• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Henskyveg

Horology Curious
27/5/21
Reactions: P..DR..D

repreg123

7/8/19
Gen measures ~38.5mm, just like the rep. Not sure why Rolex classifies it as 40mm...probably a marketing thing as 39mm sounds kinda small. If you've ever wondered why the daytona wears a little small, it's because it is a little small....at least relative to a Sub or GMT.

Ok, that's reassuring. Thank you Sir.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Fixed it but now it worse. I got the big 2nd hand aligned perfect, but when I put it all back togeher and ran the chrono, it set back at 2 secs now. I good excuse to get it serviced now I think, let someone that knows what they are doing take over from here.
I'm happy.

Some day light pics..

To answer above, this is a Noob dial.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Fixed it but now it worse. I got the big 2nd hand aligned perfect, but when I put it all back togeher and ran the chrono, it set back at 2 secs now. I good excuse to get it serviced now I think, let someone that knows what they are doing take over from here.
I'm happy.

Some day light pics..

To answer above, this is a Noob dial.

I can recomend Nikz19 for clean work

dashing

Dashing Around
20/5/18
Metroville
ZZm1oy.jpg

Mod:
All hands replaced(sharp pointer & "3D" effect)
gasket changed
bezel(comes from a small team called "buff", the engraving is a bit deeper and text are whiter than CF bezel)
AR clasp

cheers

Anyone figured how to get these hands?
OP mentioned that every TD should be able to get them, but I'm not sure how to even start asking... :confused:

Last edited:

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Anyone figured how to get these hands?
OP mentioned that every TD should be able to get them, but I'm not sure how to even start asking... :confused:

Lol
i think those are noob v4 hands polished and reshaped… but indeed they look awesome

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
StreetFighter Congrats on your workmanship.

I changed a ceramic bezel twice but was very afraid to break it. So now on one of my Daytonas it does not sit completely flush on the watch case (still with the milky noob gasket). I don't want to use too much force with the press. I have two clear gen spec gaskets incoming from Cousins and will then try again. If done right the result is amazing, as your example shows. Looks beautiful.

Reactions: StreetFighter

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
StreetFighter Congrats on your workmanship.

I changed a ceramic bezel twice but was very afraid to break it. So now on one of my Daytonas it does not sit completely flush on the watch case (still with the milky noob gasket). I don't want to use too much force with the press. I have two clear gen spec gaskets incoming from Cousins and will then try again. If done right the result is amazing, as your example shows. Looks beautiful.

If you have a bezel removal tool you won’t damage it. I’m happy to try things, bezel and crystal work is fine, but I’m not keen on working with tiny parts like hands and movement parts. I’ll leave that to the pro’s next time.
By all means swap out your bezel or gasket though, that’s not too hard if you have the tools.

Reactions: Plaasbaas

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The dial is usually only available or fitted to a Daytona in white gold with oysterflex bracelet. Noob make this watch, I wanted only the dial. Makes mine a fantasy watch, but as l linked above, they do exist - there’s a 4/5 page thread on page 1 or 2 of TRF at the moment with a chap showing his (linked above). I think if Rolex issued this dial in a SS Daytona it’d be very popular.

Nassim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/2/20
Ho guys, one dealer was able to source ke this one, I guess à rejected QC, I see minors flaws but am ok. Just wanted to have some expert feedback.

thank you.