• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel and Dial Review of ZZF V2S 116610LV Submariner and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF V3 and Noob V10

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
Dunno if it was discussed before, but don't you guys think that v2 dial was closer to gen than this one?

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Dial has updated X and case has updated rehaut with the serial number starting with the letter “Y” vs “X”. Watch looks great in my opinion....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DR Russell

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
Only flaw on this one is 12 hour marker. Watch posted before has straight marker and this one does not.

About the serial number, you guys care about it a lot but I have a couple of friends with gen rolexes and no one of them could tell or assume anything by the serial number. I don't think it is any tell at all for 99.99% population even if you have got the wrong one.

Reactions: Akilles

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Only flaw on this one is 12 hour marker. Watch posted before has straight marker and this one does not.

About the serial number, you guys care about it a lot but I have a couple of friends with gen rolexes and no one of them could tell or assume anything by the serial number. I don't think it is any tell at all for 99.99% population even if you have got the wrong one.

It's not entirely relevant but the X7L beginning is known as a known rep serial. I joined of those Danish Rolex fake busting groups in Facebook after these were mentioned in one thread and there was a comment under one watch identifying it as a rep as it "had a known X7L rep serial".

Reactions: Blaze00215

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Yes it is approved. I don't know about this X thing so see for yourself.

Thanks for sharing. Yours looks like the most updated batch with all the new fixes.

Y serials were used in 2002, X in 1991, but it is entirely random alphanumeric since 2010. It is not impossible to have a serial to start with X or Y assuming it is random and Rolex doesn't omit them. Not too sure about this.

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
Have you seen a gen without a serial number? There is one shop in Warsaw that you can walk into and buy hulk/submariner with a mark up. They have there hulk produced in 2012 for 15k euros still in mint condition. It does not have any serial number. There is Rolex on the rehaut all around and blank space where the number is supposed to be.

What do you think about that 12 marker on my watch? Maybe it bothers me more than it should.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
It’s great that they changed the x to a y, but the spacing on the rehault is still horrible. But it’s a step in the right direction

Reactions: Tione12

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Have you seen a gen without a serial number? There is one shop in Warsaw that you can walk into and buy hulk/submariner with a mark up. They have there hulk produced in 2012 for 15k euros still in mint condition. It does not have any serial number. There is Rolex on the rehaut all around and blank space where the number is supposed to be.

What do you think about that 12 marker on my watch? Maybe it bothers me more than it should.

No gen has no serial. Rehaut engraving was only introduced early 2000s (around 2004) and all has serial engraved, what you described sounds like a fake.

Your 12 o'clock seems fine, if it bothers you, send it back when you receive it provided your TD accepts your exchange request.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Thanks for sharing. Yours looks like the most updated batch with all the new fixes.

Y serials were used in 2002, X in 1991, but it is entirely random alphanumeric since 2010. It is not impossible to have a serial to start with X or Y assuming it is random and Rolex doesn't omit them. Not too sure about this.

Edit:
Old serials has alphabet+6 numbers, new serials have 8 random alphanumeric characters, and it is possible to have serials that start with an alphabet that was used in old serials to identify the year it was manufactured. This is backed with some posts on TRF.

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
I have seen it in hand. Price is 15200 euros in an actual shop. What do you guys think?

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
It's not entirely relevant but the X7L beginning is known as a known rep serial. I joined of those Danish Rolex fake busting groups in Facebook after these were mentioned in one thread and there was a comment under one watch identifying it as a rep as it "had a known X7L rep serial".

Makes no difference because now the Y one will be on that list too

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Man... do you guys really go around looking at peoples microscopic serie numbers in the rehaut?

I have never in my 35 year old life been checking serie numbers or have been checked by other people.. reps or gen...

So a few Danish guys knows about the fake numbers!? STAY AWAY FROM DENMARK when you're wearing your Hulk then, very simple :)

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Last edited:

James2020

1/6/20

So that factories like ZZF and noob won’t be able to copy and use the real serial number in their reps...

it’s common practice amongst sellers who post photos of their gen watches for sale. They would also usually block the serial number on the warranty card

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Makes no difference because now the Y one will be on that list too

Man... do you guys really go around looking at peoples microscopic serie numbers in the rehaut?

I have never in my 35 year old life been checking serie numbers or have been checked by other people.. reps or gen...

So a few Danish guys knows about the fake numbers!? STAY AWAY FROM DENMARK when you're wearing your Hulk then, very simple :)

I know the serial has never been an issue for me as well. Lot of attention has been on the ZZF serial the X and the spacing but for me that's been the least of the issues never see that anyway. With the Y serial they have corrected the rehaut alignment on the ETA clones what I've seen so far on the QCs. Previously only 3135 had rehaut aligned with markers but now ETA clones with Y have as well and as no date is available only with ETA that's good news.

I've heard from another thread ZZF is working with CF on 116710LN and BLNR so there probably won't be a V3 anytime soon so all these small under the radar fixes are very welcome news.

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
While waiting for my Gen Crystal and Gen datewheel arrive, here is my hulk :)
20200712-113630.jpg

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Well even if you go to Denmark, no one will go "can i see your serial number?". Serial number has never been something i noticed on my watch. It has always been the insert for subs, with CF platinum sputter insert (or what it claims to be), I can finally get a sub in peace.

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Well even if you go to Denmark, no one will go "can i see your serial number?". Serial number has never been something i noticed on my watch. It has always been the insert for subs, with CF platinum sputter insert (or what it claims to be), I can finally get a sub in peace.

Another thing to keep in mind is it’s always not the case what others see and think it’s what you see and think. People are building these watches for themselves and it’s a pursuit for perfection. Different things bother different people. People still swap ZZF inserts and bezels for gen though no one in the world would probably notice the difference execpt themselves.

Reactions: DR Russell