• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Ciao a tutti , scusate, ma mi sembra di aver capito che è impossibile trovare un GMT master 2 di alta qualità, o sbaglio ?

Frate c'è una sezione italiana, qui ci sono solo posts in inglese.

Sielagh

Horology Curious
24/7/22
As a newbie here this thread is incredibly uselful. I want to go for a really good rep as my first one, and it's helping a lot. Thank you.

Enviado desde mi Pixel 6 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: dsk2004 and Omagad

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
The list is kept pretty up to date to be fair.
The means of adding a watch to the list is via a consensus of posters who would be "experts".

If say a VSF Rolex is a potential super rep?
There's usually a specific thread opened on that sub-forum with a yes/no poll and asking for discussion of the watch and its flaws.
If it gains a consensus?
@Omagad adds it and updates the list accordingly.

The list is really a well curated collection of expert opinions. The work @Omagad does in maintaining it is fantastic and it's very much appreciated.

Reactions: jp13abk

Sober_Jesus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/22
North.
I'm back :)

I've not seen a consensual update to do tho. I'll do some digging.
Ayy ! Just wanted to say thank you for your work on this legendary thread & list.

When considering an "update", I could see a V2 or spinoff where the list only includes versions that are available outside of the M2M, Buy Sell Trade type interactions. For example, many of the PAM's on the list are Noob....which is wicked helpful to have the rep model that is the best of the best. Great way to see what one should be looking for. I'll compare new offerings from TD's to detailed photos and reviews of reps on your list, instead of of gens sometimes.

That being said, I think a lot of people would love to know if *NewModel 123ABC* is close to the model on the NWBIG list that was made by a factory/group that is no longer an option. If not, that's good info too! I can see all sorts of issues / challenges keeping something like that up to date - and then people trying to understand if they are buying whats on the list, or something titled and marketed very similarly. I can't imagine this is a unique or novel suggestion / idea I'm bringing up - but figured perhaps it's worth mentioning.

As a rookie, reading this thread was like hitting a jackpot. Seeing watches I wanted on it - jackpot again! 95% being pretty darn hard or impossible to find...took the wind out of my sales a bit. Obviously there's still great value in the list and constant posting that goes on here, but if the best rep history has to offer for a watch I want isn't available, without going pre-owned, I'd have loved to gotten some info about the next best thing(s) and some education as to what they lack compared to the NWBIG original listed version. Maybe that takes all the fun out of it and makes it too much spoon feeding for all the people who stop in and write the "Where can I get the best Rolex that's as good as gen and fast shipping and maybe like 100 bucks" posts. Maybe it's too opinion based and this type of discussion should live within each brands forum area? Plenty of specialized brand experts to help out from what I've seen.

Many thanks again - whatever 'update' content you put out will be greatly appreciated without a doubt.

Reactions: jp13abk

Arcin666

Horology Curious
11/8/22
"NOT ACCEPTED as NWBIGs/Super Reps (naked eye instant tell(s)/waiting for update)
Tudor BB Red Rose Edition ZF - V4/V5 "

I'm just thinking to buy this version in red, zf V5, anyone knows if they are changed or have more reviews?

That's said that this version is not as good as others nwbigs, right? (I'm noob) i'm justo searching this version but i don't want to waste my money in rubish watches

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Ayy ! Just wanted to say thank you for your work on this legendary thread & list.

When considering an "update", I could see a V2 or spinoff where the list only includes versions that are available outside of the M2M, Buy Sell Trade type interactions. For example, many of the PAM's on the list are Noob....which is wicked helpful to have the rep model that is the best of the best. Great way to see what one should be looking for. I'll compare new offerings from TD's to detailed photos and reviews of reps on your list, instead of of gens sometimes.

That being said, I think a lot of people would love to know if *NewModel 123ABC* is close to the model on the NWBIG list that was made by a factory/group that is no longer an option. If not, that's good info too! I can see all sorts of issues / challenges keeping something like that up to date - and then people trying to understand if they are buying whats on the list, or something titled and marketed very similarly. I can't imagine this is a unique or novel suggestion / idea I'm bringing up - but figured perhaps it's worth mentioning.

As a rookie, reading this thread was like hitting a jackpot. Seeing watches I wanted on it - jackpot again! 95% being pretty darn hard or impossible to find...took the wind out of my sales a bit. Obviously there's still great value in the list and constant posting that goes on here, but if the best rep history has to offer for a watch I want isn't available, without going pre-owned, I'd have loved to gotten some info about the next best thing(s) and some education as to what they lack compared to the NWBIG original listed version. Maybe that takes all the fun out of it and makes it too much spoon feeding for all the people who stop in and write the "Where can I get the best Rolex that's as good as gen and fast shipping and maybe like 100 bucks" posts. Maybe it's too opinion based and this type of discussion should live within each brands forum area? Plenty of specialized brand experts to help out from what I've seen.

Many thanks again - whatever 'update' content you put out will be greatly appreciated without a doubt.

Thanks. This has been addressed many times before in the thread, I hope you'll find it :)

silver_alpha

7/1/15
Is the LF Blackbay 41 considered NWBIG? Design is pretty simple and I would assume it's something that can be perfected easily...

Sober_Jesus

25/7/22
North.
Thanks. This has been addressed many times before in the thread, I hope you'll find it :)
I've flipped through all the pages, but I must have been looking for something else and scanned past this info. Not sure if it existed on the old version or not - but the" search this thread only" function is an awesome new find (to me) - previous searches returned too many scattered results. This will be helpful for a bunch of things in long threads.

Cheers!

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
"NOT ACCEPTED as NWBIGs/Super Reps (naked eye instant tell(s)/waiting for update)
Tudor BB Red Rose Edition ZF - V4/V5 "

I'm just thinking to buy this version in red, zf V5, anyone knows if they are changed or have more reviews?

That's said that this version is not as good as others nwbigs, right? (I'm noob) i'm justo searching this version but i don't want to waste my money in rubish watches
There are two versions of the gen BB heritage , the first version had a modified ETA the 7922OR which had a Rose logo dial .This was repped and not accepted as a NWBIG due to a dial misprint and a few minor flaws . This rep has been reissued by ZF and still has these flaws . The second version of the gen was the 7923ON which had a inhouse movement and a different dial the ' shield dial '. This was repped and is a NWBIG super rep .

Long explanation for don't buy the ZF Rose version , buy the ZF V4/V5 ** SHIELD VERSION *** and you have the best verion and a cheap NWBIG for want of a better word 'Super rep'.