horror China Viruses :shok::megalol:

Lucy send me amazing pieces and the movements are running immediately with soft shake. Good sign!

Now its :drool: time.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
JDF is the name GMF used to keep producing after they were raided. They've kept the line even after resuming their original name so your two pieces should be pretty much identical.

Reactions: johnlogan and Faj

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Wooow, for me just arrived, two Explorer a JDF and a GMF

As this is my most beloved model, I ordered two.
i am crazy with that anyway, some might know. :)

The models are very similar, but still wrapped in the plastic, so I did no further inspection, but will take my time.

I opened the raw material box and bubble plastics armored with FSP 2 mask, rubber gloves and lots of disinfection care and put the material to the trash.

Got some nightmare ideas of imported Horror China Viruses :shok::megalol:

Lucy send me amazing pieces and the movements are running immediately with soft shake. Good sign!

Now its :drool: time.

Congratulations! Now it’s PHOTOS time! ;-P

Faj

10/3/19
At the moment the light is not good - but well, a cheap handy shot Samsung A -
so nobody could say, I am just bla bla bla.
They shine factor is just woow.

I find the bracelets great, but its still wrapped.
And I know them all model ARF BP & Co

I would think finer dimension would be to lady like to me.

It feels perfect, but maybe its just the endorphin after so long waiting time,
and world wide political situation - esp. in China.

But I am sure already that Lucy, did a great job on me - like usual.
za05Tj.jpg

about 6 month waiting time ... it has been 4 month, but certainly felt like 6 ... :eek:hwell:

Last edited: