• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Do you know if the VSF bezel will accept a gen bezel insert pressure fitted only (ie with no tape, glue or mods)?

Yes, a gen bezel insert fits perfectly. This one also has a gen dial.
[correction] This is a complete gen bezel, not just the insert, but the gen and rep inserts measure the same so yes a gen insert will fit a VSF bezel assuming the size has not changed.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Yes, a gen bezel insert fits perfectly. This one also has a gen dial.
[correction] This is a complete gen bezel, not just the insert, but the gen and rep inserts measure the same so yes a gen insert will fit a VSF bezel assuming the size has not changed.

Can you really tell the difference if you are not told the bezel/insert is gen

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
Can you really tell the difference if you are not told the bezel/insert is gen

No, especially when they are not next to each other 99,99% will not notice its a vsf... On a 1 meter distance it is impossible. Gen bezel + insert on a 126xxx is very expensive and only worth if you're doing the Franken way for yourself.

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
No you can't tell. I have both and I can't tell them apart. Same for the dial. Spend a lot of money for gen dial and bezel and you only have bragging rights and no visual improvement.

Disagree on the dial but only because I can’t unsee the “floating m” which stands out like a sore thumb in photos. I think that was a smart purchase on your part. Wish I could find one.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Disagree on the dial but only because I can’t unsee the “floating m” which stands out like a sore thumb in photos. I think that was a smart purchase on your part. Wish I could find one.

After I typed that I thought yeah, but ForecastMax could spot that floating "m"! I might have to crank up my microscope and see if I can come up wit a fix for that.

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
I think if I'd replace anything with gen, it would be the crystal. I know some of the gens have the blue tint, so that's not a huge deal, but the cyclops distortion from angles drives me nuts. That's my OCD thing with this watch. And I have you guys to thank for pointing that shit out... :laughing:

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20

What is the "floating m"? Searched but did not see anything on this.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
On most rep dials the “m” in “300m” does not sit flush with the numerals but is raised slightly. I don’t know why, but it is.

It’s dumb, isn’t visible on the wrist, but I can’t unsee it in photos.

ahhh...now I see it. Agreed this flaw is super subtle, so I won't be losing too much sleep over it...hopefully!

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Hi guys,

Do you think this production is a real VSF?

serial no 2R50X604

Thanks.
jFRLD1.jpg

Looks legit to my eye, congratulations OP, you got a beautiful example!

Last edited: