• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut review

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
Guys, Ado213 has done some investigations and he has managed to build a stronger stem that fits the 324 cal movement. This may help a lot of members with the same issue as myself with the snapped stems..

The reduced part of the rep stem is 0.38 and is also not aligned correctly so is likely the reason these stems are snapping. The modded stem he has made for me is much thicker and is working perfectly. If you need one drop him a message I'm sure he will be happy to help.

Also some of you may have noticed the manual date set does not line the DW up correctly in the dial window, but the quick set does. Does anybody know why this is the case?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Quoting this post to reference for later. Still looking for a watchsmith in the NE US to use for stuff like this

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
anyone have issues with the date function on these 3KF clone movements ? mine is stuck on 31, and doesn't advance by setting the time or quickset. With quickset, turning the crown clockwise I get a lot of resistance and put as much tension on it as I felt I could without breaking the stem, and it doesn't budge. I can wind and set the time fine, just the date is f'd up...

APpee

22/4/20
London, UK
Does anybody happen to know if the 3kf case tube is a push fit or screw fit??

APpee

22/4/20
London, UK
Anybody bought a recent 3kf 5167? Noticed on TD site there's new listing from sept wondering if there's any qc pics around from the last couple of weeks

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Anybody bought a recent 3kf 5167? Noticed on TD site there's new listing from sept wondering if there's any qc pics around from the last couple of weeks

where is that list?I want to see it myself

APpee

22/4/20
London, UK
On trusty site there are two new listings for 3kf 5167 posted sept. Wondering if there's any upgrades from previous versions (noted straps are different colours)

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Last edited:

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
On trusty site there are two new listings for 3kf 5167 posted sept. Wondering if there's any upgrades from previous versions (noted straps are different colours)

Found them myself.
Did 3KF use 2 different dials in the two variants? The dials look different! Take a look at the lume color and you will see.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Bezel looks different in these models too. But hard to tell completely from the type of images. Wondering if there's any case improvements

In what ways are the bezels of the 2 variants different from those of regular 5167a? I cannot spot a difference in the bezel part…

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
legend lives up to his name with this truly gorgeous 3kf aquanaut mod. Reshaped case, relumed, polished, serviced. Best watch in the box.

Did he relume the dial and the markers? I wanted to relume the dial instead of the hands but I fear I will mess up the squares and the margins may look fuzzy

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Relumed dial not hands

Is it done well? A special tool is probably needed to draw the frame first or it cannot be done well. It requires more glue in the lume and a pair of stable hands too.

Do you have more pictures of the lume done on your watch? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Sonofalich

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Should have relumed the hands as well. They look ghost white in comparison to the dial.

Reactions: BIONONE