• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
Decided to send off my 3kf to BUFF to get the works... Not penny pinching at the moment and I've fallen in love with the 5711 so I'm going to be getting him to do the works. Just receieved it from Hont and the movement is a bit dodgy. Hont agreed to the return of course but since I need to send it back to China anyway I've decided to go all in with a BUFF overhaul.

Here's what I'm getting:
  • BUFF Blue Dial
  • BUFF Datewheel
  • BUFF Hands
  • Complete re-finishing
  • Movement noise reduction
For 4500. He's going to service the movement for an additional 500.

Possibly steep, but I'm not too bothered on this one. I'm never going to get the original so I can throw a bit of cash at making the best possible facsimile

Should have spoken to AMF

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Folks, I'm trying to directly reach out watchbuff on WeChat but it's quite hard for me because I'm not familiar with this app, I don't speak Chinese and the app has only Chinese interface on my Android phone. When I searched for watchbuff WeChat found me a user named 98 Studio. Is it watchbuff?

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
Folks, I'm trying to directly reach out watchbuff on WeChat but it's quite hard for me because I'm not familiar with this app, I don't speak Chinese and the app has only Chinese interface on my Android phone. When I searched for watchbuff WeChat found me a user named 98 Studio. Is it watchbuff?

Why don’t you speak with AMF, a trusted TD?? They speak English for a start.

Samgobigs

11/2/20

That’s what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
AMF will charge you a serious markup on parts. Foe example, we got date wheels for 70 USD pr piece, AMF wanted 180 USD :)

Reactions: Mercedesslr

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
AMF will charge you a serious markup on parts. Foe example, we got date wheels for 70 USD pr piece, AMF wanted 180 USD :)

At buyers risk I guess. Buy off a non TD, especially for this amount of cash is the OPs decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12

$70 per date wheel is cheap. the quote for shipping is quite high. would be helpful to have some type of group buy to someone trustworthy :woohoo:

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I wish Buff would be an English speaking TD here even with some markup.

ubi_dubi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/07
has anyone reached out to buff lately for a fully built green dial? I read the entire thread and people were saying they were quoted 7k for everything but now he's asking 8k for what I am assuming is the "package"

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
has anyone reached out to buff lately for a fully built green dial? I read the entire thread and people were saying they were quoted 7k for everything but now he's asking 8k for what I am assuming is the "package"

AMF, Geez guys, why deal with a non TD??? [mention]AMF [/mention] are the go to guys here for these builds!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cadows

lboyin

Horology Curious
29/8/13
Canada

This is the price list I received from him yesterday:

Dial 1600
hands 800
datewheel 500
installation 300
noise reeducation 200
crown ?? 300 (可动头粒, chinese is limited, not sure what this means)
case refinish 300

Reactions: grillbrill

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
can anybody do me a favor? Ask him what they plan to do after they finish busy working on the PP Tiffany and NTPT diw stuff. Thanks. We have had enough parts for 5711 indeed. I can contact him directly but questions like this would get more valuable answers if asked from foreigners like you. Thanks!

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
This is the price list I received from him yesterday:

Dial 1600
hands 800
datewheel 500
installation 300
noise reeducation 200
crown ?? 300 (可动头粒, chinese is limited, not sure what this means)
case refinish 300

Dollars???

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
can anybody do me a favor? Ask him what they plan to do after they finish busy working on the PP Tiffany and NTPT diw stuff. Thanks. We have had enough parts for 5711 indeed. I can contact him directly but questions like this would get more valuable answers if asked from foreigners like you. Thanks!

Logical step (imo) would be 5712 dial but we’ll see.

hava

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/11/06
I don´t find Watchbuzz in wechat, change the name? i have a contact in China can too can´t find it.

He can make these in Carbon?
Designa-Individual-Carbon-Patek-Philippe-Nautilus-5711-2.jpg

Last edited:

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
I don´t find Watchduzz in wechat, change the name? i have a contact in China can too can´t find it.

He can make these in Carbon?
Designa-Individual-Carbon-Patek-Philippe-Nautilus-5711-2.jpg

watchbuff

make sure to ask what they plan to do after working on Pp tiffany and this diw ntpt stuff. thanks.