• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF GMT 116710 SH3186 photo review

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
Been beating this ARF around for a week now. Hands down the best rep OTB I've ever seen. Still keeping time to the second, sh3185 feels the same as gen. Bracelet incredible.
these recent ones seem to have a great bezel and Dw compared to gen imho. Can't wait to see the next arf suprise. Maybe a Daytona or a dweller.....

Reactions: m5smg2

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I received my ARF 116710LN from Li a couple of days ago. I must say that it is probably the equal best rep i'v bought to date (along with the pam 111 and the AP v7 diver). I have bought a gen bezel/insert, but it's honestly indistinguishable to the naked eye. I'd planned on buying a gen date wheel, dial, hands and crystal, but having seen the ARF, maybe the crystal will be enough. What a bloody good watch

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
I received my ARF 116710LN from Li a couple of days ago. I must say that it is probably the equal best rep i'v bought to date (along with the pam 111 and the AP v7 diver). I have bought a gen bezel/insert, but it's honestly indistinguishable to the naked eye. I'd planned on buying a gen date wheel, dial, hands and crystal, but having seen the ARF, maybe the crystal will be enough. What a bloody good watch

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia

lolo1972sg

Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore

You are not alone to feel that way. I wonder why is this not considered a Super rep (except perhaps the crystal because if one does the QC well, the thick DW issue can be eliminated).

Reactions: m5smg2

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
You guys are killing me!!! Grrr must resist! :)

Keep you posted if a place an order!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: cassapanca

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
I honestly love this piece. I can't stop looking at it! It seems as though ARF has really improved the datewheel font. I can't tell it apart from then gen.

Nah youre not crazy. They must have improved the DW and insert just from photos seen at the beginning of this thread. Now if only one of us would open it and film the sh3186... it's still on the second after a week and that's better than I can say for my gen after a fresh service..?2"this is it. I'm purchasing more ARF after I see this new OF Tag chrono 1 clone and this VSF Pam carbotech w cloned black movement v2 w power reserve behind rotor.. gonna be shocked if either makes me tingle like this GMT..

Reactions: thechoppiestgreens

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18
Nah youre not crazy. They must have improved the DW and insert just from photos seen at the beginning of this thread. Now if only one of us would open it and film the sh3186... it's still on the second after a week and that's better than I can say for my gen after a fresh service..?2"this is it. I'm purchasing more ARF after I see this new OF Tag chrono 1 clone and this VSF Pam carbotech w cloned black movement v2 w power reserve behind rotor.. gonna be shocked if either makes me tingle like this GMT..

this is one of the best, if not the best, rep watches that I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: Knxvlln and m5smg2

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
I just installed a gen jumping hour wheel and spring in my SH3186, and boy, what difference. It is so precise and clicks gen like.

Reactions: Knxvlln

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
I just installed a gen jumping hour wheel and spring in my SH3186, and boy, what difference. It is so precise and clicks gen like.

how difficult was it? Did you take any photos? How much did it Cost you? Hella interested i like this sh3186

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
Well... it’s a bit of wrenching with a few watchmaking tools. You must uncase the movement and pull the hands and dial. Then you have to take off the center bridge, which is held by two of the smallest screws you ever saw. This bridge is unique to the 3186. The 3135 and 3185 does not have it. Remove the dial ring seating plate. Then you must remove one of the the winding and setting bridges, and then you can lift out the jumping hour wheel and spring. I did it in an hour, but I am familiar wi the dial side of the 3186. I paid $170 for the parts.

Sent from my iPad using RWI

Goon3r

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/20
UK
All this love for the SH3186 is making me rethink the swapping out for the VR3185. I think its time someone did another deep dive on the SH movement

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
We, I have a VR coming and I will change them out. I have a gen hand set and dial and the gen hour hand that I have is for the 3185.

Sent from my iPad using RWI

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18
Sort of related question: now that we have seen the stark improvements made to the ARF datewheel on the 116710, do you guys think that ARF might have also improved their datewheel font on all of their models? I'm also in the market for a DJ 36 (116234), but the hugely bold DW font is a turn-off. Any thoughts?

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Did some reshaping and polishing on the case and want to share the result :)
Also swapped the crystal with gen, but the date looks a bit small or what do you think? Thinking of getting a taller gasket for more magnification but crystal height looks good as it is and gen gasket didn't fit so could be a long search for a good one..
Or does the CAR-V3-C1 crystal which i used have a lower magnification then CAR-C1 ? AFAIK they should be the same crystal ?

wYmnE.jpg

wYi22.jpg

Last edited: