• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Clarkent

SuperfranKent®️
Gold Patron
Certified
12/9/19
Smallville
Clean looks better than the genuine LOL.......................

eb20a034c8a41b024cb9c4dd19ca597c.jpg

1,3 k vs 17 k better than the genuine : D

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Henskyveg

Horology Curious
27/5/21

Hi guys, I'm super new to this forum.
I will like to check with the OG in this forum do this Pepsi look fine to you guys gotten it with a China dealer that mod all his watches before shipping.

MtnMover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/7/21
Had to RL mine due to flaw in print on the dial and a awkwardly high date wheel. I expect to do a crystal and bezel lip mod straight away but other than that I just want a nice example OOTB :/

Linear

9/6/16
Despite the flaws, I still really like this rep. I also attempted to sand down the bezel a bit to add a "lip". Other than a couple of hours the bracelet spent in a baby oil bath, it hasn't left my wrist since it arrived.

Has it already been mentioned that it's stamped with "116710" between the lugs instead of 126710?
1ac8184f6a2cf4178237fe21bd02b594.jpg

Last edited:

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Linear Looks amazing! Let us know which method you used for the bezel lip, if it is easy DIY?

Glad people are enjoying it for what it is, and overlooking some silly flaws that exist. I have mine on the way, super excited to say the least.

Linear

9/6/16
Linear Looks amazing! Let us know which method you used for the bezel lip, if it is easy DIY?

Glad people are enjoying it for what it is, and overlooking some silly flaws that exist. I have mine on the way, super excited to say the least.
I used pretty much the exact process that Replisimio described back in post #1081 (thanks for that BTW) - popped the bezel off, removed the insert (just held in place with double sided adhesive), started with 2500 grit sandpaper using a die from an old crystal press to apply even pressure from the top to sand it down a little. Then moved to 5000 grit and finally 7000 grit. I actually did it twice as the first time it was hardly noticeable.

I also used very flat surface. My workbench surface is made of MDF and seemed to work well.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

MtnMover

31/7/21
Despite the flaws, I still really like this rep. I also attempted to sand down the bezel a bit to add a "lip". Other than a couple of hours the bracelet spent in a baby oil bath, it hasn't left my wrist since it arrived.

Having that litte bit of polished steel bordering the insert just helps it pop even more. Very nicely done! I'm definitely doing this when I get my hands on one.

Reactions: Linear

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
It could be very well be the placebo effect or just speculation. Who knows?

Some Factories have released silent updates in the past so it wouldn't shock me if CLEAN is doing the same.

VSF did a silent update with their datejust dials.

CLEAN is a little shady with their operations. They could have released a lot of bad ones in their "initial offering" and saved the good ones later on. Like with their Batman Release...

All I can say is that I'm fairly satisfied with my Pepsi!

My Current Pepsi:
jhcI0W.jpg

CF Pepsi from "Jtime/Earlier Batch"
jhcytQ.jpg

It could very well be lighting so I'll need to take more photos when I can. I'll leave you guys to be the judge

Mate they are two different watches the dials are different as well the watch on the left is not a CF unless they changed the dial as well. Something fishy going on, def gen in this photo

Plus it’d make sense to send out a good batch to begin with and get great reviews so people kept ordering them and filter the crappy ones in later on, but It makes no sense to send out a shit first batch if they had good inserts lying around, or had them in production…., It’s an insert for Christ sake. knowing they’d get backlash for this so called initial bezel batch it’s a really stupid business decision.

lastly how come your the only one with this new batch insert lol Why hasn’t anyone else received one exactly the same.

lets get some close up pics of your colour
transitions im interested in seeing this inserts engravings up close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

A-wandererX23

5/10/20
Mate they are two different watches the dials are different as well the watch on the left is not a CF unless they changed the dial as well. Something fishy going on, def gen in this photo

You do know the left pepsi in the picture of the "earlier" batch is claimed to be "GEN" by a user sfbatman787 so I'll have him to explain what's happening here... If he lied that his watch was a "GEN", then he lied.

Also, I didn't mean to say both watches in the picture was CF. I thought it was obvious the CF watch was on the right.

Plus it’d make sense to send out a good batch to begin with and get great reviews so people kept ordering them and filter the crappy ones in later on, but It makes no sense to send out a shit first batch if they had good inserts lying around, or had them in production…., It’s an insert for Christ sake. knowing they’d get backlash for this so called initial bezel batch it’s a really stupid business decision.

lastly how come your the only one with this new batch insert lol Why hasn’t anyone else received one exactly the same.

I got no idea mate if mine is really an "updated batch". I use Chinese Dealers who aren't TDs here for my rep watch purchases so I can get "batches" meant for Chinese Locals which can be different from the ones that "export dealers like Jtime or Puretime" get.

You don't need to take my word for it. Just take a look at "S39" Serial in VSF 116610 Submariners. There was a S39 batch that wasn't as known here because it was primarily sold in China. Source

You can disagree with my statement here but I believe that CF would like to focus on the Local Chinese market so your idea that "it makes more sense to give better inserts to RWI/export dealers" is flawed imo. Most Chinese Locals never even heard of RWI or even go to Google to search for their reps. Most websites like this is blocked in China and require a VPN.

So, CLEAN would be better off selling these inferior batches to export dealers so the so called "negative feedback" doesn't reach their main market in China.

Just look at them selling CF Batman Inserts with Speedbumps, while in their teaser pictures had no speedbumps. I believe CF had a problem with manufacturing their batman inserts and decided to offload here instead of disposing them. Most Chinese Dealers haven't been even given access to the Batman GMTs because an inferior batch released to Chinese locals can be hurtful to CF business model in China.

If you still believe replicas are mainly sold to "only foreigners or people of RWI", Just take a look of this Chinese dealer's order list in 1 day:

That's roughly a 1000 watches sold in only one day. I would be happy to be proven wrong but I don't think most TDs here can match these sales in a day. Like I said in my previous statement, Most replica factories still rely on the "Chinese Local Market" for most of their sales so selling an inferior batch to the "foreigners" and keeping the good batch for the locals isn't a far fetched idea in my opinion.

I'll take more pictures of my Pepsi when the weather clears up.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
You do know the left pepsi in the picture of the "earlier" batch is claimed to be "GEN" by a user sfbatman787 so I'll have him to explain what's happening here... If he lied that his watch was a "GEN", then he lied.

Also, I didn't mean to say both watches in the picture was CF. I thought it was obvious the CF watch was on the right.

I got no idea mate if mine is really an "updated batch". I use Chinese Dealers who aren't TDs here for my rep watch purchases so I can get "batches" meant for Chinese Locals which can be different from the ones that "export dealers like Jtime or Puretime" get.

You don't need to take my word for it. Just take a look at "S39" Serial in VSF 116610 Submariners. There was a S39 batch that wasn't as known here because it was primarily sold in China. Source

You can disagree with my statement here but I believe that CF would like to focus on the Local Chinese market so your idea that "it makes more sense to give better inserts to RWI/export dealers" is flawed imo. Most Chinese Locals never even heard of RWI or even go to Google to search for their reps. Most websites like this is blocked in China and require a VPN.

So, CLEAN would be better off selling these inferior batches to export dealers so the so called "negative feedback" doesn't reach their main market in China.

Just look at them selling CF Batman Inserts with Speedbumps, while in their teaser pictures had no speedbumps. I believe CF had a problem with manufacturing their batman inserts and decided to offload here instead of disposing them. Most Chinese Dealers haven't been even given access to the Batman GMTs because an inferior batch released to Chinese locals can be hurtful to CF business model in China.

If you still believe replicas are mainly sold to "only foreigners or people of RWI", Just take a look of this Chinese dealer's order list in 1 day:
j2LQX3.jpg

That's roughly a 1000 watches sold in only one day. I would be happy to be proven wrong but I don't think most TDs here can match these sales in a day. Like I said in my previous statement, Most replica factories still rely on the "Chinese Local Market" for most of their sales so selling an inferior batch to the "foreigners" and keeping the good batch for the locals isn't a far fetched idea in my opinion.

Sorry I’m not trying to prove you wrong and thought the pic in question was of your watch next to the “first batch” CF made. I can only comment to what info is available here as I have no feet on the ground in China. I guess if I knew this info and it was more available to us here we could understand more about what’s happening and it may have saved a lot of speculation on what CF is up to. Thanks for the info mate.

So how do we get one of these CF BLRO’s being sold to the Chinese’s public and not us foreigners lol. Become a TD and get us the good stuff…. Maybe you can sort me out hahaha ;)

and yes please more photos of yours when you get a chance

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18

what dealer do you use?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
what dealer do you use?

He may not reveal his source. We are still waiting for more photos. The weather isn’t good but he could take some indoor pics like the original one that started all this lol

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
He may not reveal his source. We are still waiting for more photos. The weather isn’t good but he could take some indoor pics like the original one that started all this lol

There was a lengthy post he made on RepTime about sourcing from 'Watch-VS', nicely done imo, I prefer the convenience of TD's personally but credit where credit is due.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/mbawod/exposing_real_local_prices_of_our_watches_real/

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17

You are so right. This is a clean blro. In fact even the blnr is clean and so is the DD40

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: mnkoshka