• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel and Dial Review of ZZF V2S 116610LV Submariner and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF V3 and Noob V10

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Another thing to keep in mind is it’s always not the case what others see and think it’s what you see and think. People are building these watches for themselves and it’s a pursuit for perfection. Different things bother different people. People still swap ZZF inserts and bezels for gen though no one in the world would probably notice the difference execpt themselves.

Yes I agree on this, many do not go down the franken route as it can get really costly. For something straight otb ZZF really did a good job and is acceptable to the majority. Even Noob and ARF subs with their flaws many still get them as it is really difficult to tell the difference without a gen in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
So that factories like ZZF and noob won’t be able to copy and use the real serial number in their reps...

it’s common practice amongst sellers who post photos of their gen watches for sale. They would also usually block the serial number on the warranty card

I got that , but usually you can see just marker like line over the number on the card or the watch Iif the number is visible, why photoshopped like there is no number it kind of made to look like a production error.
actually if original like that with mistake made by Rolex may even go for more among collectors, kind of like some of dollar errors by the mint that are auctioned for millions.

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
I have got 2 more pics of that watch. Kinda ridiculous for me that they are even selling 10k$ usd watch that has been sitting in a box for last 8 years for 15k euros.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
You can easily tell that it’s been photoshopped, so let’s stop this nonsense discussion:)

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I have got 2 more pics of that watch. Kinda ridiculous for me that they are even selling 10k$ usd watch that has been sitting in a box for last 8 years for 15k euros.

It's actually vice versa the longer they are sitting in a box the more they cost. Let it sit 25 years more and check the price then. Also try how long it takes to get it for retail price many many years.

But yeah the serial is removed just from the images it's not missing on the watch.

Last edited:

audiwt

25/5/18
lovely kettle bro is this a zzf v2s with gen xtal aye?

This is a ZZF V2 with a V2s Insert, GEN Crystal, GEN Green DW, GEN 3135-145, and GEN Barrel with Arbor and Mainspring. Next Step is a ARF Bracelet and a ARF Case.

Gesendet von iPhone XR mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Azazel and mordret

swink6112

Known Member
15/7/20
Hi need help please. Just order the Hulk ZZF V2S and the delivery guy will be here today. Just wanna ask...

I can tell if it's not a ZZF but I really need help in how to spot a real V2S and not get duped into getting the older version regular V2. Cause I heard it's sometimes difficult to tell.

Last edited:

Doc brown

Supporter
Certified
1/11/17
Hi need help please. Just order the Hulk ZZF V2S and the delivery guy will be here today. Just wanna ask...

I can tell if it's not a ZZF but I really need help in how to spot a real V2S and not get duped into getting the older version regular V2. Cause I heard it's sometimes difficult to tell.

First thing would be check that the bracelet serial is C4R. Second thing is to look at the rehaut. It will be either xx or xy.

JAW_CM

Horology Curious
14/6/20
Just received my QC photos and the watch is fantastic! Just one question about the SEL. The top left fitment is different to the others. Possible remove pin and refit to solve? Not an issue as will not notice on wrist.

RLVR1.jpg

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Or you could assume that a TD isn't planning on shafting you with zero reason

Maybe he didn't went with a TD and that's why he registred on RWI today, have only 2 posts and are nervous...

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: swink6112

swink6112

Known Member
15/7/20
Maybe he didn't went with a TD and that's why he registred on RWI today, have only 2 posts and are nervous...

Exactly lol
Will post pix once I have it.

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
From what non trusted dealer did you buy from then and what did you pay?

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Few more

Quote]

Possible, but don't put high hope on this method. Try other spring bars, or go for other bracelet if you still don't satisfied after playing with it. The 3 flush SELs are just as ugly as from a Noob.
Oyster bracelet from ARF is highly regarded here. It normally have nice curvy recess SELs, smooth links and correct claps with solid closure.
Cheers

Reactions: JAW_CM

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Few more

Quote]

Possible, but don't put high hope on this method. Try other spring bars, or go for other bracelet if you still don't satisfied after playing with it. The 3 flush SELs are just as ugly as from a Noob.
Oyster bracelet from ARF is highly regarded here. It normally have nice curvy recess SELs, smooth links and correct claps with solid closure.
Cheers

The only way you can fix those SELs is to find another ZZF bracelet which has good recess or reject the watch and hope a better one comes next.

I had one with quite flush SELs and got another ZZF bracelet for it which had perfect gen like recess. If I'm selling the watch I'm definitely keeping that bracelet.