• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Complete..

I followed these guides to remove the movement and bezel, took me a couple hours, was a bit fiddly, but done and I'm very pleased!

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...to-remove-and-replace-a-ceramic-daytona-bezel
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...30-from-the-case-and-how-to-reset-the-keyless

work in progress..
difference between noob and cousins gaskets..

before/after

more..
Anyone reason why your main second hand is on the 3rd or 4th second?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Anyone reason why your main second hand is on the 2nd second?

Yes, because I fucked it up.:thumbsup:

It's too late tonight, I'll take it apart and sort it tomorrow. Not bad for a first timer though!

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Yes, because I fucked it up.:thumbsup:

It's too late tonight, I'll take it apart and sort it tomorrow. Not bad for a first timer though!
I see.. Make sure you always pull the stem out at the winding position, I had stuff up the keyless before.

Also have you line up the LEC on the xtal after you replace the gasket?

Reactions: asanibal

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I see.. Make sure you always pull the stem out at the winding position, I had stuff up the keyless before.

Also have you line up the LEC on the xtal after you replace the gasket?

Yeah I got the LEC in the right position, I marked it's position with a bit of masking tape. Getting the hands on the sub dials was hard, getting the screws to fix in the dial at 5 and 10 was hard, getting the bezel back on square was tricky. I didn't remove the rotor. Amatuer mistake though with the large 2nd hand.. but I can fix that later no bother.

Must say, it has transformed the watch, it feels luxury now somehow, the dial indices sparkes, the subdial borders catch the light and pops and it looks really amazing!. This is going to be on my wrist for a while!
It may be a fantasy watch but it's not unheard of, here just a couple days ago one appeard on TRF.. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=805092

More pics.. I'll get some in daylight tomorrow..

Reactions: Mc Queen and KJ2020

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

Henskyveg

Horology Curious
27/5/21
Hi! That‘s definitely not a Noob. Looks more like dhgate.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

hello, thanks for the reply may I know how did you determine is not a noob.

both of the side like the stop watch etc is working sorry I’m a newbie here not too sure what is called.

Henskyveg

Horology Curious
27/5/21
Hi! That‘s definitely not a Noob. Looks more like dhgate.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

hello, thanks for the reply may I know how did you determine is not a noob.

both of the side like the stop watch etc is working sorry I’m a newbie here not too sure what is called.

Henskyveg

Horology Curious
27/5/21
Hi guys, quick question I found myself a dealer that is still dealing noob but is not from TD. He said that “not all of them are closed, but they are very cautious at present, and they ship a small amount of noob Daytona” is it true do you think I can trust him he asked for $100 deposit.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Hi guys, quick question I found myself a dealer that is still dealing noob but is not from TD. He said that “not all of them are closed, but they are very cautious at present, and they ship a small amount of noob Daytona” is it true do you think I can trust him he asked for $100 deposit.

The prevailing advice on here will always be to stick to the TDs who have built up their reputation with countless sales and published reviews.

It's your money at the end of the day, so ultimately your decision, but imho, why add additional risk.

Just my 2c anyway.

Last edited:

Henskyveg

Horology Curious
27/5/21
The prevailing advice on here will always be to stick to the TDs who have built up their reputation with countless sales and published reviews.

It's your money at the end of the day, so ultimately your decision, but imho, why add additional risk.

Just my 2c anyway.

Thanks for the reply, currently some of the TD said that they are not taking and orders for noobs as the factory is closed.

Any idea if any TD is still selling their noob
Or anyone is willing to let go their noob v4 do let me know!

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Isn't this supposed to be a 40mm diameter? I took off the SELs and measures 38. Very confused.

Gen measures ~38.5mm, just like the rep. Not sure why Rolex classifies it as 40mm...probably a marketing thing as 39mm sounds kinda small. If you've ever wondered why the daytona wears a little small, it's because it is a little small....at least relative to a Sub or GMT.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thanks for the reply, currently some of the TD said that they are not taking and orders for noobs as the factory is closed.

Any idea if any TD is still selling their noob
Or anyone is willing to let go their noob v4 do let me know!

Very welcome Sir, its just my opinion, it's your call at the end of the day.

I'd say your best bet is to throw up a WTB ad below:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/want-to-buy-watches-or-straps

And keep an eye on the M2M sales area:-
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales

Just make sure you read the rules for each section beforehand.

Best of luck