• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 4500v

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
Looks gorgeous. By chance can you weigh it for us? Wondering if more or less than a 15500.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Just a word of warning - bracelet is quite small. My wrist is 7’ and I had to remove only one link.

But what a fantastic bracelet - AP/PP have much to learn - it comes not with one but with two half links! (One on each side)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cgentile

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/2/21
Got mine finally the other day. I am overall impressed by the watch as a whole. The case and bezel are very impressive.

The bracelet is good but the clasp is disappointing. The clasp triggers feel cheap and loose but other wise it's a hell of a lot better than BP.

The black dial is ok, not bad but not great when compared to Gen. Bellow is my busted BP with gen dial next to the ZF. The zf dial is not quite as glossy or deep black, almost has a satin finish in some light and it also is missing the grey outline around the minute markers. And the biggest tell is the date box.
Need to get the gen dial into the ZF :cool:
zhnx18.jpg

Last edited:

Cgentile

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/2/21
And I am also very happy with how the gen rubber strap fitment is. I'd give it a 8.5, maybe even a 9 out of 10. There is a slight gap barely noticeable unless looking closely but otherwise a near perfect fit!

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
I know it's not "gen", but I think I prefer the lack of the grayish texturing around the minute indicators.

centrum

27/7/14
Got mine finally the other day. I am overall impressed by the watch as a whole. The case and bezel are very impressive.

The bracelet is good but the clasp is disappointing. The clasp triggers feel cheap and loose but other wise it's a hell of a lot better than BP.

The black dial is ok, not bad but not great when compared to Gen. Bellow is my busted BP with gen dial next to the ZF. The zf dial is not quite as glossy or deep black, almost has a satin finish in some light and it also is missing the grey outline around the minute markers. And the biggest tell is the date box.
Need to get the gen dial into the ZF :cool:
zhnx18.jpg
I thought the one with rotated dial was the ZF and thought I'm screwed and hope my watch wouldn't look like that lol.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Last edited:

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the black dial (sorry I've got bad vision). Looks really good. I'm trying to decide between black and blue but struggling to decide. Am leaning towards black currently

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Is that the black dial (sorry I've got bad vision). Looks really good. I'm trying to decide between black and blue but struggling to decide. Am leaning towards black currently

It is blue, but can look black inside on low light. I love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: christo14

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK

I poured some baby oil into a shallow bowl and actioned the clasp while submerged and its a million times better. Just needs some lubrication in there.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Any news on the ZF rubber being available at TDs? My dealer still can't get it

centrum

27/7/14
Ad4g10c.jpg

Received the watch with a 8F rubber strap. Unfortunately, dial is crooked to the left slightly. I don't have OCD, but I can still spot it which drives me crazy. Thought about getting rid of it, but will give it a try to fix it. Currently sent it out to my watchsmith to get it fixed.

Build quality is good, bracelet is good, the quick link feature works well, the rubber strap's good otherwise.

Watch wears thick and large compared to PP Nautilus 5711 and Aquanaut 5167A. Might be too big for smaller wrist homies.

My advice is:
DO NOT BUY. Dial misalignment is a common issue for the watch. Wait for an updated version.

What a bummer a big name dude like ZF let such obvious QC issue pass.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Ad4g10c.jpg

Received the watch with a 8F rubber strap. Unfortunately, dial is crooked to the left slightly. I don't have OCD, but I can still spot it which drives me crazy. Thought about getting rid of it, but will give it a try to fix it. Currently sent it out to my watchsmith to get it fixed.

Build quality is good, bracelet is good, the quick link feature works well, the rubber strap's good otherwise.

Watch wears thick and large compared to PP Nautilus 5711 and Aquanaut 5167A. Might be too big for smaller wrist homies.

My advice is:
DO NOT BUY. Dial misalignment is a common issue for the watch. Wait for an updated version.

What a bummer a big name dude like ZF let such obvious QC issue pass.

ZF is known for QC issues on every single release of any brand, that's nothing new. When the Aquanaut 5167a came out it had also a left leaning date for example

centrum

27/7/14
ZF is known for QC issues on every single release of any brand, that's nothing new. When the Aquanaut 5167a came out it had also a left leaning date for example

Yeah you're probably right. I have multiple ZF watches. I was just disappointed in a huge flaw like dial rotation which I have never heard of before.

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
Just got mine in.
Wrist roll here on 6.5" wrist: https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/vjxxbl/vc_overseas_4500v_black_dial_wrist_roll_from_hont/

You can see I'm also using one side of the bracelet micro-adjustments. The micro-adjusters and the quick-release of the bracelet itself are quite convenient! Total weight measures 153.7g with two links removed.

We've seen plenty of QC's for this where the bezel or dial is misaligned or both. I GL'd this one with the requirement being that the bezel be on straight, as that would require a press to fix. The dial was slightly off, as it is on every other QC I've seen, which I had intended to fix myself.

So got the watch in today, took off the caseback (very easy with caseback opener), loosened the three screws in red, rotated it until the dial was straight, reassemble. Pretty easy. The movement is a bit noisy. I took off the balance wheel and applied a drop of thin lube to the bearings underneath it but that didn't improve it much. Oh well. Overall very happy with this rep.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18

Get blue - the dial has a range between black and blue so you pretty much get both in one watch!

Reactions: Swiss_goupil