• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Batman

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I didn't like the jubille on BLNR initially, but now I can't decide between this one and the oyster :D

I hate Rolex for this. Making two perfect bracelets that makes me unable to decide on their GMT and DJ. Shame on them.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Aha I agree, Rolex is not making it easy for us. Initially I was of the same opinion as you Sonofalich , but then the BLRO looks much better on a jubilee IMO, so where do you draw the line for a BLNR?

:)

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I feel that the perception of BLRO looks better with the jubilee is more of a historical reason from the Pan Am model

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Hi guys, my apologies if this has already been covered but I have just received this watch and it is running at about +60 seconds/day.
From the pics on the TD site, it looks like the regulator arm is obscured by the automatic works.
Is it possible to regulate the VR3186 without removing the automatic works?

Tobel

6/7/17
Hi guys, sorry I can't find anymore the reference of the part that is required to fix the bezel action. Could someone kindly share again? Does it have to be gen or are there aftermarket ones that work as well?

And also can anyone confirm that the gen datewheel should be for 116610 3135 movement?

Thanks a ton

Last edited:

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Hi guys, sorry I can't find anymore the reference of the part that is required to fix the bezel action. Could someone kindly share again? Does it have to be gen or are there aftermarket ones that work as well?

And also can anyone confirm that the gen datewheel should be for 116610 3135 movement?

Thanks a ton
[h=1]316-116750-2-C5[/h]
Both gen and rep will work

Reactions: tlander13

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Hi guys, my apologies if this has already been covered but I have just received this watch and it is running at about +60 seconds/day.
From the pics on the TD site, it looks like the regulator arm is obscured by the automatic works.
Is it possible to regulate the VR3186 without removing the automatic works?

+60 sounds like it got magnetized, test it with a compass or a smartphone app before you try to regulate it. If it's magnetized get yourself a cheap demagnetizer or ask a local watchsmith to demagnetize it

Reactions: Pietros

Tobel

6/7/17
I just received my QC pics and it seems like the 18 blue black transition is a little low and the rehaut engraving not as well aligned as what I've seen in the bottom right quadrant.

Has anyone recently received QC with better transition and rehaut alignment? Could you share please?

If it's a batch issue I'll accept but I'm trying to know if it makes sense to ask for another one, since I'm gonna be frankening it I'm a bit pickier than usual

Tobel

6/7/17
These are the latest batch of batgirls from clean.

The bezel insert has had a silent update and they are Cleaner than usual (pun intended, without sarcasm)

The speed bumps seem to nonexistent anymore.

Thanks for sharing, this one does look good indeed!

Don5665

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/19
Bangalore, India
Just out of curiosity and my observation, does the blue part on the gen seem to be a few mm more towards the 8 in the 18 then the clean?

mchulst1

Known Member
22/10/19
CONUS (SC)
So do we have any consensus on what parts are worth upgrading for a CF Franken Build. I have gen crystal, Dial, and Hands. Gen click spring, tension ring, crown and tube on the way. Also looking adding a gen jumping hour module. Don’t think the datewheel is necessary. Anything that I’m overlooking or anything here not worth it. I know it’s all subjective. Just like to draw on other peoples experience building their own frankens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morg77

Horology Curious
1/2/21

These are the latest batch of batgirls from clean.

The bezel insert has had a silent update and they are Cleaner than usual (pun intended, without sarcasm)

The speed bumps seem to nonexistent anymore.

How was the bezel action on the last batch?

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
So do we have any consensus on what parts are worth upgrading for a CF Franken Build. I have gen crystal, Dial, and Hands. Gen click spring, tension ring, crown and tube on the way. Also looking adding a gen jumping hour module. Don’t think the datewheel is necessary. Anything that I’m overlooking or anything here not worth it. I know it’s all subjective. Just like to draw on other peoples experience building their own frankens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you have gen dial and hands for 116710 bro;-)