• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would an ARF/vrf assembly fit the noob?

Comment

Originally posted by Vvvlllooo View Post
      Would an ARF/vrf assembly fit the noob?
      It would be worth trying bro. I think the retaining ring would have to be changed too. I think the ARF/VRF groove (even older Noob groove) would not mate with the Noob Pepsi retaining ring lip and still let the bezel sit at a proper height relative to the crystal. But it could just be that the Noob Pepsi bezel's missing upper half of its groove was simply omitted from the mold to save material. In any event you would likely also need a different hytrel ring, as you know the new Noob gasket has a unique stairstep profile cut that wouldn't likely be compatible with a full groove bezel.

BTW the "top step" goes in face down, into the bezel detent.

JDM180
      We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
      GMT Movements Explained
      BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
      Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
      The Fantasy Watch Thread
      Noob GMT's poor bezel design
      Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Fun Socks View Post
        This is why your the man kj, you can make a stronger better watch with parts from walmart than noob can make using factories in china!
        Haha, just trying to counter some of their extreme shortcuts bro. It is truly amazing what they can make for crazy low prices. This beauty just arrived - $288. Bullet proof 2836 ICHS. Just wow. Keep 'em comin while this Bonanza train rolls on.

GMT Movements Explained
        The Fantasy Watch Thread
        Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

thanks for taking time to share. I also admire your passion in finding a solution!

Comment

Having a problem with the bazel that won't sit at all into the case. Can take it off with wind hehe.

Any hints of how to get this to fit correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Diddern View Post
              Having a problem with the bazel that won't sit at all into the case. Can take it off with wind hehe.

Any hints of how to get this to fit correct?

You need to remove the insert from the bezel. Then remove the gasket from the bezel, seat the bezel on the case and see if the gasket is reusable. Look at my first posts in this thread.
              GMT Movements Explained
              The Fantasy Watch Thread
              Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Wow, how did I miss this thread before!! Great write-up KJ with even greater dedication to this hobby!! Loved your pics too, very relevant. Keep up the good works so that we can learn from you...

Comment

Thanx for your answer, I struggle a little understanding of your pictures. Almost shore I do it correct, but wont sit. Hear a click but just keep falling off. Can you try to explain how to get it back on step by step?

I think its the 3 pin click ring that does the problem.

Comment

Your missing the rubber gasket holding the assembly to the hrtyle ring

Comment

Originally posted by Vvvlllooo View Post
                      Your missing the rubber gasket holding the assembly to the hrtyle ring
                      The the rubber gasket is there, I see that. What is the mechanism that holds the bezel together? I used the watch and it just fell off.

Comment

So you understand, The bazel fell off, and need to reconnect it to the case again. The Retaining ring with the 3 points must be the connecting points, that keeps it together with the case?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Diddern View Post

The the rubber gasket is there, I see that. What is the mechanism that holds the bezel together? I used the watch and it just fell off.
                            Believe it or not..that rubber part. I made a how to on this....let me check for the link

Comment

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...blro-vvvlllooo

Comment

You have to remove the glued on insert. Then assemble it on with the steps I give you. Just use 3m tape or rubber cement. Very easy and only held on by the plastic gasket

Comment

Working...
                                X