• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
It's all a matter of angle of photography and how the strip is laid..maybe there is a difference but it is really not noticeable ..
Z1Iv6v.jpg

Personally? I see a difference even with your counterpoints, if people find it negligible that's great, but it's definitely noticeable to me. Moreso than just the taper, the finishing of the lugs doesn't scream like luxury finishing to me.

The softness of the lugs are immediately apparent and I would say is above noticeable.

Again, it's not bad, just not up to par with their last release. Still nice though. I'm sure it'll be updated eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tete

Arik dahan

Known Member
26/5/19
Personally? I see a difference even with your counterpoints, if people find it negligible that's great, but it's definitely noticeable to me. Moreso than just the taper, the finishing of the lugs doesn't scream like luxury finishing to me.

The softness of the lugs are immediately apparent and I would say is above noticeable.

Again, it's not bad, just not up to par with their last release. Still nice though. I'm sure it'll be updated eventually.

In general it is not bad. And less bothers me
That we repaired does not help me I have already ordered one.

Reactions: domiffm

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Wow at those Gen hands. Thing of beauty! and no lume mismatch, haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Doesn't look distorted to me, don't see why it would be either. Looks like lighting. But here's the full photo, let users be the judge.

You're clearly an idiot that doesn't know nothing about photography and you have absolutely over taken this thread with your spam. I don't comment that much because the thread has derailed but I check this thread for pictures or actual useful information. The fact you can't see distortion doesn't mean there is no distortion. Telephoto lenses suffer from a different type of distortion called pincushion distortion. Wide-angle lenses can also cause perspective distortion. This can exaggerate the sizes of objects and is caused by the focal length and not the lens itself. This is the case of most pictures we see from the vsf because they're shot on a wide angle lens from a phone. And to add to that distortion, angles also come into play.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
You're clearly an idiot that doesn't know nothing about photography and you have absolutely over taken this thread with your spam. I don't comment that much because the thread has derailed but I check this thread for pictures or actual useful information. The fact you can't see distortion doesn't mean there is no distortion. Telephoto lenses suffer from a different type of distortion called pincushion distortion. Wide-angle lenses can also cause perspective distortion. This can exaggerate the sizes of objects and is caused by the focal length and not the lens itself. This is the case of most pictures we see from the vsf because they're shot on a wide angle lens from a phone. And to add to that distortion, angles also come into play.

Hey, aren't you that guy that said information can't be passed unless you seen it in person thus negating the entire purpose of the message board? And that I can't cite people who have seen it in person and had the same judgement? Idiot? Oh, but if they went in alignment with your views, I'm sure it'd be fine?

I'm sure that distortion also somehow softened the lugs and caused them to be more circular right?

Weird how this distortion never affected the green factory models somehow. Every user shot of Green factory's model must have some amazing camera lens to pick up a gen-like case set while VSF gets distorted. I smell a conspiracy here.

That distortion must be serious if people who compared both in real life had come to the same conclusion huh? Must be mega-distortion.

Oh yeah, but we're not allowed to cite those real life opinions. Idiot.

Last edited:

Stevenf

Supporter
Certified
12/7/17
Singapore
Is there anyone else that can notice the lug shape difference other than duckber? For me, the difference is so minute that I am still not able to spot it based on the photos plucked from everywhere. I guess it will take a proper vsf vs gen side by side comparison to convince me.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I just did two quick shots of my DJ41 where you see the effect of focal lenght/distance on the lugs in the final image. You can't tell a thing on the geometry if the shots aren't taken at the same distance and angle with the same lens. Lens distortion differences (barrel or cushion) between two lenses at the same shooting distance will add to this.

Z1OiVS.jpg

Z1OawW.jpg

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Is there anyone else that can notice the lug shape difference other than duckber? For me, the difference is so minute that I am still not able to spot it based on the photos plucked from everywhere. I guess it will take a proper vsf vs gen side by side comparison to convince me.

1) https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...70#post9529570

2) https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...40#post9529640 (real life opinions seeing both in person)

3) https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...53#post9498753

There have been a few more but these are the ones I know from recent memory

To YellowFin and bam88 that's all fine and dandy, now find me one shot of the VSF that looks like this:

https://www.watchlounge.com/wp-conte...atchlounge.jpg

It's easy to say that every shot of the VSF is somehow bad/off (miraculously!) then... find me one that's gen-like.

By the way, I can't really say those two shots of the Datejust are even remotely in the same ballpark as the VSF vs Rolex?

Last edited:

domiffm

buffalo is sick
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Guys, „don‘t feed the troll“ as we used to say in the internet 10 years ago.

Especially with his last comparison pic of Gen vs VSF he clearly proofed he has no competence in interpretation of photography. He jumps too quick on conclusions based on nonsense pics or claims. That’s why no one here takes him for granted. Mixed with arrogance and too much self-confidence... oh boy.

Every noobie starts somewhere but this is ridiculous. I don’t think he will survive very long here.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Guys, „don‘t feed the troll“ as we used to say in the internet 10 years ago.

Especially with his last comparison pic of Gen vs VSF he clearly proofed he has no competence in interpretation of photography. He jumps too quick on conclusions based on nonsense pics or claims. That’s why no one here takes him for granted. Mixed with arrogance and too much self-confidence... oh boy.

Every noobie starts somewhere but this is ridiculous. I don’t think he will survive very long here.

Don't take me for granted. Make up your own conclusion. I'm simply sharing mine.

In order to survive long here I must follow the VSF hivemind? What about the others who felt the same about the lugs that I cited. They shouldn't survive either?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
No, focal length does not do this drastic of a difference in change of shape.

Ignoramus. Your examples form a case study of how focal length and distance affect an object.

(Edit: In addition, the angle of the watches are different - both reps are canted away from the camera, which foreshortens the lugs. Both gens are aligned to the camera. Just look at the rehaut to see the difference in angle.)

You have nothing of value to say, and you’re saying it too often.

What about the others who felt the same about the lugs that I cited. They shouldn't survive either?

You claim to be good at noticing differences. Do you notice any between you and ‘the others’? We all do...

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
To YellowFin and bam88 that's all fine and dandy, now find me one shot of the VSF that looks like this:

https://www.watchlounge.com/wp-conte...atchlounge.jpg

It's easy to say that every shot of the VSF is somehow bad/off (miraculously!) then... find me one that's gen-like.

By the way, I can't really say those two shots of the Datejust are even remotely in the same ballpark as the VSF vs Rolex?

I think some pictures show that VSF isn't that far from gen. Green also isn't 100% spot on from my point of view. I'll receive my VSF 126610LN soon and will take some shots. If someone sends me his gen, I can do a 1:1 comparison... just kidding. ;)

Reactions: Wristick

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Ignoramus. Your examples form a case study of how focal length and distance affect an object.

You have nothing of value to say, and you’re saying it too often.

Okay, I'll level with you. This is sincere. I have shown a comparison photo of how they differ. If you want to chalk it up to focal length and focal length only -- fine. Let's say that is in fact the case.

With that set as the precedent, can you please, show me a shot of the VSF where the focal length makes it look like it has lugs that of Rolex? This is a genuine question. I really want to see it.

You claim to be good at noticing differences. Do you notice any between you and ‘the others’? We all do...

That I haven't seen them in person? No. I am going by photos. But I have to say it's quite the coincidence this only applies to VSF but not Green (or even Noob!). And it's a coincidence that those that seen them in person felt similarly? Is Occam's Razor not applicable, or at the very least, the thought should be entertained, in this situation?

I think some pictures show that VSF isn't that far from gen. Green also isn't 100% spot on from my point of view. I'll receive my VSF 126610LN soon and will take some shots. If someone sends me his gen, I can do a 1:1 comparison... just kidding. ;)

It's not far at all. I never said that's the case. Green isn't 100% there but I do think it's more accurate. Just that there are some definite differences if you know where to look. Looking forward to those shots!

Last edited:
Reactions: BiH855

Updog

18/7/19
Duckber can we please put the lugs discussion to rest now. I think you have made it clear to all what your thoughts are on the matter and 5 pages seems more than enough of a discussion on lugs. Anyone who goes through this thread in future will be able to see this and the counterarguments.
Many thanks

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Duckber can we please put the lugs discussion to rest now. I think you have made it clear to all what your thoughts are on the matter and 5 pages seems more than enough of a discussion on lugs. Anyone who goes through this thread in future will be able to see this and the counterarguments.
Many thanks

Ok, I have made my point. I won't bring it up again (as long as I don't get baited into a stupid discussion here) there's enough debate on it, well agreed.

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Okay, I'll level with you. This is sincere. I have shown a comparison photo of how they differ.

No, you have shown a disparate set of images which illustrate the differences bought about by lens, sensor size, distance and focal length.

Ok, I have made my point. I won't bring it up again (as long as I don't get baited into a stupid discussion here) there's enough debate on it, well agreed.

Thank you.

PLEASE - no one else quote this guy.

Last edited: