• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 4500v

Hussain1986

Known Member
11/3/21
No words at how great the blue dial is - from almost black to a beautiful blue. Best rep dial I’ve ever seen.

zKMA5s.jpg

zKMUKk.jpg

zKMLBY.jpg

zKMeRD.jpg

zKMW9o.jpg

wow this is really a nice piece! Wear it in good health mate!

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
So with all this talk about dials messing up, my TD gave me my QC today and would like your guys opinions on if the dial is centered correctly. Would appreciate outside perspective.

I think the dial is aligned to me, but would appreciate other opinions. Especially with an issue this prevalent.

For a quick qc video: https://streamable.com/035py7

zKVfmX.jpg
zKVNcc.jpg
zKVE4I.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hussain1986

Hussain1986

Known Member
11/3/21
So with all this talk about dials messing up, my TD gave me my QC today and would like your guys opinions on if the dial is centered correctly. Would appreciate outside perspective.

I think the dial is aligned to me, but would appreciate other opinions. Especially with an issue this prevalent.

For a quick qc video: https://streamable.com/035py7

zKVfmX.jpg
zKVNcc.jpg
zKVE4I.jpg

i’d say it’s 95% aligned. I would accept this. If you reject it, i’ll take it ! Lol!

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
i’d say it’s 95% aligned. I would accept this. If you reject it, i’ll take it ! Lol!

Thanks. Have you looked at the video? In pics it seems weirdly misaligned slightly but the video makes it seem on point

Last edited:

alohajet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/21
Los angeles
In most of the misaligned examples, the date window seems rotated slightly counterclockwise to me. At least that where my eyes go right away.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Mate that looks great! Which TD?

Thanks, my dealer is not a TD on this forum, so I am not sure if it is permissible to say. I will say though that he did not have any in stock and ordered directly from ZF once I placed my order, and the first one they sent to him had a broken clasp, so getting a good one is random, My TD has had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: nikits

Kurichod

Looking Around
19/8/20
Hi guys,

Quick question, i have one of these watches with a misaligned dial, looks like it's slightly twisted anti clockwise. The watch is amazing otherwise, i'm just gutted i did not spot it on QC initially, i was travelling and looking at the pictures on my phone. I don't want to mention which TD i got it from as It's my own fault!. I just wanted to know if it is something that can be adjusted or fixed by a decent watchsmith? or is it something that can't be done.

Also if there are any watchsmiths/modders on here from the UK that are trusted, please let me know.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Hi guys,

Quick question, i have one of these watches with a misaligned dial, looks like it's slightly twisted anti clockwise. The watch is amazing otherwise, i'm just gutted i did not spot it on QC initially, i was travelling and looking at the pictures on my phone. I don't want to mention which TD i got it from as It's my own fault!. I just wanted to know if it is something that can be adjusted or fixed by a decent watchsmith? or is it something that can't be done.

Also if there are any watchsmiths/modders on here from the UK that are trusted, please let me know.

I doubt TDs can spot things like that - we only know because we have either lived with the watch for sometime or Someone here draw some lines on a pic and made us aware of a potential issue.

Eitherway, reach out to ado213 for help.

Sent from the RWI App

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Hi guys,

How bad is it?
If you rotate the dial your date may then not be aligned properly in the window. That might be a harder fix, which is not to suggest that changing the dial orientation is easy. That might involve removing the dial feet and repositioning them, or finding an alternate way to situate the dial.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard

Yeah dude, that's a bad one... The date does look ok, so if you imagine rotating the dial without adjusting the date wheel the date would be way off. I'm not sure how to adjust the date alignment, but I'm sure one of the wizards around here could help you. The dial may have to have the feet removed and reattached with an adhesive or have new feet soldered on.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
My take on the rotated dial is the issue is really with the the datewheel overlay alignment (dial rotated to fit date in window). Getting the overlay reapplied my solve the issue.

My datewheel, like several other examples, has a left justified date on all numbers so reapplying wont help me. I wonder if latest examples are all centre aligned? Alternatively had anyone come across a genuine datewheel anywhere?