• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

RetFed

Renowned Member
23/3/14
I keep hearing that wg should have a slight yellowish hue, which steel obviously does not have. A yellow highlighter pen has been used by some ppl to imitate that hue to some effect, but that will wear out in time.

Haven't seen a wg gen tho, so this is just hearsay. Take it with a pinch of salt.

White gold on a Rolex is nowhere near the same color as SS. Also the weight is noticeably heavier when handling and wearing. Where you really see the goldfish hue of white gold is in bright lighting or sunshine.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Guys, I got two VSF 12116610LV/LN recently from Li and my opinion after two week of having them in hand is that my ARF 116610LN SH3135 is the exact same quality if not better. As someone has pointed out, VSF subs are great reps but there was created a hype around them that doesnt make sense. ARF subs (at leats the one I own 3 years old) are on the same league and have better bracelet plus not having the issues with the bezel acction and the Sels. Wait for VSF to come back or go for ARF but again I am not an expert.

DW font on arf is not so good.
VSF xtal is better, the movement is is very well finished, better bezel and dial and better hands. There might be more but that's what I can remember ad hoc.

Beefcake

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/7/21
Got mine in the mail yesterday! First rep. My first impression: wow, this thing is nicer than I thought it would be. It looks nice in the pictures, but man, in the hand/on the wrist, it just pops. Jokes aside (it looks smaller than I thought), the small details look smaller than I expected, and look really good. The crystal etching is hard to see with the naked eye for example, but I have a cheap loupe I used to see it. It looks great.

Down side: a couple of the dw numbers are not centered, some are. The sels are really bad. You wont notice it from a distance, and it doesn't stick out too much in the photos, but they are uneven and stick up above the lugs on one side. They are so bad I might try to replace them if I can find better parts. 1lq bracelet code. So, like other people have opined, there does seem to be some variation in the sel quality for these, because I have seen pics of this vsf with much better sels (although still not perfect).

Overall I am happy, and the sels don't stick up so much that its obvious from a distance, so if I have to live with it, I will get used to them. Watch looks great overall.

jAIFUJ.jpg

ASATGMURES

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/20
Romania
Hi guys, what bezel will fit vs case, - beside original :) - i need to change the blue bezel (only this watch is still available) with the black one? Thanks!

Mc Queen

Renowned Member
11/10/20
Italy
Hi guys, what bezel will fit vs case, - beside original :) - i need to change the blue bezel (only this watch is still available) with the black one? Thanks!

If you change the insert you also should change the polished bracelet with a brushed one.

Reactions: Doc.77

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
is the ARF crown better too?

Too?

In my humble opinion VSF is clearly superior than the ARF.

Especially ARF watches from 3 years ago are not on the same level as VSF watches now.

But if skymaster likes his watch, there is nothing to add. As long as one can enjoy his watch there is nothing to change.
We are in this game to enjoy watches and appreciate their design and craftsmanship.

Last edited:

Bas4241

Horology Curious
25/7/21
Santa Barbara
Hi guys, I tried the wtb forum with no luck. I need at least one and preferably 2 links for a 126610 LV. My bracelet is very snug on my large wrist. If you have any ideas please reply or pm me. I can pay right away if you have some extras available. Thanks!

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Hi guys, I tried the wtb forum with no luck. I need at least one and preferably 2 links for a 126610 LV. My bracelet is very snug on my large wrist. If you have any ideas please reply or pm me. I can pay right away if you have some extras available. Thanks!

Just buy some from ebay its full of aftermarket ones.

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
Too?

In my opinion VSF is clearly superior than the ARF.

Especially ARF watches from 3 years ago are not on the same level as VSF watches now.

But if skymaster likes his watch, there is nothing to add. As long as one can enjoy his watch there is nothing to change.
We are in this game to enjoy watches and appreciate their design and craftsmanship.

i read that some ARF parts are better then the VSF parts. thats why i ask :)

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
i read that some ARF parts are better then the VSF parts. thats why i ask :)

For sure some parts will be better. I think the bracelet in general is one of them. I really can't say anything about the crown.

You can compare it in the 116610lv "who has the best hulk" review from Angus.

mew

18/12/15
Germany
Just got my VSF from LI and loving it so far! I realised that since it has 21mm lug width one could perfectly swap out the steel bracelet for an Oysterflex from the Yacht Master 42. Li confirmed that he has the oysterflex in stock - has anyone tried this? I think throwing it on a rubber could improve the comfort even more and would give it a unique look.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Bas4241

Horology Curious
25/7/21
Santa Barbara
Just buy some from ebay its full of aftermarket ones.

I only found one on EBay, from the Texas seller, but I don’t believe it’s correct. It says it is 15.5 mm wide, which won’t fit. I emailed them about it and they said they would look into it. They seemed unaware that the 126610 bracelet is different than the 116610. I think they are just selling the links they already had.

I got my watch from Hont and he says no links or bracelets are available.

Since so many people have to remove links I thought there would be lots of people who would like to sell them, but apparently they want to hold on to them.

If you know of anything else please let me know. Thanks!

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Just got my VSF from LI and loving it so far! I realised that since it has 21mm lug width one could perfectly swap out the steel bracelet for an Oysterflex from the Yacht Master 42. Li confirmed that he has the oysterflex in stock - has anyone tried this? I think throwing it on a rubber could improve the comfort even more and would give it a unique look.

Yes, I've tried it.
Looks too bulky on the sub, as it is made to go on the more recessed holes that the Yachtmaster has.

mew

18/12/15
Germany
Yes, I've tried it.
Looks too bulky on the sub, as it is made to go on the more recessed holes that the Yachtmaster has.
Ah that's interesting to hear, could you post some pictures for the community here to see? I would greatly appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-G9810 using Tapatalk

Bas4241

Horology Curious
25/7/21
Santa Barbara
What a great watch this vsf Kermit is! By the way I got my LV from Hont. Delivered in about 10 days to California. Amazing! It is perfect to my amateur eyes….runs +5 seconds/day to my pleasant surprise. I will put it on my machine and might get it closer although I would probably be stupid to adjust it when it is this close. But I am a natural born button pusher!

I learned a lot from everyone here and I thank you all! -Bret

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

Li has the VSF 21mm Oysterflex in stock?

Reactions: Obelard