• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release: Noob Skydweller

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Why does it built up so high on my wrist?

20200718_142155b1kyx7tjm7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
im in love with this. its a great alternative for wanting a larger sized DJII

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Any news on Noob releasing the two tone rose gold version with champagne dial?

KrX

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/20
Hello every body, I just get my Sky Dweller from PT... I’m disappointed because the letter SKY Dweller on the dial is not aligned not parallel!!!

i valid the QC but I did’t see it ....

KJ2020 need help !!! Can I open the watch and fix it ?

Somebody have the same problem?

the watch stay beautiful but now I see it every time...

thanks

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hello every body, I just get my Sky Dweller from PT... I’m disappointed because the letter SKY Dweller on the dial is not aligned not parallel!!!

i valid the QC but I did’t see it ....

KJ2020 need help !!! Can I open the watch and fix it ?

Somebody have the same problem?

the watch stay beautiful but now I see it every time...

thanks

I'm confident that can be fixed pretty easily bro. I haven't had my Noob apart yet but I'm sure its a two piece dial like the previous version. Those versions have a month indicator transparency attached. I got rid of that and made one that rotates. Then just used dial dots to attach the inner dial. So however the Noob is set up, I'm sure it is able to be fixed.

RqP9p.jpg

RqCKb.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and Fervid

KrX

12/5/20
I'm confident that can be fixed pretty easily bro. I haven't had my Noob apart yet but I'm sure its a two piece dial like the previous version. Those versions have a month indicator transparency attached. I got rid of that and made one that rotates. Then just used dial dots to attach the inner dial. So however the Noob is set up, I'm sure it is able to be fixed.

RqP9p.jpg

RqCKb.jpg

Thanks bro... is there a thread with a tuto to open it ?

take care

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's a 2813 base watch so open the caseback, release the stem with it in the winding position and remove the movement tabs. Remove the hands and dial and see how the middle dial piece is attached. It's possible its glued onto the back of the outer dial with a transparency overtop the GMT wheel. If so, the inner dial would need to be sliced away, realigned and reglued. Take care not to nick the visible part of the transparency if present. The inner dial also may just be attached with dial dots (double-sided tape mini squares or circles).

You need to hold the stem release button down to re-insert the stem.

KrX

12/5/20
It's a 2813 base watch so open the caseback, release the stem with it in the winding position and remove the movement tabs. Remove the hands and dial and see how the middle dial piece is attached. It's possible its glued onto the back of the outer dial with a transparency overtop the GMT wheel. If so, the inner dial would need to be sliced away, realigned and reglued. Take care not to nick the visible part of the transparency if present. The inner dial also may just be attached with dial dots (double-sided tape mini squares or circles).

Whooo!!! Maybe I would ask to my smith

YellingYellowLlama

Known Member
12/3/18
No one has really delved into the TWF version. Does that version have the adjustable month or is it fixed like the previous best attempt?

Asking just because the TWF version seems to fix the issue with the Noob GMT wheel which has numbers such as 22 and 24 incorrectly curved, which is an easy tell and not very nice to look at. I understand that the TWF date wheel sucks, but isn't that much easier to replace?

Last edited:

HG 2000

Supporter
22/7/20

That’s a great write up, and clearly explained. Thank you!

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
No one has really delved into the TWF version. Does that version have the adjustable month or is it fixed like the previous best attempt?

Asking just because the TWF version seems to fix the issue with the Noob GMT wheel which has numbers such as 22 and 24 incorrectly curved, which is an easy tell and not very nice to look at. I understand that the TWF date wheel sucks, but isn't that much easier to replace?

No functional month indicator on the TWF.

Datewheel issue can't be fixed (easily) because the date window is too narrow to fit a normal size font. Its the same issue the dials had on the previous versions. I made a custom datewheel by scaling the fonts 85% horizontally so they would fit in the window. Its actually what Rolex did on the gen - the two digit date fonts are scaled down horizontally, and space reduced between the digits.

I should be getting my printed datewheels any day now, this sample is less clear than the final result. The sample has some bleeding due to paper. Final is on a transparency.

15660753949291.jpg