• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Battle Has Already Begun

jydn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/9/20
I see a future sale here in the near future

sent from middle earth

I’m sorry

Idk what else to do I need to help fund my grandfathers funeral so need to sell my watch ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lrnz

27/1/17
EU
Cyclops clarity and DW are much more important than the black hole effect because it only occurs at a certain angle and lighting condition.

puretime Then everyone who swaps out the rep crystal for the genuine is a dumbass, right?

There is no need to have a certain lightning enviroment.. Just grab a genuine crystal, tilt it, when the light reflects the crystal creating a white reflection on the whole crystal, look at the cyclop.. As mari115 posted plenty of times, you'll see that the cyclop won't be white / reflecting, but it will be deep black, with no reflections except for the direct light sources.
On the reps, it has a blue hue, it reflects the light, and gets whiteish as the crystal does too

This should be the factories NR 1 priority since it is the biggest tell!..

We're in 2020, you guys know how to copy a movement like the 3135 or the 4130 with an impressing accuracy but can't make a good crystal? RXF did it though, meaning the possibility do to it EXISTS. ..............

Last edited:

Zenth

Known Member
12/9/20
I’m sorry

Idk what else to do I need to help fund my grandfathers funeral so need to sell my watch ASAP

giphy.gif

Reactions: GingerBubba

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Then everyone who swaps out the rep crystal for the genuine is a dumbass, right?

There is no need to have a certain lightning enviroment.. Just grab a genuine crystal, tilt it, when the light reflects the crystal creating a white reflection on the whole crystal, look at the cyclop.. As mari115 posted plenty of times, you'll see that the cyclop won't be white / reflecting, but it will be deep black, with no reflections except for the direct light sources.
On the reps, it has a blue hue, it reflects the light, and gets whiteish as the crystal does too

We're in 2020, you guys know how to copy a movement like the 3135 or the 4130 with an impressing accuracy but can't make a good crystal? RXF did it though, meaning the possibility do to it EXISTS. ..............

Well said... I mean, saying that it's not noticeable, and that factories shouldn't struggle with it is quite unfair.

I hope that the new releases stay true to the hype

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Then everyone who swaps out the rep crystal for the genuine is a dumbass, right?

I just could not recreate the black hole effect on the genuine, I don’t know how to. I have not even checked the rep crystal yet, even it can show black hole effect but I can’t show it.

I will try again when I have all the watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Tione12

Globex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/8/20
Who do you think u are how dare you

I mean, I haven't been here for long but I don't think the way you're handling this will help you with selling your watch. You are posting useless comments and are attacking other members because they call you out for it. If you just want to sell your watch as quickly as possible, maybe you should try other places if you don't agree with the rules of selling here.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Oh no jydn, I'm truly sorry to hear that. I've just lost my great aunt so I know your pain. She's left me many millions in her will, but I need to pay $1000 in lawyers' fees before they'll release it. If you can lend me the $1000 for the fees for a day or two, I'm happy to pay for your funeral in full.

ra1n

Known Member
29/7/20
Oh no jydn, I'm truly sorry to hear that. I've just lost my great aunt so I know your pain. She's left me many millions in her will, but I need to pay $1000 in lawyers' fees before they'll release it. If you can lend me the $1000 for the fees for a day or two, I'm happy to pay for your funeral in full.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
puretime Then everyone who swaps out the rep crystal for the genuine is a dumbass, right?

I think everyone banging on about the black hole crystal need to cut Angus some slack. The fact that Rolex, who do just about every process in-house can't or don't produce their own crystals should be an indication that they either are quite difficult to produce in high quality or maybe just so expensive as to make them not a good value for the rep makers to put on there watches as it would blow out the price significantly. Just a thought.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I think everyone banging on about the black hole crystal need to cut Angus some slack. The fact that Rolex, who do just about every process in-house can't or don't produce their own crystals should be an indication that they either are quite difficult to produce in high quality or maybe just so expensive as to make them not a good value for the rep makers to put on there watches as it would blow out the price significantly. Just a thought.

I think it is doable but since it is not easy for everyone else to spot in most conditions. I could not even see it on my own wrist / hand and how to spot from someone else’s wrists? I think we should pay more attention to those more observable issues. But I will still remind the maker to pay more attention to the crystals.

And I will try again when I got all the watches

Reactions: MiMo62

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I think it is doable but since it is not easy for everyone else to spot in most conditions. I could not even see it on my own wrist / hand and how to spot from someone else’s wrists? I think we should pay more attention to those more observable issues. But I will still remind the maker to pay more attention to the crystals.

And I will try again when I got all the watches

I'm a person who isn't very good at seeing 'faults' in top end reps. These tiny differences in SEL fitment, rehaut engraving, spacing on the dial text etc - I just cannot see the difference; I can hardly tell in macro photos unless there's a side by side comparison.

However the crystal and black hole effect I can easily see on the wrist/in a video when the crystal is poor/average. The RXF crystal is the first I've seen that's ever got close in my opinion (Profs are great too). I don't know understand how you can't see it? Personally I think the black hole is one of the most important things for getting the Gen look right on the wrist.