• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

ApIcedOutt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/19
Hi mate,

as I don't want to go against the qc rules of the forum (watch is on it's way) I erased visible dealer informations in the pictures). So I hope the pictures will help you.

Have a nice sunday :)

thank you very much :)
looks good. wonder if it is a clean bezel. also SEL looks tight so im assuming they fixed that?

Last edited:

Wricksen

Horology Curious
2/3/22
​​​​I just got the Gen and VSF in Blue recently.

In my opinion, they are really very close.
I had difficulty differentiating gen from rep while I had them side by side. Got them mixed up a few times.

I wasn't able to weigh them but they feel similar.

To me, the VSF is great ootb without mods.
Seems like the gen white gold bezel and the rep bezel shines the same. Not sure if the rep will maintain the same shine down the road.

If you're on a waiting list for a gen, I feel that the VSF might be good for satisfying your Datejust itch.

These are just some of my personal observations.
- Subtle differences like the crystal and date wheel.
- The crystal height on the rep is also higher.
- Rehaut engraving is more crisp on gen.
- Winding is smoother on gen.

I have attached some side by side pictures for us to view.

​​​​​​

*The Gen is on the left, Rep on the right.

I got the Gen on oyster bracelet. But the VSF Jubilee fits the gen just fine.

is the vsf case really that off from gen like people keep saying?!
I honestly can't stop it. I really have to look HARD to see a very slight difference in lugs and case shape.
am I missing something?

chrisomatic

22/6/15
I am not sure about the VSF Datejust batches if they still use the Xtal they used before. Somehow it looks like they are using the Crystal from the CF Datejusts.

were there any improvements to the prior batches? Like the braclet?

chrisomatic

22/6/15
I am not sure about the VSF Datejust batches if they still use the Xtal they used before. Somehow it looks like they are using the Crystal from the CF Datejusts.

referring to the new VSF Datejust batches which are being sold now.

Jonathann

14/8/18
Got my qc too and wanted to share another vsf to add to the discussion. I’ve had a few comments saying CF crystal but I’m not 100%.

chrisomatic

22/6/15
I love this combination :) will mix my Vsf (when it is there in the same way (probably I will change my original crystal and bezel from clean to Vsf

Just curious, do you like the CF bezel more than the VSF?
gen Xtal is always a great idea.

btw: also in this QC it looks like VSF is not using their great pre raid Crystals. Seems they are using now more like a CF Datejust xtal, which is a huge downgrade imo.

mettmett

Known Member
10/8/15
GERMANY
Just curious, do you like the CF bezel more than the VSF?
gen Xtal is always a great idea.

btw: also in this QC it looks like VSF is not using their great pre raid Crystals. Seems they are using now more like a CF Datejust xtal, which is a huge downgrade imo.

No, I meant I will change my original smooth bezel (which is actually mounted on my DJ clean) onto the Vsf.

I will also change my original xtal onto the Vsf.

And You are right. Onto the QC pics it locks like they used the clean xtal. My Vsf sub xtal is mich more better than my cleam DJ xtal (too milky).

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20

It's not the CF DJ crystal. You can clearly see the difference if you look at the edges of the crystal. In the VSF you'll see a reflection of the hour markers and even the minute markers if close enough looking slightly tilted. This you'll never see in the CF crystal since they have an extra bevel that distorts the refraction.

Reactions: Teddy Perkins

mettmett

Known Member
10/8/15
GERMANY
It's not the CF DJ crystal. You can clearly see the difference if you look at the edges of the crystal. In the VSF you'll see a reflection of the hour markers and even the minute markers if close enough looking slightly tilted. This you'll never see in the CF crystal since they have an extra bevel that distorts the refraction.

the knowledge in this forum is outstanding :).

chrisomatic

22/6/15

Thanks for your feedback mate! So you are saying the CF Crystal is better than current VSF DJ Xtals, just for my understanding.

ApIcedOutt

5/6/19
Thanks for your feedback mate! So you are saying the CF Crystal is better than current VSF DJ Xtals, just for my understanding.

Cf crystal aren’t bad like everyone else making it seem.
But still Vsf is better imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20

No, vsf is better. More gen like in the construction. Cf crystal doesnt reflect the hours markers since they have an extra bevel that should never have been there. You can check either yourself with a loupe or in the CF DJ thread in the forum a couple of months back theres pictures showing the extra bevel. This is what gives the cf crystal the milky edges. These edges that will be far from gen like...

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
For me the CF Cyclops is a instant tell, the dubbele edge i can live with. But the disortion on the Cyclops, Nooope.