• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Beefcake

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/7/21
I'm very new to all this, and was wondering what the deal is with the movement? When people said "time bomb" movement, I assume they mean it is unreliable and will break soon. But what about the movement in this watch? Is it close to how a gen moves? I saw somewhere that the way the second hand ticks is very distinct in a gen. Is it reliable?

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I'm very new to all this, and was wondering what the deal is with the movement? When people said "time bomb" movement, I assume they mean it is unreliable and will break soon. But what about the movement in this watch? Is it close to how a gen moves? I saw somewhere that the way the second hand ticks is very distinct in a gen. Is it reliable?
There's nothing distinct about the tick of gen.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Beefcake

BoobBandit

resident fallguy
24/5/21
wouldn’t you like to know

If you’re referring to the sweeping hand motion, that can be attributed to the beatrate of the movement. I believe this one is in the 28k beats/minute. A 28k beatrate will make the seconds hand sweep as opposed to tick. As far as the movement, the only difference this one has as opposed to the predecessor is a balance wheel mechanism piece that has been turned. Essentially this is the VR3185 movement. Or so they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Beefcake and KJ2020

Kid68

Horology Curious
5/7/19

I rejected my QC
weird to see two different 3's in the rehaut. one curved and one flat.
Also the date wheel a little misaligned

Reactions: Beefcake

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Just received QC unfortunately the insert transition lines are pretty obvious. I find these things are only amplified by natural light. I think I got excited with the first few insert pics of this thread, it’s now obvious that those pics are of the genuine insert not the CF

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
Just received QC unfortunately the insert transition lines are pretty obvious. I find these things are only amplified by natural light. I think I got excited with the first few insert pics of this thread, it’s now obvious that those pics are of the genuine insert not the CF

You can share the pics?

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
I have not approved the watch, I think only approved pics can be posted here

If there is an issue on the watch, like the one you mention, you can post pics and ask for advice and feedback, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

You can post QC pictures, you just can't ask for general feedback. You can post them all and say "I rejected this watch". It's people asking for QC advice that is not allowed. Particularly now, it is useful to post QC's as the watch is brand new to all of us.

Ordinarily, if the watch wasn't brand new what would be allowed would be posting a few pictures and asking specific questions relating to those pictures. ie, "does the 12 marker look wrong to you guys?" etc.

But no, state you have rejected the watch and post your pictures, they are great education right now.

Reactions: Uhr70 and mnkoshka

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
You can post QC pictures, you just can't ask for general feedback. You can post them all and say "I rejected this watch". It's people asking for QC advice that is not allowed. Particularly now, it is useful to post QC's as the watch is brand new to all of us.

Ordinarily, if the watch wasn't brand new what would be allowed would be posting a few pictures and asking specific questions relating to those pictures. ie, "does the 12 marker look wrong to you guys?" etc.

But no, state you have rejected the watch and post your pictures, they are great education right now.

Thanks for the clarification mate. I’ll post them shortly.

Reactions: Sonofalich

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Here is a rejected QC pic. Yes I am pretty fussy with certain issues but I don’t mind fixing QC flaws myself as I normally mod my watches straight away. I seem to notice most of these inserts have a defined line at the transition points… as I said before I was mislead by the bezel photos at the start of this thread that are obviously of the gen lol….This issue probably won’t be fixed anytime soon and will only be amplified in natural lighting conditions. Some seem to have unevenly spaced engravings usually in one quarter of the rehaut, this sample from 3-6 which is the main reason for rejecting.

edff98da7e43cbc13697ba1a6e6d22d0.jpg

Reactions: Sonofalich

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Here is a rejected QC pic. Yes I am pretty fussy with certain issues but I don’t mind fixing QC flaws myself as I normally mod my watches straight away. I seem to notice most of these inserts have a defined line at the transition points… as I said before I was mislead by the bezel photos at the start of this thread that are obviously of the gen lol….This issue probably won’t be fixed anytime soon and will only be amplified in natural lighting conditions. Some seem to have unevenly spaced engravings usually in one quarter of the rehaut, this sample from 3-6 which is the main reason for rejecting.

I really have no words

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: RiffRalf

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

Thanks for posting. Personally, I think that is a greenlight. I don't think you'd notice either flaws in real life. However, this watch game is very subjective. You do you, there is no implicit right or wrong, just what you can/cannot live with. Either way, good luck on your next one! :)

Reactions: mnkoshka

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia

no, in this case you can ... the CF GMT is in question right now, everything can be used to clarify and view detailed specifications in favor of all those who are waiting for their rep or for those who would like to pre-order it..

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Thanks for posting. Personally, I think that is a greenlight. I don't think you'd notice either flaws in real life. However, this watch game is very subjective. You do you, there is no implicit right or wrong, just what you can/cannot live with. Either way, good luck on your next one! :)

The engraving is something that can’t be fixed. There is some play with dial rotation and such which I would normally adjust without issues but not sure I could of made it work with this sample. Each to their own I guess

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia

no comment.

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
I would have taken 10 of these with GL with my eyes closed ..

but, rightly to each his own on his own

Last edited: